why live?

LenaaaaXo

I just read 99% of this thread.
And I agree with most of you, life is beyond worth living, no matter what your reason for it is.

CFboy - you said you play basketball, and you are very good, doesn't that make life worth living for you? Isn't it exhilarating to be able to take the winning shot(I don't know if thats the basketball lingo, but you get what I mean). I mean, I myself love to wake up each day and listen to music, it's what keeps me going, concerts, dancing, everything about music keeps me taking my medications and stuff, it makes my life worth living, I'm sure you have somehting like that, even if it's not basketball... But you have offended me greatly. Just because someone doesn't beleive in god and heaven, they don't deserve to go there?

So if someone, lives their life caring for other people, and doing all the can to be a good person and have morals, but do not beleive in god, you think they should go to hell? I surely don't think so! I myself, don't beleive in any reliogon, because It's hard for me to look around at the state of the world and beleive a god could create such a horrible place for his creations to live. But that doesn't stop me from being a good person, if I see someone in need I'll help them, I recycle, I help take care of my house for my mother who has severe rhematoid arthritis, fibromajia, bi-polar, underactive thyroid, osteoporosis, gout, and probably a few others that I have forgotten (even though I have CF, am in high school-taking advanced computer courses, that are definately no walk in the park, and am an actice member in a very politically controversial club-called Humanity united). So even though I try very hard to be a good person, I don't deserve to go to heaven(if it exsists) because I don't believe in it. You know what, if I had to go to heaven and spend the rest of eternity with closed minded people like you, I'd rather burn in hell.

and to answer your question(edit: disregaurding what I have just said), If I knew there was a spot for me in heaven, and I could kill myself and get there, I still wouldn't, yes it would be luxurious, and freedom from CF, but think about it, you'd lose out on so many life experiences, that you can only get on earth, like love, high school(even though it can be very hard at times), helping others, seeing your family happy, whatever it is in the world that you can find the smallest amount of joy in makes life worth living...

I probably didn't make a lot of sense through some of that, and offended some of you, but it's the truth, and everyone has to be tolerant of eachother's beleifs, we have to share this planet, so we need to try our hardest to get along.

LenaaaaXo

And I agree with most of you, life is beyond worth living, no matter what your reason for it is.

CFboy - you said you play basketball, and you are very good, doesn't that make life worth living for you? Isn't it exhilarating to be able to take the winning shot(I don't know if thats the basketball lingo, but you get what I mean). I mean, I myself love to wake up each day and listen to music, it's what keeps me going, concerts, dancing, everything about music keeps me taking my medications and stuff, it makes my life worth living, I'm sure you have somehting like that, even if it's not basketball... But you have offended me greatly. Just because someone doesn't beleive in god and heaven, they don't deserve to go there?

So if someone, lives their life caring for other people, and doing all the can to be a good person and have morals, but do not beleive in god, you think they should go to hell? I surely don't think so! I myself, don't beleive in any reliogon, because It's hard for me to look around at the state of the world and beleive a god could create such a horrible place for his creations to live. But that doesn't stop me from being a good person, if I see someone in need I'll help them, I recycle, I help take care of my house for my mother who has severe rhematoid arthritis, fibromajia, bi-polar, underactive thyroid, osteoporosis, gout, and probably a few others that I have forgotten (even though I have CF, am in high school-taking advanced computer courses, that are definately no walk in the park, and am an actice member in a very politically controversial club-called Humanity united). So even though I try very hard to be a good person, I don't deserve to go to heaven(if it exsists) because I don't believe in it. You know what, if I had to go to heaven and spend the rest of eternity with closed minded people like you, I'd rather burn in hell.

and to answer your question(edit: disregaurding what I have just said), If I knew there was a spot for me in heaven, and I could kill myself and get there, I still wouldn't, yes it would be luxurious, and freedom from CF, but think about it, you'd lose out on so many life experiences, that you can only get on earth, like love, high school(even though it can be very hard at times), helping others, seeing your family happy, whatever it is in the world that you can find the smallest amount of joy in makes life worth living...

I probably didn't make a lot of sense through some of that, and offended some of you, but it's the truth, and everyone has to be tolerant of eachother's beleifs, we have to share this planet, so we need to try our hardest to get along.

LenaaaaXo