Wondering about CF care in Denver & TX program

Liza

I'm looking for anyone who goes to clinic at Jewish National in Denver, Colorado. How do you like it there? The hospital during admit? The docs, the care, aggressiveness etc. Do you live in CO travel there for clinic? If you travel, how does the elevation affect you?

Here's why all the questions. My daughter and husband are looking to be sent there and we are wondering how the elevation may affect her.

I'm also wondering about the transplant program in Denver. In the event that the time comes while they are living there.

Thank you you for any insight you can give me.

nmw0615

Wondering about CF care in Denver & TX program

I go to National Jewish and love it. I typically see Dr. Saavedra, although I've met with all docs on staff and don't really have any complaints. Each doctor has his or her own style, but they're all dedicated to treatment and prevention.

I'm actually in the hospital right now, and St. Joeseph's is really technologically amazing. The food is so-so, but it's in the middle of Denver and places deliver. The staff is really organized and on top of things.

I live in CO and have my entire life, so I can't comment on elevation in terms of coming from a low elevation state to CO. However, I do travel to the mountains a lot. When I'm feeling good, I can go to at least 10,000ft and feel fine. When I'm sick, I occasionally need oxygen when I get above 7,000ft.

I don't really have anything to say about the transplant program. I don't have any experience there.

If you have more questions, please feel free to email me at findmeinabook @ gmail . com

John89

I've lived in CO my entire life so I cant really comment on the elevation either.. But I've gone to NJ for the last few years and had a very positive experience overall. The doctors are excellent and always have a game plan (at least in my experience).

The only con I'd say is the communication channels. I was at Kaiser before NJ and their online patient portal was far superior. At times I'll have to wait a week or more before calling them to find out about test results; whereas, Kaiser had them available on the portal the next day.

Hope that helps! Best of luck.

- John

Liza

Thank you so much, John! How is the response time when you call because you're not feeling well?