Working/School

AbbysMama

I stayed home for a year. Abby was at home with me, not in daycare. I went back to teaching full-time and put Abby in daycare. We had a rough first few months. She caught everything. Just know that flexibility will be an important factor when considering your options. I was really slammed by my principal about my absences at the beginning of the year since I'm under contract. I felt bad about it, too, but FAMILY FIRST!

AbbysMama

I stayed home for a year. Abby was at home with me, not in daycare. I went back to teaching full-time and put Abby in daycare. We had a rough first few months. She caught everything. Just know that flexibility will be an important factor when considering your options. I was really slammed by my principal about my absences at the beginning of the year since I'm under contract. I felt bad about it, too, but FAMILY FIRST!

AbbysMama

AbbysMama

AbbysMama

SandyCheeks

I think nursing is a great career! I love the flexibility and the money.

If you choose to go, I would be sure to state up front with your school that you have a child with special needs that may require some flexibility. Nursing school was challenging for me to juggle my ds (no cf). Nursing school can be very competitive and strict, not allowing you to miss classes or clinicals. I had trouble in nursing school because my ds caught every thing in daycare and was frequently ill. One day on my way to an exam I found his teacher standing in the corner of the room with chicken pox, and I was unable to skip the exam. Needless to say he broke out the next day.

I would think that if you were very clear that you were serious about getting your degree and had a plan up with the staff up front it is very do able.

Good Luck!
Sandy

SandyCheeks

If you choose to go, I would be sure to state up front with your school that you have a child with special needs that may require some flexibility. Nursing school was challenging for me to juggle my ds (no cf). Nursing school can be very competitive and strict, not allowing you to miss classes or clinicals. I had trouble in nursing school because my ds caught every thing in daycare and was frequently ill. One day on my way to an exam I found his teacher standing in the corner of the room with chicken pox, and I was unable to skip the exam. Needless to say he broke out the next day.

I would think that if you were very clear that you were serious about getting your degree and had a plan up with the staff up front it is very do able.

Good Luck!
Sandy

SandyCheeks

Good Luck!
Sandy

SandyCheeks

Good Luck!
Sandy

SandyCheeks

<br />
<br />If you choose to go, I would be sure to state up front with your school that you have a child with special needs that may require some flexibility. Nursing school was challenging for me to juggle my ds (no cf). Nursing school can be very competitive and strict, not allowing you to miss classes or clinicals. I had trouble in nursing school because my ds caught every thing in daycare and was frequently ill. One day on my way to an exam I found his teacher standing in the corner of the room with chicken pox, and I was unable to skip the exam. Needless to say he broke out the next day.
<br />
<br />I would think that if you were very clear that you were serious about getting your degree and had a plan up with the staff up front it is very do able.
<br />
<br />Good Luck!
<br />Sandy
<br />

ashton2005

Thank you.. i think im going to start on my prerequisites until my employer will pay for my tuition next year... I need to get those out of the way anyways.. and at least some of my school will be paid for through my employer unless i get grants and scholorships.. does anyone have the average cost of nursing school/college??

ashton2005

Thank you.. i think im going to start on my prerequisites until my employer will pay for my tuition next year... I need to get those out of the way anyways.. and at least some of my school will be paid for through my employer unless i get grants and scholorships.. does anyone have the average cost of nursing school/college??

ashton2005

ashton2005

ashton2005