working and PICC lines

julie

Mark had his follow up from being admitted, and she recommended he have a picc placed so that he can get IV medications. However, she mentioned to him that he shouldn't work with it. I'm pretty sure this isn't the case and I relayed that to him, but he said that's what she told him. Is this true? If so, why?

thanks

julie

Mark had his follow up from being admitted, and she recommended he have a picc placed so that he can get IV medications. However, she mentioned to him that he shouldn't work with it. I'm pretty sure this isn't the case and I relayed that to him, but he said that's what she told him. Is this true? If so, why?

thanks

julie

thanks

julie

thanks

julie

<br />
<br />thanks

JazzysMom

Depending on the work he is doing depends on why I would think. Many people do iv's at work with a picc.

Now if its to "manual" while the picc line is in I can understand. You do need to take certain precautions with lifting, bumping, pulling it etc. I also know that the meds can take a toll on you & maybe the doctor doesnt want him run down.

JazzysMom

Depending on the work he is doing depends on why I would think. Many people do iv's at work with a picc.

Now if its to "manual" while the picc line is in I can understand. You do need to take certain precautions with lifting, bumping, pulling it etc. I also know that the meds can take a toll on you & maybe the doctor doesnt want him run down.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Now if its to "manual" while the picc line is in I can understand. You do need to take certain precautions with lifting, bumping, pulling it etc. I also know that the meds can take a toll on you & maybe the doctor doesnt want him run down.
<br />
<br />

LouLou

Since rest (and eating well, working out, etc.) are just as important as the IV meds many docs say no work while on IVs.

Think of it this way... IV meds are the final defense against the vengance of cf. Warwick says IVs are a failing of the home care plan. Most importantly though, IVs are the final defense a doc has to offer other than a transplant or death so it makes sense that one should reap all the rewards IVs have to offer by not working.

I guess he's not on SSD anymore?

LouLou

Since rest (and eating well, working out, etc.) are just as important as the IV meds many docs say no work while on IVs.

Think of it this way... IV meds are the final defense against the vengance of cf. Warwick says IVs are a failing of the home care plan. Most importantly though, IVs are the final defense a doc has to offer other than a transplant or death so it makes sense that one should reap all the rewards IVs have to offer by not working.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

<br />
<br />Think of it this way... IV meds are the final defense against the vengance of cf. Warwick says IVs are a failing of the home care plan. Most importantly though, IVs are the final defense a doc has to offer other than a transplant or death so it makes sense that one should reap all the rewards IVs have to offer by not working.
<br />
<br />I guess he's not on SSD anymore?

saveferris2009

Yup I agree with LouLou 100%.

Rest is essential.... you will see his CF deteriorate faster if he doesn't slow down when he has an exacerbation.

I know this is new to you guys... But ask you clinic. Sometimes the CFer's who decline the fastest are those who get sick only later in life and don't heed the advice to slow down and/or comply with treatments.

It's not fun. It's not fair. But it's just how CF is unfortunately....

saveferris2009

Rest is essential.... you will see his CF deteriorate faster if he doesn't slow down when he has an exacerbation.

I know this is new to you guys... But ask you clinic. Sometimes the CFer's who decline the fastest are those who get sick only later in life and don't heed the advice to slow down and/or comply with treatments.

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />Rest is essential.... you will see his CF deteriorate faster if he doesn't slow down when he has an exacerbation.
<br />
<br />I know this is new to you guys... But ask you clinic. Sometimes the CFer's who decline the fastest are those who get sick only later in life and don't heed the advice to slow down and/or comply with treatments.
<br />
<br />It's not fun. It's not fair. But it's just how CF is unfortunately....
<br />
<br />