worried about chest port

nicolaj

Im on my iv antibiotics at the moment but finish them this friday. Anyway, ive never had any problems with my port thank god!, but ive noticed yellow staining under the clear dressing over my port. i no the stain is from my ceftazadime drug, but what the hell is it doing there? I took the dressing off yesterday and put a fresh dressing back on,but the yellow colour has re appeared. It doesnt feel damp atall and i dont see any problems apart from this. If it was leaking it would feel wet right?? and be more obvious? anyway i dont see the point of going to clinic to check it out because i finish them friday and im in no pain.

Should i be worried?

nicola xx

nicolaj

Im on my iv antibiotics at the moment but finish them this friday. Anyway, ive never had any problems with my port thank god!, but ive noticed yellow staining under the clear dressing over my port. i no the stain is from my ceftazadime drug, but what the hell is it doing there? I took the dressing off yesterday and put a fresh dressing back on,but the yellow colour has re appeared. It doesnt feel damp atall and i dont see any problems apart from this. If it was leaking it would feel wet right?? and be more obvious? anyway i dont see the point of going to clinic to check it out because i finish them friday and im in no pain.

Should i be worried?

nicola xx

nicolaj

Should i be worried?

nicola xx

nicolaj

Should i be worried?

nicola xx

nicolaj

Should i be worried?

nicola xx

cfpatient0587

If it flushes fine, you can still get a blood return, feels ok, doesnt hurt, still works, or the neddle hasnt come out jsut a little. Then I wouldnt worry about it. I have have everything but infection, thank you god, go wring with my 3 other ports. SO I feel like I know everything there is....lol. IF any of the thigns listed above are the oppiste of what I listed then you need to call the drs office or go straight to your ER, tell them you have CF (you know the drill) and they can do more test there. But I think its nothing to be worried about, I've had that happen and it could just be you swetting and thats why. so dont worry.

Krisitna

cfpatient0587

If it flushes fine, you can still get a blood return, feels ok, doesnt hurt, still works, or the neddle hasnt come out jsut a little. Then I wouldnt worry about it. I have have everything but infection, thank you god, go wring with my 3 other ports. SO I feel like I know everything there is....lol. IF any of the thigns listed above are the oppiste of what I listed then you need to call the drs office or go straight to your ER, tell them you have CF (you know the drill) and they can do more test there. But I think its nothing to be worried about, I've had that happen and it could just be you swetting and thats why. so dont worry.

Krisitna

cfpatient0587

Krisitna

cfpatient0587

Krisitna

cfpatient0587

Krisitna

lightNlife

I get that yellow stuff after my port's been accessed for a couple of days. It's from the topmost layer of skin getting stuck under the tagaderm. Normally if the skin were uncovered, that layer of skin that had been stained by the iodine would have naturally rubbed off or been exfoliated somehow. Since it's trapped by the dressing, it just accumulated a bit. When you sweat under there, that also brings out the yellow-ish stain from the iodine.

That's what happens with mine anyway.

lightNlife

I get that yellow stuff after my port's been accessed for a couple of days. It's from the topmost layer of skin getting stuck under the tagaderm. Normally if the skin were uncovered, that layer of skin that had been stained by the iodine would have naturally rubbed off or been exfoliated somehow. Since it's trapped by the dressing, it just accumulated a bit. When you sweat under there, that also brings out the yellow-ish stain from the iodine.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife