Worry; does it sometimes take you by surprise?

izemmom

Me too!

I saw a lot of myself in the above posts. I do feel that I balance my worry pretty well with "living" a real life and doing what we're going to do with or without CF. But, then there are the nagging little things that build up and take a toll on me.

I was talkng with another CF mom (who's kids are grown) at a Great Strides walk this weekend. Emily coughed in the background, and I guess my head must have done the raid swivel around to see where she was or something, because the other mom commented "I have my kids cough on radar, too..." And I didn't even realize that I had looked in Emily's direction. LOL (Then, looking back on it I worried all afternoon because I realized that MY kid was the only one there coughing....)

And Heather, your bounce house story made me laugh...I spent the better part of a recent trip to the water park watching Emily attack the water slides like a mad-woman...praying the whole time that she wouldn't rip her tube out. I usually pack an extra kit when we are away from home, but of course I hadn't packed one this time!

Then there are the bigger ones. Emily has her first sinus CT scan coming up on the 15th of this month. Most likely we'll be doing sinus surgery at the begining of June. I know that this is routine and she'll be fine and all that. It's also a few weeks away so I shouldn't even be concerned with it yet. But I've been crabby and prone to tears and irritable lately, and I really think that its THIS stuff, lingering at the back of my mind that's getting to me.

So yeah. YOu're not alone. The worry creeps in. Even when we do our best to not let it!

izemmom

Me too!

I saw a lot of myself in the above posts. I do feel that I balance my worry pretty well with "living" a real life and doing what we're going to do with or without CF. But, then there are the nagging little things that build up and take a toll on me.

I was talkng with another CF mom (who's kids are grown) at a Great Strides walk this weekend. Emily coughed in the background, and I guess my head must have done the raid swivel around to see where she was or something, because the other mom commented "I have my kids cough on radar, too..." And I didn't even realize that I had looked in Emily's direction. LOL (Then, looking back on it I worried all afternoon because I realized that MY kid was the only one there coughing....)

And Heather, your bounce house story made me laugh...I spent the better part of a recent trip to the water park watching Emily attack the water slides like a mad-woman...praying the whole time that she wouldn't rip her tube out. I usually pack an extra kit when we are away from home, but of course I hadn't packed one this time!

Then there are the bigger ones. Emily has her first sinus CT scan coming up on the 15th of this month. Most likely we'll be doing sinus surgery at the begining of June. I know that this is routine and she'll be fine and all that. It's also a few weeks away so I shouldn't even be concerned with it yet. But I've been crabby and prone to tears and irritable lately, and I really think that its THIS stuff, lingering at the back of my mind that's getting to me.

So yeah. YOu're not alone. The worry creeps in. Even when we do our best to not let it!

izemmom

Me too!

izemmom

Me too!

izemmom

Me too!
<br />
<br />I saw a lot of myself in the above posts. I do feel that I balance my worry pretty well with "living" a real life and doing what we're going to do with or without CF. But, then there are the nagging little things that build up and take a toll on me.
<br />
<br />I was talkng with another CF mom (who's kids are grown) at a Great Strides walk this weekend. Emily coughed in the background, and I guess my head must have done the raid swivel around to see where she was or something, because the other mom commented "I have my kids cough on radar, too..." And I didn't even realize that I had looked in Emily's direction. LOL (Then, looking back on it I worried all afternoon because I realized that MY kid was the only one there coughing....)
<br />
<br />And Heather, your bounce house story made me laugh...I spent the better part of a recent trip to the water park watching Emily attack the water slides like a mad-woman...praying the whole time that she wouldn't rip her tube out. I usually pack an extra kit when we are away from home, but of course I hadn't packed one this time!
<br />
<br />Then there are the bigger ones. Emily has her first sinus CT scan coming up on the 15th of this month. Most likely we'll be doing sinus surgery at the begining of June. I know that this is routine and she'll be fine and all that. It's also a few weeks away so I shouldn't even be concerned with it yet. But I've been crabby and prone to tears and irritable lately, and I really think that its THIS stuff, lingering at the back of my mind that's getting to me.
<br />
<br />So yeah. YOu're not alone. The worry creeps in. Even when we do our best to not let it!

Rebjane

Super Moderator
It just got me thinking because I have been pretty tired lately...Between work and kids and family stuff. My husband said to me you just need more sleep than I do; got me thinking that this underlying worry makes me tired..Maybe just noticing it more now that I'm getting older

Rebjane

Super Moderator
It just got me thinking because I have been pretty tired lately...Between work and kids and family stuff. My husband said to me you just need more sleep than I do; got me thinking that this underlying worry makes me tired..Maybe just noticing it more now that I'm getting older

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

izemmom

I agree with you. I've been unusually tired lately, too. Granted, it's the middle of fundraising season (I always have a bunch of events piggybacking on each other) and a hectic time at school, and now with my daughter's activities. But, I just can't beat this fatigue no matter what I do.

That's what I was trying to get at when I mentioned the nagging worry about the sinus stuff. I DO think there is a physical side-effect of being the one who shoulders most of the worry about our CF kids. It's true!

Maybe it's time for a CF momma cruise to the Bahamas so we can lock ourselves up in our rooms and sleep!

izemmom

I agree with you. I've been unusually tired lately, too. Granted, it's the middle of fundraising season (I always have a bunch of events piggybacking on each other) and a hectic time at school, and now with my daughter's activities. But, I just can't beat this fatigue no matter what I do.

That's what I was trying to get at when I mentioned the nagging worry about the sinus stuff. I DO think there is a physical side-effect of being the one who shoulders most of the worry about our CF kids. It's true!

Maybe it's time for a CF momma cruise to the Bahamas so we can lock ourselves up in our rooms and sleep!

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

<br />
<br />That's what I was trying to get at when I mentioned the nagging worry about the sinus stuff. I DO think there is a physical side-effect of being the one who shoulders most of the worry about our CF kids. It's true!
<br />
<br />Maybe it's time for a CF momma cruise to the Bahamas so we can lock ourselves up in our rooms and sleep!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Tropical cruise sounds like a great idea! The evening before our rummage sale, after spending 5 hours setting up, the other Moms and I headed out for supper and drinks. Was nice to just compare notes in person, relax and know we aren't alone.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Tropical cruise sounds like a great idea! The evening before our rummage sale, after spending 5 hours setting up, the other Moms and I headed out for supper and drinks. Was nice to just compare notes in person, relax and know we aren't alone.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member