Why lunchtime?

J

jennywotherspoon

I'm hoping someone else can relate or shed some light as to why my daughter wcf (18) starts coughing at lunchtime or early afternoon. She wakes cough free, does some coughing with morning physio and remains pretty much cough free until lunchtime. The lunchtime cough kicks in for an hour or two then disappears. It is a dry, non productive cough. Can't figure this one out....does anyone else experience anything like this?

cftrsplicing

It's quite normal.
It's been the same for me. for more than 15 years. Then mucus quantity improved and now it starts at about 11am and it calm down at 16-17 in the afternoon. at 30 years it's not that bad.
I think this is related to hormones. (maybe corticosteroids?) or just because mucus accumulate during the night and moves after some hour after waking up. I noticed that going to sleep later (2-3 am) unbalance this "times", maybe worsening mucus production.

G

gunelle

This happens to me too! But only on weekends... it's strange, after eating lunch and having a lie down, I start coughing and produce phlem. I don't know why. Maybe on weekends I am more relaxed than during the week...? Maybe becasue I am lying down? Don't know. Just thought I let you know that it happens to me too :)

LookingforPeace

I experience something similar. But I learned that it is my carpeted work environment (as well as stress during the week). Also, perhaps this is when the morning meds start wearing off a bit...