Yellow?

NanaKay

How common is for CF babies to be yellow all the time? My granddaughter is nearly 3 months old now and she is very yellow most of the time. She had blood work today, but no results yet. She was in the hospital and on TPN for several weeks and now, thank God, she is home!!! Anyone experience the yellow?

NanaKay

How common is for CF babies to be yellow all the time? My granddaughter is nearly 3 months old now and she is very yellow most of the time. She had blood work today, but no results yet. She was in the hospital and on TPN for several weeks and now, thank God, she is home!!! Anyone experience the yellow?

NanaKay

NanaKay

NanaKay

jaimers

Super Moderator
doesn't jaundice make you yellow? it seems like the docs would have caught that so maybe that's not it but thats the only thing that came to my mind....i've never heard of CFers being yellow....

jaimers

Super Moderator
doesn't jaundice make you yellow? it seems like the docs would have caught that so maybe that's not it but thats the only thing that came to my mind....i've never heard of CFers being yellow....

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

just1more

Yellow is jaundice, which is a sign the liver is not functioning properly.

it is not specific to CF necessarily, however, if she was on TPN it is very common. TPN can damange the liver, and while it often resolves, in the interim it can/would cause jaundice.

If they ran labs they are probably checking liver function (?) and if so there are meds that can be used to help out. The other thing that helps is natural sunlight. Not sure where you are located but exposing her skin to the sun will help as well with the symptoms (not the liver itself).

just1more

it is not specific to CF necessarily, however, if she was on TPN it is very common. TPN can damange the liver, and while it often resolves, in the interim it can/would cause jaundice.

If they ran labs they are probably checking liver function (?) and if so there are meds that can be used to help out. The other thing that helps is natural sunlight. Not sure where you are located but exposing her skin to the sun will help as well with the symptoms (not the liver itself).

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />it is not specific to CF necessarily, however, if she was on TPN it is very common. TPN can damange the liver, and while it often resolves, in the interim it can/would cause jaundice.
<br />
<br />If they ran labs they are probably checking liver function (?) and if so there are meds that can be used to help out. The other thing that helps is natural sunlight. Not sure where you are located but exposing her skin to the sun will help as well with the symptoms (not the liver itself).

NanaKay

I layed my kids in the sunlight through a window when they had jaundice at birth, but I didn't know if it would help in this case. I will let my daughter know. And yes, I think she is experiencing liver problems. I don't think she is on any liver medications right now. They're suppose to call when they get the lab work back. She's in Oklahoma City. Thanks for you info!

NanaKay

I layed my kids in the sunlight through a window when they had jaundice at birth, but I didn't know if it would help in this case. I will let my daughter know. And yes, I think she is experiencing liver problems. I don't think she is on any liver medications right now. They're suppose to call when they get the lab work back. She's in Oklahoma City. Thanks for you info!

NanaKay

NanaKay

NanaKay