working

laulau555

i posted this in "adults with cf" but i figured i'd post it here too:

i am a senior in highschool this year. i have a job at an icecream stand which is open all year round. in the fall i do field hockey which goes after school until about 8 when there is a game. then i come home to do homework with no time to rest. obviously, this can be very tiring for me especially since i got CF slowing me down. therefore, i work only on sundays since saturday is my time to rest to keep my immune system up. keep in mind this is a part time job so i see nothing wrong with this. however, my manager said if they didn't have enough people and i could only work one day they would FIRE me (however, for the time being they do have enough people). they know i have CF however they still made this comment.is there some sort of protection or law saying they can't fire me for that?

laulau555

i am a senior in highschool this year. i have a job at an icecream stand which is open all year round. in the fall i do field hockey which goes after school until about 8 when there is a game. then i come home to do homework with no time to rest. obviously, this can be very tiring for me especially since i got CF slowing me down. therefore, i work only on sundays since saturday is my time to rest to keep my immune system up. keep in mind this is a part time job so i see nothing wrong with this. however, my manager said if they didn't have enough people and i could only work one day they would FIRE me (however, for the time being they do have enough people). they know i have CF however they still made this comment.is there some sort of protection or law saying they can't fire me for that?

laulau555

laulau555

laulau555

<br />
<br /> i am a senior in highschool this year. i have a job at an icecream stand which is open all year round. in the fall i do field hockey which goes after school until about 8 when there is a game. then i come home to do homework with no time to rest. obviously, this can be very tiring for me especially since i got CF slowing me down. therefore, i work only on sundays since saturday is my time to rest to keep my immune system up. keep in mind this is a part time job so i see nothing wrong with this. however, my manager said if they didn't have enough people and i could only work one day they would FIRE me (however, for the time being they do have enough people). they know i have CF however they still made this comment.is there some sort of protection or law saying they can't fire me for that?

lightNlife

Unfortunately the American's With Disability Act does not protect you from being fired if you cannot do the job they hire you to do. What you can ask for is reasonable accommodations in order to do the job. For example, if you need to work a 24 hour week (like I do) you can ask that it be broken up into 4 days of 6 hours instead of 3 full 8-hour days.

The only thing you can't be fired for is simply for having CF. Regardless of CF, if you were hired for a certain job, you are expected to fulfill the duties of that job as it stands.

I hope that helps.

lightNlife

Unfortunately the American's With Disability Act does not protect you from being fired if you cannot do the job they hire you to do. What you can ask for is reasonable accommodations in order to do the job. For example, if you need to work a 24 hour week (like I do) you can ask that it be broken up into 4 days of 6 hours instead of 3 full 8-hour days.

The only thing you can't be fired for is simply for having CF. Regardless of CF, if you were hired for a certain job, you are expected to fulfill the duties of that job as it stands.

I hope that helps.

lightNlife

I hope that helps.

lightNlife

I hope that helps.

lightNlife

<br />
<br />The only thing you can't be fired for is simply for having CF. Regardless of CF, if you were hired for a certain job, you are expected to fulfill the duties of that job as it stands.
<br />
<br />I hope that helps.
<br />
<br />

Kelli

I don't think any of this falls under CF, I think it falls under your schedule and not being available to work the hours the need you for.

That's just my thought.

Kelli

Kelli

I don't think any of this falls under CF, I think it falls under your schedule and not being available to work the hours the need you for.

That's just my thought.

Kelli

Kelli

That's just my thought.

Kelli

Kelli

That's just my thought.

Kelli

Kelli

<br />
<br />That's just my thought.
<br />
<br />Kelli