Worry; does it sometimes take you by surprise?

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I feel like I've been in a fairly good place with dealing with having a child with CF..She's in public kindergarten; missed some school but not an unusual amount..Maggie's weight had dropped recently but she's getting back on an eating spree and picked up her weight again. This morning she told me she didn't want to go to school...I blew her off; asked her what's wrong and Maggie wouldn't tell me. So, I brushed her off and away she went to school.. My husband dropped the kids off and said Maggie didn't seem like her usual happy self.. So now I'm worried that she's coming down with something and I missed it. It's like cause she has CF and is always happy she's not allowed to have a bad day or be tired without me worrying that she may be getting sick? Do you ever have this worry that kind of takes you off guard? It's very annoying!

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I feel like I've been in a fairly good place with dealing with having a child with CF..She's in public kindergarten; missed some school but not an unusual amount..Maggie's weight had dropped recently but she's getting back on an eating spree and picked up her weight again. This morning she told me she didn't want to go to school...I blew her off; asked her what's wrong and Maggie wouldn't tell me. So, I brushed her off and away she went to school.. My husband dropped the kids off and said Maggie didn't seem like her usual happy self.. So now I'm worried that she's coming down with something and I missed it. It's like cause she has CF and is always happy she's not allowed to have a bad day or be tired without me worrying that she may be getting sick? Do you ever have this worry that kind of takes you off guard? It's very annoying!

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

JORDYSMOM

I've been second guessing myself over my kids for the past 21 years! LOL CF certainly does add a few degrees to the worry meter though. I do worry more about the little things with Jordan. If he sleeps more than normal, if he doesn't eat as much as normal...the list goes on and on.

I hope there's nothing brewing with Maggie.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

I've been second guessing myself over my kids for the past 21 years! LOL CF certainly does add a few degrees to the worry meter though. I do worry more about the little things with Jordan. If he sleeps more than normal, if he doesn't eat as much as normal...the list goes on and on.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />I hope there's nothing brewing with Maggie.
<br />
<br />Stacey

M

Mommafirst

The extra worry of having the CF kid is annoying and does catch me off guard as well. Older son coughs and I think, oh bummer, he's getting sick. Alyssa coughs and I cringe. And suddenly I'm pulling out her last culture report and wondering how long I should wait before calling the clinic.

You get conditioned to worry about missing something. I worry about odd things....took the kids to a carnival at the elementary school this week and Alyssa went into the bounce house and I was convinced she was going to knock her feeding tube out. Worry is my middle name these days.

M

Mommafirst

The extra worry of having the CF kid is annoying and does catch me off guard as well. Older son coughs and I think, oh bummer, he's getting sick. Alyssa coughs and I cringe. And suddenly I'm pulling out her last culture report and wondering how long I should wait before calling the clinic.

You get conditioned to worry about missing something. I worry about odd things....took the kids to a carnival at the elementary school this week and Alyssa went into the bounce house and I was convinced she was going to knock her feeding tube out. Worry is my middle name these days.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />You get conditioned to worry about missing something. I worry about odd things....took the kids to a carnival at the elementary school this week and Alyssa went into the bounce house and I was convinced she was going to knock her feeding tube out. Worry is my middle name these days.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Ditto, sometimes ds does the same thing. Just sits quietly in the back seat and doesn't say anything, so I worry. Once he fell asleep on the way to preschool and I worried all day long.

I guess part of it is always waiting for the other shoe to drop, worrying about being too complacent and then if something is just a little different...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Ditto, sometimes ds does the same thing. Just sits quietly in the back seat and doesn't say anything, so I worry. Once he fell asleep on the way to preschool and I worried all day long.

I guess part of it is always waiting for the other shoe to drop, worrying about being too complacent and then if something is just a little different...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I guess part of it is always waiting for the other shoe to drop, worrying about being too complacent and then if something is just a little different...