Will this be our first hospital stay?

BabyBeauty

My daughter is almost three. She has cultured psuedomonas three times. They are not all in a row. But she cultured it on October 12th again. She got a cold on October 24th. We of course are on TOBI/Cipro for the psuedo and did a five day stint on steroids. So we are looking at 15 days of coughing. The clinic wants to see her on Tuesday. I am wondering if this is going to be our first hospital stay. I am preparing for the worst...the stay, but hoping I am being dramatic and they will try something else. I don't know.

What are your thoughts? Is it too early to put her in? She doesn't have a fever or any change in behavoir....

BabyBeauty

My daughter is almost three. She has cultured psuedomonas three times. They are not all in a row. But she cultured it on October 12th again. She got a cold on October 24th. We of course are on TOBI/Cipro for the psuedo and did a five day stint on steroids. So we are looking at 15 days of coughing. The clinic wants to see her on Tuesday. I am wondering if this is going to be our first hospital stay. I am preparing for the worst...the stay, but hoping I am being dramatic and they will try something else. I don't know.

What are your thoughts? Is it too early to put her in? She doesn't have a fever or any change in behavoir....

BabyBeauty

<br />
<br />What are your thoughts? Is it too early to put her in? She doesn't have a fever or any change in behavoir....

M

Mommafirst

I don't know the answer. I know with our doctors if two different orals don't change the cough, we are admitted. Each center is different, and it really depends on the symptoms etc. I hope its not your first admit, but if it is, hang in there, IVs will help.

M

Mommafirst

I don't know the answer. I know with our doctors if two different orals don't change the cough, we are admitted. Each center is different, and it really depends on the symptoms etc. I hope its not your first admit, but if it is, hang in there, IVs will help.

M

Mommafirst