Xopenex...

jleigh

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you use nebulized xopenex?? If so, do you like it and is it less "jittery" than albuterol?? Both my son and I are going to start it today.

Thanks!!

Jen 36 w/cf
Mom to 4, one w/cf (just diagnosed, age 12)

NoExcuses

I've used both - I dont' get jitters with either. But it didn't work as well as albuterol in helping me breath better....

But what I hear is that it makes a bit difference with the jitters.

anonymous

I use xopenex and it still makes me pretty jittery; maybe a little less than albuterol but I still shake for a couple of hours.
Mel

anonymous

I tried xopenex, and like Amy, I went back to albuterol as I thought it did not work as well for me. I an not ruling out that it could have been psychological, but anyway, I just went back to albuterol.

bgchastain

I used Xopenex for about 5 years and loved it. It didn't make me as jittery as Albuterol. The only reason I stoped using it was because my insurance only started covering albuterol (I'm assuming because it's cheaper). I couldn't really tell a difference between the two, besides the jitter thing.

anonymous

I have used Albuterol and now have been using Xopenax. I find the jitters just a little with both, maybe even a little more with the Xopenax. But it does not last long at all. I think it depends on the individual. My clinic thought Xopenax was better the Albuterol so that is why I switched but now I have to switch back because it is not a formulary drug and will cost and arm and a leg through my insurance.

Jennifer 34 years old with Cf and Cfrd

nobody

I find Xopenex causes jitters - only deeper down (if you will). With albuterol I shake visibally, but with Xop I feel it more inwardly.

ladybug

I used to do xopenex... for about 2 years. It caused no jitters whatsoever for me. I do think albuterol work better in my case though, so I put up with the shakes to feel better.

Good Luck!