xylitol

Mantaray

Hi all,Do any of you use xylitol regularly ? I wash my daughter's nose with it everyday, and since I started, she has not been ill ! I was wondering about Aspergillus. If xylitol can wash out bacteria, it does not do the same with fungi. Can it help fungi growth ?Thanks for your help !

anonymous

I don't know about the fungal thing but have been considering using xylitol for washing my ds's sinuses, too. (he's 6). This is the recipe I was given - mix 1 tsp xylitol, 2 tsps canning salt, 1 tsp baking soda with 1 quart warm distilled water. Use 1/2 in the am, 1/2 in the pm for irrigation. Is that the recipe you use? We're currently doing the above only without the xylitol but I have been considering adding it. What's your experience? Does it seem to work well? Thanks!

Mantaray

I put one tsp xylitol in a glass of distilled water. I've been washing my daughter's nose twice a day for 6 months now, and she has not been ill once ! Each time I forget to do it in the morning or the evening, her nose is stuffed up. But I wonder if fungi can use this sugar and can't find anything about that.

anonymous

I have never heard of Xylitol- is this something you can buy over the counter? From your posts I am assuming this helps in clearing sinuses.

Mantaray

Yes you can buy xylitol easily, if you live in the USA. I live in France and I had some trouble to find some, but I managed to buy some on the web. This product is worth a try.