why ??

A

Aspiemom

Don't let Necron start a fight where there wasn't one to begin with.

I think everyone agrees that everyone on here learns from each other. Period. Whether young or old, parent or patient, new dx or long ago dx, this bacteria or that...we all are different and we all can learn from each other, sift through what each other share.

The best thing to do, IMO - my old age opinion! lol - is ignore this thread and let it go. I don't mean delete the thread. I just don't want some taking offense just because Necron seemed to be trying to stir up something.

A

Aspiemom

I think everyone agrees that everyone on here learns from each other. Period. Whether young or old, parent or patient, new dx or long ago dx, this bacteria or that...we all are different and we all can learn from each other, sift through what each other share.

The best thing to do, IMO - my old age opinion! lol - is ignore this thread and let it go. I don't mean delete the thread. I just don't want some taking offense just because Necron seemed to be trying to stir up something.

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

<br />
<br />I think everyone agrees that everyone on here learns from each other. Period. Whether young or old, parent or patient, new dx or long ago dx, this bacteria or that...we all are different and we all can learn from each other, sift through what each other share.
<br />
<br />The best thing to do, IMO - my old age opinion! lol - is ignore this thread and let it go. I don't mean delete the thread. I just don't want some taking offense just because Necron seemed to be trying to stir up something.

Diane

I wish when i was diagnosed ( 1968) there was a place like this for my parents to come to. The Dr. that diagnosed me (with cf) told my parents i would "outgrow" cf since i had such a mild case. For years my parents believed this . Back in the late 60's and early 70's there wasnt a lot of info about cf out there. Had there been this site back then they would have heard the reality of cf right from the cf'ers mouth.

I have learned a lot from being on this site, and i have helped people out as well. Thats what the site is here for. I would imagine any parent of a cf child would want to absorb some of the adult cf'rs knowledge . Who better to learn from than someone who has been thru it?

Diane

I wish when i was diagnosed ( 1968) there was a place like this for my parents to come to. The Dr. that diagnosed me (with cf) told my parents i would "outgrow" cf since i had such a mild case. For years my parents believed this . Back in the late 60's and early 70's there wasnt a lot of info about cf out there. Had there been this site back then they would have heard the reality of cf right from the cf'ers mouth.

I have learned a lot from being on this site, and i have helped people out as well. Thats what the site is here for. I would imagine any parent of a cf child would want to absorb some of the adult cf'rs knowledge . Who better to learn from than someone who has been thru it?

Diane

Diane

Diane

<br />
<br /> I have learned a lot from being on this site, and i have helped people out as well. Thats what the site is here for. I would imagine any parent of a cf child would want to absorb some of the adult cf'rs knowledge . Who better to learn from than someone who has been thru it?

Mommy2Alysa

I was on this board over a year ago and was "chased away" after an adult CFer let me have it when I said I was pregnant with another child. I believe she said something along the lines of "would you do something if you knew you had a 25% of dying from it" (referring to the odds of having a CF child) and I think she even went on to tell me, in another post, that "your child WILL DIE struggling to breathe" and stuff..... not a nice thing to say to a mother who just found out her first was diagnosed right before she found out she was preg with a second one and was terrified that she would have to raise two CFers. Turns out I do and honestly, I wouldn't trade my girls for the world.

I know that you adult CFers have more experience then us moms but I think us moms have it rough as well. We have to stand by HELPLESS as we watch our children go through this disease wishing with our heart that we could make them better, take their pain away, explain to them why they have to go inside and do their nebs while their friends get to stay outside and play.

I guess I am just saying that we need to step into each other's shoes for once before we go and judge the other person's experiences, feelings, frustrations, or fears.

Mommy2Alysa

I was on this board over a year ago and was "chased away" after an adult CFer let me have it when I said I was pregnant with another child. I believe she said something along the lines of "would you do something if you knew you had a 25% of dying from it" (referring to the odds of having a CF child) and I think she even went on to tell me, in another post, that "your child WILL DIE struggling to breathe" and stuff..... not a nice thing to say to a mother who just found out her first was diagnosed right before she found out she was preg with a second one and was terrified that she would have to raise two CFers. Turns out I do and honestly, I wouldn't trade my girls for the world.

I know that you adult CFers have more experience then us moms but I think us moms have it rough as well. We have to stand by HELPLESS as we watch our children go through this disease wishing with our heart that we could make them better, take their pain away, explain to them why they have to go inside and do their nebs while their friends get to stay outside and play.

I guess I am just saying that we need to step into each other's shoes for once before we go and judge the other person's experiences, feelings, frustrations, or fears.

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

<br />
<br />I know that you adult CFers have more experience then us moms but I think us moms have it rough as well. We have to stand by HELPLESS as we watch our children go through this disease wishing with our heart that we could make them better, take their pain away, explain to them why they have to go inside and do their nebs while their friends get to stay outside and play.
<br />
<br />I guess I am just saying that we need to step into each other's shoes for once before we go and judge the other person's experiences, feelings, frustrations, or fears.
<br />

Mommy2Alysa

As far as us mothers trying to sugar coat CF I think we are doing it for our children..... we have to answer some pretty tough questions and if we arent optomistic then our children wont be either.

Mommy2Alysa

As far as us mothers trying to sugar coat CF I think we are doing it for our children..... we have to answer some pretty tough questions and if we arent optomistic then our children wont be either.

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa