How long does your child do the vest?

scrapper1264

My 8 yo son was prescribed 2x/day for 20 mins three years ago when he was diagnosed. He has had a cold so he gets the vest 3x/day, but Sat. was busy so the afternoon treatment was missed. I decided to increase his night vest to 30 mins. instead of the normal 20 mins to make up for it. That made me wonder if I should increase his vest to 30 mins. during the cold/flu season just to be proactive.

Thanks!

scrapper1264

My 8 yo son was prescribed 2x/day for 20 mins three years ago when he was diagnosed. He has had a cold so he gets the vest 3x/day, but Sat. was busy so the afternoon treatment was missed. I decided to increase his night vest to 30 mins. instead of the normal 20 mins to make up for it. That made me wonder if I should increase his vest to 30 mins. during the cold/flu season just to be proactive.

Thanks!

scrapper1264

<br />
<br />Thanks!

hmw

Emily does her vest twice a day for 30min when she is healthy. We increase to 3x/day when mildly ill/congested and 4x/day when very sick.

hmw

Emily does her vest twice a day for 30min when she is healthy. We increase to 3x/day when mildly ill/congested and 4x/day when very sick.

hmw

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We started with 20 minutes twice a day -- after school and before bed. With CPT for the early morning treatment. Nowdays it's 30 minutes 3 times a day.

We increased to 30 minutes. For the before bed treatment, his pulmozyme is still running -- albuterol atrovent nebs take about 15 minutes and then we'd do pulmozyme. Figured he was sitting there anyway. Most cartoons are 30 minutes long or he'd continue to play video games, which he only does when vesting, so we increased the time.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We started with 20 minutes twice a day -- after school and before bed. With CPT for the early morning treatment. Nowdays it's 30 minutes 3 times a day.

We increased to 30 minutes. For the before bed treatment, his pulmozyme is still running -- albuterol atrovent nebs take about 15 minutes and then we'd do pulmozyme. Figured he was sitting there anyway. Most cartoons are 30 minutes long or he'd continue to play video games, which he only does when vesting, so we increased the time.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />We increased to 30 minutes. For the before bed treatment, his pulmozyme is still running -- albuterol atrovent nebs take about 15 minutes and then we'd do pulmozyme. Figured he was sitting there anyway. Most cartoons are 30 minutes long or he'd continue to play video games, which he only does when vesting, so we increased the time.

dlo2977

My daughter is 4 and doesn't have any pulmonary symptoms yet so we were told to do the Vest for a total of 30 minutes a day. I have her do it all at once since it is easier to just get it done while she is watching a special show. If she has a cold we do 20 minutes 2-3 times a day depending on how bad the cold is.

dlo2977

My daughter is 4 and doesn't have any pulmonary symptoms yet so we were told to do the Vest for a total of 30 minutes a day. I have her do it all at once since it is easier to just get it done while she is watching a special show. If she has a cold we do 20 minutes 2-3 times a day depending on how bad the cold is.

dlo2977

crickit715

we do 30min 2x a day when well...we just recently increased the pressure from 60% to 90 or 100% depending on what she is comfortable with that day.

crickit715

we do 30min 2x a day when well...we just recently increased the pressure from 60% to 90 or 100% depending on what she is comfortable with that day.

crickit715

theLostMiler

Told to increase from 20 minutes 2x a day to 30-45 minutes, the 45 when sick (umm yea right, sorry, i already spend a lot on time on treatments i need a break even when sick). I do 3 or 4 x a day when sick, though im not as consistant, depends on time...

Also told you should focus on lower pressures because you cant take as deep of breathes with it super high pressure but focus on hertz/frequency.

theLostMiler

Told to increase from 20 minutes 2x a day to 30-45 minutes, the 45 when sick (umm yea right, sorry, i already spend a lot on time on treatments i need a break even when sick). I do 3 or 4 x a day when sick, though im not as consistant, depends on time...

Also told you should focus on lower pressures because you cant take as deep of breathes with it super high pressure but focus on hertz/frequency.

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />Also told you should focus on lower pressures because you cant take as deep of breathes with it super high pressure but focus on hertz/frequency.

hmw

We have Emily use the Minnesota protocol (developed by Dr. Warwick) where you use higher pressures with lower frequencies/hz, and then gradually decrease the pressure as the frequency goes up. This helps target both the small and large airways in a way that was shown most effective in his studies.

hmw

We have Emily use the Minnesota protocol (developed by Dr. Warwick) where you use higher pressures with lower frequencies/hz, and then gradually decrease the pressure as the frequency goes up. This helps target both the small and large airways in a way that was shown most effective in his studies.