Zantac & spitting up

SJCmoon

I have a 5 month old son who has been on zantac for about 6 weeks. He was put on it to increase enzyme efficiency, NOT due to reflux. At first there was no trouble. Unfortunately, now he seems to be spitting up more often and even hours after he has last eaten.
His appetite is increasing, and he's eating a bit more. His dietician is aware of all increases and changes. But has made no adjustments.
Has anyone else had this problem with zantac? Are there any "hints" how to help?
DS is getting 0.9 twice a day, morning and evening. I usually give it to him about 5 mins. before eating.

TIA

SJCmoon

I have a 5 month old son who has been on zantac for about 6 weeks. He was put on it to increase enzyme efficiency, NOT due to reflux. At first there was no trouble. Unfortunately, now he seems to be spitting up more often and even hours after he has last eaten.
His appetite is increasing, and he's eating a bit more. His dietician is aware of all increases and changes. But has made no adjustments.
Has anyone else had this problem with zantac? Are there any "hints" how to help?
DS is getting 0.9 twice a day, morning and evening. I usually give it to him about 5 mins. before eating.

TIA

SJCmoon

TIA

SJCmoon

TIA

SJCmoon

<br />His appetite is increasing, and he's eating a bit more. His dietician is aware of all increases and changes. But has made no adjustments.
<br />Has anyone else had this problem with zantac? Are there any "hints" how to help?
<br />DS is getting 0.9 twice a day, morning and evening. I usually give it to him about 5 mins. before eating.
<br />
<br />TIA

Solo

Hello Tia, I have been taking Zantac as long as I can remember, even before that, I think I was on Slobid. But if you haven't been reading these posts, I try to steer clear of anything that the benefits the government. If the government wants me to take it, that usually = its bad for me. I have substituted Zantac with this <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.herbsmd.com/detail/indigestion-6262.htm">http://www.herbsmd.com/detail/indigestion-6262.htm</a> and it works just as good or better! It is natural, and it stimulates your body to deal with the acidity problem; instead of introducing a foreign substance to your body. I don't know if it will help with enzyme deficiency though.

Solo

Hello Tia, I have been taking Zantac as long as I can remember, even before that, I think I was on Slobid. But if you haven't been reading these posts, I try to steer clear of anything that the benefits the government. If the government wants me to take it, that usually = its bad for me. I have substituted Zantac with this <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.herbsmd.com/detail/indigestion-6262.htm">http://www.herbsmd.com/detail/indigestion-6262.htm</a> and it works just as good or better! It is natural, and it stimulates your body to deal with the acidity problem; instead of introducing a foreign substance to your body. I don't know if it will help with enzyme deficiency though.

Solo

Solo

Solo

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS was on zantac when he was a baby -- they thought he might have reflux 'cuz he spit up, but we were also told that it would help to reduce the acidity in his stomach to make the enzymes more efficient. He still spit up and the enzyme beads he spit up a couple hours later, where still intact.

There's also something called silent reflux. My cousin's son had it -- wasn't a spitter, but would issues with pain...

I know some individuals on this site have indicated that their child did better on previcid.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS was on zantac when he was a baby -- they thought he might have reflux 'cuz he spit up, but we were also told that it would help to reduce the acidity in his stomach to make the enzymes more efficient. He still spit up and the enzyme beads he spit up a couple hours later, where still intact.

There's also something called silent reflux. My cousin's son had it -- wasn't a spitter, but would issues with pain...

I know some individuals on this site have indicated that their child did better on previcid.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />There's also something called silent reflux. My cousin's son had it -- wasn't a spitter, but would issues with pain...
<br />
<br />I know some individuals on this site have indicated that their child did better on previcid.

TobysMom

My son HATES zantac!! If I try to administer it without "hiding" it in baby applesauce, he'll just spit it out. SOLO: do you think they make that herb in a liquid form for babies? I have an appointment on Friday, so I may ask them what they suggest. DS still vomits 2-3x per week, even while on Zantac.

TobysMom

My son HATES zantac!! If I try to administer it without "hiding" it in baby applesauce, he'll just spit it out. SOLO: do you think they make that herb in a liquid form for babies? I have an appointment on Friday, so I may ask them what they suggest. DS still vomits 2-3x per week, even while on Zantac.

TobysMom

TobysMom

TobysMom