Working/School

ashton2005

Hey there everyone this is kind of off topic but i dont thing anyone would see it in that section.. I am debating on returning to school to get my RN nursing degree and also continuing to work currently as a medical assistant.. Im going to try and do part time school it may take longer but thats ok with me.. My current employer offers tuition reimbursement which is nice as well!!! Are there any moms on here that have done this and or anyone that is an RN now and can give me some insight!!! Everyones thoughts on here are always a little bit more helpful!!

ashton2005

Hey there everyone this is kind of off topic but i dont thing anyone would see it in that section.. I am debating on returning to school to get my RN nursing degree and also continuing to work currently as a medical assistant.. Im going to try and do part time school it may take longer but thats ok with me.. My current employer offers tuition reimbursement which is nice as well!!! Are there any moms on here that have done this and or anyone that is an RN now and can give me some insight!!! Everyones thoughts on here are always a little bit more helpful!!

ashton2005

ashton2005

ashton2005

pjspiegle

Hi,

I am currently working on a BSN degree. I am graduating on May 9th with my AS which is all of my pre-reqs for my BSN. I personally would recommend going for a BSN if you want to be an RN, there are way more job opportunities available and you have to have at least a BSN to work at the Childrens Hospital, at least here where we are. The nice thing was that, all but the science classes, I was able to do online at my schedule, you have due dates but the freedom to work on stuff during the day and week that works best for you.

On the other hand, if you get your RN first, you can do a RN to BSN program and there seems to be a lot more of those programs available depending on where you live.

I say, GO FOR IT!!!!

Let me know if you have specific questions that I may or may not be able to answer but would be willing to try.

Patty

pjspiegle

Hi,

I am currently working on a BSN degree. I am graduating on May 9th with my AS which is all of my pre-reqs for my BSN. I personally would recommend going for a BSN if you want to be an RN, there are way more job opportunities available and you have to have at least a BSN to work at the Childrens Hospital, at least here where we are. The nice thing was that, all but the science classes, I was able to do online at my schedule, you have due dates but the freedom to work on stuff during the day and week that works best for you.

On the other hand, if you get your RN first, you can do a RN to BSN program and there seems to be a lot more of those programs available depending on where you live.

I say, GO FOR IT!!!!

Let me know if you have specific questions that I may or may not be able to answer but would be willing to try.

Patty

pjspiegle

Hi,

I say, GO FOR IT!!!!

Patty

pjspiegle

Hi,

I say, GO FOR IT!!!!

Patty

pjspiegle

Hi,
<br />
<br />I am currently working on a BSN degree. I am graduating on May 9th with my AS which is all of my pre-reqs for my BSN. I personally would recommend going for a BSN if you want to be an RN, there are way more job opportunities available and you have to have at least a BSN to work at the Childrens Hospital, at least here where we are. The nice thing was that, all but the science classes, I was able to do online at my schedule, you have due dates but the freedom to work on stuff during the day and week that works best for you.
<br />
<br />On the other hand, if you get your RN first, you can do a RN to BSN program and there seems to be a lot more of those programs available depending on where you live.
<br />
<br />I say, GO FOR IT!!!!
<br />
<br />Let me know if you have specific questions that I may or may not be able to answer but would be willing to try.
<br />
<br />Patty

lilismom

I've been home since my kids were born. I'm now trying to figure out what I want to do in 2 years when they are both in school full time. I have a BS degree in Business so my plan is to take some classes in the next 2 years to help me reenter the working world. I'm looking forward to it!

lilismom

I've been home since my kids were born. I'm now trying to figure out what I want to do in 2 years when they are both in school full time. I have a BS degree in Business so my plan is to take some classes in the next 2 years to help me reenter the working world. I'm looking forward to it!

lilismom

lilismom

lilismom

NoExcuses

I would be careful about bugs you might bring home from working in a doc's office or hospital.

I would hate for your CFer to be exposed to MRSA or nosocomial bugs due to your work.

NoExcuses

I would be careful about bugs you might bring home from working in a doc's office or hospital.

I would hate for your CFer to be exposed to MRSA or nosocomial bugs due to your work.

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

<br />
<br />I would hate for your CFer to be exposed to MRSA or nosocomial bugs due to your work.