Your Story

jackieeesaysxD

well, for starts, i'm jackie, & i'm 17.

I have a really mild case of CF so I actually went 10 years without knowing I even had the disease (my doctor just thought I had a severe case of asthma). I was wicked sick throughout my entire life; many ear infections, doctors visits & I had a huge problem with gaining weight & catching colds too easily.

Right before my 10th birtday, my family & I went on a vacation to Florida and it was hell. I was 46 pounds, constantly eating & drinking, wetting the bed, & showing serious signs of diabetes. Sure enough, when my mother took me to the doctors after we had gotten back, he checked my bloodsugar (which was over 600), gave me 2 diet cokes, and sent us to childrens hospital in Boston. MA. The doctors couldn't figure out what was going on since I had neither type 1 or 2 diabetes. After looking at past medical records & doing a sweat test, it was confirmed I had CF. My stay there was only 3 weeks long, & i've been in the hospital a few times since for regular cleanouts, but at 17, I brag to my mom about how my PFT numbers are probably better than hers :)

jackieeesaysxD

I have a really mild case of CF so I actually went 10 years without knowing I even had the disease (my doctor just thought I had a severe case of asthma). I was wicked sick throughout my entire life; many ear infections, doctors visits & I had a huge problem with gaining weight & catching colds too easily.

Right before my 10th birtday, my family & I went on a vacation to Florida and it was hell. I was 46 pounds, constantly eating & drinking, wetting the bed, & showing serious signs of diabetes. Sure enough, when my mother took me to the doctors after we had gotten back, he checked my bloodsugar (which was over 600), gave me 2 diet cokes, and sent us to childrens hospital in Boston. MA. The doctors couldn't figure out what was going on since I had neither type 1 or 2 diabetes. After looking at past medical records & doing a sweat test, it was confirmed I had CF. My stay there was only 3 weeks long, & i've been in the hospital a few times since for regular cleanouts, but at 17, I brag to my mom about how my PFT numbers are probably better than hers :)

jackieeesaysxD

jackieeesaysxD

jackieeesaysxD

<br />
<br />I have a really mild case of CF so I actually went 10 years without knowing I even had the disease (my doctor just thought I had a severe case of asthma). I was wicked sick throughout my entire life; many ear infections, doctors visits & I had a huge problem with gaining weight & catching colds too easily.
<br />
<br />Right before my 10th birtday, my family & I went on a vacation to Florida and it was hell. I was 46 pounds, constantly eating & drinking, wetting the bed, & showing serious signs of diabetes. Sure enough, when my mother took me to the doctors after we had gotten back, he checked my bloodsugar (which was over 600), gave me 2 diet cokes, and sent us to childrens hospital in Boston. MA. The doctors couldn't figure out what was going on since I had neither type 1 or 2 diabetes. After looking at past medical records & doing a sweat test, it was confirmed I had CF. My stay there was only 3 weeks long, & i've been in the hospital a few times since for regular cleanouts, but at 17, I brag to my mom about how my PFT numbers are probably better than hers :)

jackieeesaysxD

jackieeesaysxD

jackieeesaysxD

jackieeesaysxD

jackieeesaysxD

<br />
<br />I have a really mild case of CF so I actually went 10 years without knowing I even had the disease (my doctor just thought I had a severe case of asthma). I was wicked sick throughout my entire life; many ear infections, doctors visits & I had a huge problem with gaining weight & catching colds too easily.
<br />
<br />Right before my 10th birtday, my family & I went on a vacation to Florida and it was hell. I was 46 pounds, constantly eating & drinking, wetting the bed, & showing serious signs of diabetes. Sure enough, when my mother took me to the doctors after we had gotten back, he checked my bloodsugar (which was over 600), gave me 2 diet cokes, and sent us to childrens hospital in Boston. MA. The doctors couldn't figure out what was going on since I had neither type 1 or 2 diabetes. After looking at past medical records & doing a sweat test, it was confirmed I had CF. My stay there was only 3 weeks long, & i've been in the hospital a few times since for regular cleanouts, but at 17, I brag to my mom about how my PFT numbers are probably better than hers :)

Well, Im Stephanie and I'm 13 and living with Cf for all my life.

How I was diagnosed...well I was a few weeks old or a month but I'm not sure how. All I know is that when I was born I wasn't going to the bathroom then they inspected me and they found out I had CF. Ever since that I've been living with CF. What's your story?

How I was diagnosed...well I was a few weeks old or a month but I'm not sure how. All I know is that when I was born I wasn't going to the bathroom then they inspected me and they found out I had CF. Ever since that I've been living with CF. What's your story?

<br />
<br />How I was diagnosed...well I was a few weeks old or a month but I'm not sure how. All I know is that when I was born I wasn't going to the bathroom then they inspected me and they found out I had CF. Ever since that I've been living with CF. What's your story?