Zosyn

MMBinNC

I was wondering what people's experiences with this drug were. My recent IV course with Timentin doesn't seem to be too effective, but my doctor said that Zosyn, Ceftazadime, and imipenem can all treat my bacteria (Pseudomonas Alcaligenes) but I'm allergic to Ceftazadime. She said people who use Zosyn often get fever and rash and imipenem you get nausea. Obviously not everyone gets the side effects, but I was wondering what your experiences were.

MMBinNC

I was wondering what people's experiences with this drug were. My recent IV course with Timentin doesn't seem to be too effective, but my doctor said that Zosyn, Ceftazadime, and imipenem can all treat my bacteria (Pseudomonas Alcaligenes) but I'm allergic to Ceftazadime. She said people who use Zosyn often get fever and rash and imipenem you get nausea. Obviously not everyone gets the side effects, but I was wondering what your experiences were.

MMBinNC

MMBinNC

MMBinNC

JazzysMom

I have never used Ceft, but often use Merem & Zosyn.

Merem made me EXTREMELY naucious last time & had to take anti naucioness meds beforehand. Ended up stopping it because when I got home it was unbearable.

Zosyn works great on my PA, but is really really rough on my liver. My liver enzymes go crazy & depending on how bad they get depends on if we can keep me on the Zosyn!

JazzysMom

Merem made me EXTREMELY naucious last time & had to take anti naucioness meds beforehand. Ended up stopping it because when I got home it was unbearable.

Zosyn works great on my PA, but is really really rough on my liver. My liver enzymes go crazy & depending on how bad they get depends on if we can keep me on the Zosyn!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Merem made me EXTREMELY naucious last time & had to take anti naucioness meds beforehand. Ended up stopping it because when I got home it was unbearable.
<br />
<br />Zosyn works great on my PA, but is really really rough on my liver. My liver enzymes go crazy & depending on how bad they get depends on if we can keep me on the Zosyn!

tesorotiffa

Zosyn isn't an i.v. that I am regularly put on simply due to it's having to be taken every 4 or 6 hours. Usually my doc sticks with the every 8 hour drugs. However, the last time I was on it was about a year ago, and I did not have any reactions to it or side effects.

tesorotiffa

Zosyn isn't an i.v. that I am regularly put on simply due to it's having to be taken every 4 or 6 hours. Usually my doc sticks with the every 8 hour drugs. However, the last time I was on it was about a year ago, and I did not have any reactions to it or side effects.

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

Jana

I take it often and haven't had any trouble with it, although it may be that it makes me run a slight fever. I often do while on antibiotics.

The very first time I took it, I had a lot of issues which may or may not have been related to the drug. As a result, my doctor always has me take it every 8 hours even though that is not the common dose. It still works for me.

Jana

I take it often and haven't had any trouble with it, although it may be that it makes me run a slight fever. I often do while on antibiotics.

The very first time I took it, I had a lot of issues which may or may not have been related to the drug. As a result, my doctor always has me take it every 8 hours even though that is not the common dose. It still works for me.

Jana

Jana

Jana

<br />
<br />The very first time I took it, I had a lot of issues which may or may not have been related to the drug. As a result, my doctor always has me take it every 8 hours even though that is not the common dose. It still works for me.