about to get 1st tx

nanni1997

hi everyone
i am the oldest sister of a beautiful 10year old little girl who was diagnosed at birth ( i also have a 16 year old brother with cf diagnosed @ 4 months)
She is like my daughter and as we speak is sitting on a hospital bed waiting her test results that decide if we go to texas and try for a transplant. i have started looking into the things i can ( hospital info, surrouding area info, fundraising options, etc. ) i am just wondering how best to help lexie face what she is about to go thruogh. I know she knows there is something in the works, but we want to have the results of the test before we give her too much infomation... i don't want ot scare her, but this is scary. I want to have information for the questions she will be asking.

any advice given would be greatly appreciated.

nanni1997

hi everyone
i am the oldest sister of a beautiful 10year old little girl who was diagnosed at birth ( i also have a 16 year old brother with cf diagnosed @ 4 months)
She is like my daughter and as we speak is sitting on a hospital bed waiting her test results that decide if we go to texas and try for a transplant. i have started looking into the things i can ( hospital info, surrouding area info, fundraising options, etc. ) i am just wondering how best to help lexie face what she is about to go thruogh. I know she knows there is something in the works, but we want to have the results of the test before we give her too much infomation... i don't want ot scare her, but this is scary. I want to have information for the questions she will be asking.

nanni1997

hi everyone

nanni1997

hi everyone

nanni1997

hi everyone

I

IG

Interesting, what hospitals in Texas are you considering. I've been to a few in Texas so depending where it's at I might be able to give you more information on that part. As for fundraising I can't help you there, sorry. As for questions.. just the thought of going through this is terrifying.. but there's a lot of ground to cover in regards to questions. If she does qualify for transplant then you'll go in for a workup and evaluation where they'll cover a lot of the questions that you can think of and some you can't. Wish I could be of more help but I didn't really have any specific transplant questions myself until I got into the workup and evaluation stage where I was with the doctors.. so I'm not sure what would come up in regards to questions in your situation.

I

IG

Interesting, what hospitals in Texas are you considering. I've been to a few in Texas so depending where it's at I might be able to give you more information on that part. As for fundraising I can't help you there, sorry. As for questions.. just the thought of going through this is terrifying.. but there's a lot of ground to cover in regards to questions. If she does qualify for transplant then you'll go in for a workup and evaluation where they'll cover a lot of the questions that you can think of and some you can't. Wish I could be of more help but I didn't really have any specific transplant questions myself until I got into the workup and evaluation stage where I was with the doctors.. so I'm not sure what would come up in regards to questions in your situation.

I

IG

I

IG

I

IG

Skye

Look at some of these sites:
www.cota.org
www.transplants.org
www.transplantfund.org
www.medicalfundraising.org
www.2ndwind.org
Hope some of these help. Best of luck to you and your family!

Karen

Skye

www.cota.org
www.transplants.org
www.transplantfund.org
www.2ndwind.org

Karen

Skye

www.cota.org
www.transplants.org
www.transplantfund.org
www.2ndwind.org

Karen

Skye

www.cota.org
www.transplants.org
www.transplantfund.org
www.2ndwind.org

Karen

Skye

www.cota.org
www.transplants.org
www.transplantfund.org
www.2ndwind.org

Karen