World first in transplant medicine!

jfarel

I don't think anyone is against stem cell research. What people, including myself are against is destroying embryos for research purposes. Other stem cell research such as using adult stem cells and stem cells from cord blood has proven much more effective anyway.

jfarel

I don't think anyone is against stem cell research. What people, including myself are against is destroying embryos for research purposes. Other stem cell research such as using adult stem cells and stem cells from cord blood has proven much more effective anyway.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

BlueTurtle

What great Shel Silverstein quote....anything can happen! This transplant news was unheard of yesterday...and here we are today. What hope! Same with this news today:
The CF Foundation announced today it has awarded a $1.25 million milestone payment to EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:EPIX), a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing novel therapeutics. This milestone marks <b>successful completion of the development of a validated model of a full-length Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane conductance Regulator (CFTR) ion channel protein.</b> A mutation in the CFTR gene that codes for this channel is one of the key factors that ultimately lead to the symptoms, complications and premature mortality in people with CF.

BlueTurtle

What great Shel Silverstein quote....anything can happen! This transplant news was unheard of yesterday...and here we are today. What hope! Same with this news today:
The CF Foundation announced today it has awarded a $1.25 million milestone payment to EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:EPIX), a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing novel therapeutics. This milestone marks <b>successful completion of the development of a validated model of a full-length Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane conductance Regulator (CFTR) ion channel protein.</b> A mutation in the CFTR gene that codes for this channel is one of the key factors that ultimately lead to the symptoms, complications and premature mortality in people with CF.

BlueTurtle

BlueTurtle

BlueTurtle