LDS or Morman Question

MandyPandyWandy

The LDS church does not believe that you will go to hell if you do not convert. We believe a lot more complex than that. Blackchameleon, I invite you to talk with missionaries because they can answer any questions a lot more throughly than any of us here can, especially talking with them in person.
I would draw out diagrams and be a lot more precise in showing you some of our beliefs and what we believe happens to man after death, but I do not have the tools to do that and explain over the internet. It would do no harm to talk to missionaries personally. Call 1-800-645-4949 and you can find out how to just talk with them, I promise you, you can tell them to leave at any point if you are uninterested in hearing anymore.
Mandy

MandyPandyWandy

The LDS church does not believe that you will go to hell if you do not convert. We believe a lot more complex than that. Blackchameleon, I invite you to talk with missionaries because they can answer any questions a lot more throughly than any of us here can, especially talking with them in person.
I would draw out diagrams and be a lot more precise in showing you some of our beliefs and what we believe happens to man after death, but I do not have the tools to do that and explain over the internet. It would do no harm to talk to missionaries personally. Call 1-800-645-4949 and you can find out how to just talk with them, I promise you, you can tell them to leave at any point if you are uninterested in hearing anymore.
Mandy

MandyPandyWandy

Mandy

blackchameleon

No man or woman "knows" what happens after we die. people who think they "know" are decieved. that is why a persons beliefs are called "faith". something does not have to be true for a person to believe in it. for me it all comes back to genuine compassion and caring for a fellow human, regardless. i also believe most Christians spend most of their time in self pursuit and gaining material possesions, in spite of what Jesus says in the scriptures Christians accept as Gods word. it all comes down to the heart and if i look at my actions i can soon see the type of person i am, as we all need to do periodically. i also believe many many young children are brainwashed into following their parents beliefs, particularly if they belong to a cult type religion., eg born again Christianity, due to relentless indoctrination and fear based teachings, ie eternal hell as punishment. i hope people share their views on here and why they believe in their faith. cheers from down under, Blacky...wink

blackchameleon

No man or woman "knows" what happens after we die. people who think they "know" are decieved. that is why a persons beliefs are called "faith". something does not have to be true for a person to believe in it. for me it all comes back to genuine compassion and caring for a fellow human, regardless. i also believe most Christians spend most of their time in self pursuit and gaining material possesions, in spite of what Jesus says in the scriptures Christians accept as Gods word. it all comes down to the heart and if i look at my actions i can soon see the type of person i am, as we all need to do periodically. i also believe many many young children are brainwashed into following their parents beliefs, particularly if they belong to a cult type religion., eg born again Christianity, due to relentless indoctrination and fear based teachings, ie eternal hell as punishment. i hope people share their views on here and why they believe in their faith. cheers from down under, Blacky...wink

blackchameleon

clinging2faith

CHURCH OF LATTER DAY SAINTS = THE MORMONS

Although it is difficult for me to say it, because i have met Mormons and mostly they are very nice people who would not break a finger or hurt anybody, however the Mormonism teachings are not Christian.

With all due respect, seeing that your brother married a Mormon, nothing I say here is to do other than to answer your questions.

Of course they celebrate birthdays and Christmas. However their view is very different from what Christ left as HIS teachings for his ROCK of a Church.

The Mormons believe that 2 centuries ago Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, woke up to an enlightenment of believes that made him write an entire book (The Book of Mormon) a separate and NEW book of entries that the Mormons use to study and lecture all people. They do not go by the Bible they go by The Book of Mormon.

Now if you are a Christian you probably have heard that Jesus himself said that in the latter days, there would be a spring up of false religions and prophets, and that many would love money etc. The Mormon "Joseph" wrote his teachings just two hundred years ago and said that "nothing remained of Jesus church" so he had to establish HIS OWN LDS CHURCH.
(does this go according to what Jesus said about false prophets rising in the latter days? yes. furthermore the Mormonism cult does not obey Christ's doctrine and teachings but what they consider to be theri prophet Joseph Smith's own doctrine.

thus it makes it completely invalid as a anything Christian to start with because it is not based at all on Christ's teachings, but its the works of what Christ warned Christians about. False prophets in the latter days. There are no more works to be done to add to The Bible. It is finished. No new people in this day can say he or she is a prophet and I'd be cautious to read more into somethng that is based on lies mixed up with bits of truth.

Furthermore you can go online and google it up, there are sites that will give you the comparison between LDS church and Jehova's Witnesses. Those are basically compared together.

In the Mormon church there is a hierarchy also that tends to show "money" first. (In fact ROMNEY their Church leader and first in line in The Church of LDS is the one running for Presidency).

They also believe that if you are sad on earth you will always be sad in Heaven. They do not belive on many things we Christians believe an know** to be the truth.
However because its like a brainwashing system, you will find many of the nicest people are Mormons and they have absolutely no question abuot their cult. They obey it, they make nice marriages, they are very homey, they foresee into the future by saving, and doing things that are "caution" to survive. They are good people.
No one, or at least I dont refute that of Mormons at all.
The thing is it would be horrible to loose eternal salvation out of ignorance. Ignoring the truth which Jesus , the son of God, came to tell us about.

Mormons behave and do good things, but their Book of Mormon is what they go by, they do not go by the Bible. And if youa r a Christian you know that the Bible is the ONE book written by over 40 prophets in 60 separate scrolls, thorughout time in millenia and which has the ultimate word of God. It was not produced in a day or a yyear, two centuries ago. And it is timeless. Its GOD revealed to us humans in the only way we could possibly understand it. And add to that , God sent his son, JESUS TO BE AMONGST US , LIVE AMONGST US, IN BODY AND SOUL. He died for us and resurrected (so in fact he is the second person that came back from the dead, first was lazarus!). And Jesus set the record straight for us humans to believe in the truth!

And if one cant understand God's word, one seeks help ...there are many wonderful and very knowledgeable gospeal preachers on TBN. They will do the job of explaining to you the word of God. And to your brother's wife. i hope. One can choose to ignore the truth or search for it. The more you search for the truth the more God will trully speak to you. Just beware that satan is also thre to confuse you.

WE LIVE IN A SPIRITUAL WARFARE so you can see that each religion clings to its own and is fighting the others. Only one way is the way to God. ANd Jesus said "IT IS THROUGH I THAT YOU CAN GET TO THE FATHER". No one else. Not Joseph from LDS church or any other. But yes there is one that is trying hard to let many not see God. And that one, is the one making it so hard for humanity that you are seen the results. Wars everywehre. No peace. ANd each one has its own idea of what God wants and is, instead of following HIS WORD.

lOOK IT UP ONLINE... type "comparing Mormonism and Jehova Witnesses" in google you will see all the differences and purposeful mistakes that go way far apart from God's truth.

clinging2faith

Although it is difficult for me to say it, because i have met Mormons and mostly they are very nice people who would not break a finger or hurt anybody, however the Mormonism teachings are not Christian.

With all due respect, seeing that your brother married a Mormon, nothing I say here is to do other than to answer your questions.

Of course they celebrate birthdays and Christmas. However their view is very different from what Christ left as HIS teachings for his ROCK of a Church.

The Mormons believe that 2 centuries ago Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, woke up to an enlightenment of believes that made him write an entire book (The Book of Mormon) a separate and NEW book of entries that the Mormons use to study and lecture all people. They do not go by the Bible they go by The Book of Mormon.

Now if you are a Christian you probably have heard that Jesus himself said that in the latter days, there would be a spring up of false religions and prophets, and that many would love money etc. The Mormon "Joseph" wrote his teachings just two hundred years ago and said that "nothing remained of Jesus church" so he had to establish HIS OWN LDS CHURCH.
(does this go according to what Jesus said about false prophets rising in the latter days? yes. furthermore the Mormonism cult does not obey Christ's doctrine and teachings but what they consider to be theri prophet Joseph Smith's own doctrine.

thus it makes it completely invalid as a anything Christian to start with because it is not based at all on Christ's teachings, but its the works of what Christ warned Christians about. False prophets in the latter days. There are no more works to be done to add to The Bible. It is finished. No new people in this day can say he or she is a prophet and I'd be cautious to read more into somethng that is based on lies mixed up with bits of truth.

Furthermore you can go online and google it up, there are sites that will give you the comparison between LDS church and Jehova's Witnesses. Those are basically compared together.

In the Mormon church there is a hierarchy also that tends to show "money" first. (In fact ROMNEY their Church leader and first in line in The Church of LDS is the one running for Presidency).

They also believe that if you are sad on earth you will always be sad in Heaven. They do not belive on many things we Christians believe an know** to be the truth.
However because its like a brainwashing system, you will find many of the nicest people are Mormons and they have absolutely no question abuot their cult. They obey it, they make nice marriages, they are very homey, they foresee into the future by saving, and doing things that are "caution" to survive. They are good people.
The thing is it would be horrible to loose eternal salvation out of ignorance. Ignoring the truth which Jesus , the son of God, came to tell us about.

Mormons behave and do good things, but their Book of Mormon is what they go by, they do not go by the Bible. And if youa r a Christian you know that the Bible is the ONE book written by over 40 prophets in 60 separate scrolls, thorughout time in millenia and which has the ultimate word of God. It was not produced in a day or a yyear, two centuries ago. And it is timeless. Its GOD revealed to us humans in the only way we could possibly understand it. And add to that , God sent his son, JESUS TO BE AMONGST US , LIVE AMONGST US, IN BODY AND SOUL. He died for us and resurrected (so in fact he is the second person that came back from the dead, first was lazarus!). And Jesus set the record straight for us humans to believe in the truth!

And if one cant understand God's word, one seeks help ...there are many wonderful and very knowledgeable gospeal preachers on TBN. They will do the job of explaining to you the word of God. And to your brother's wife. i hope. One can choose to ignore the truth or search for it. The more you search for the truth the more God will trully speak to you. Just beware that satan is also thre to confuse you.

WE LIVE IN A SPIRITUAL WARFARE so you can see that each religion clings to its own and is fighting the others. Only one way is the way to God. ANd Jesus said "IT IS THROUGH I THAT YOU CAN GET TO THE FATHER". No one else. Not Joseph from LDS church or any other. But yes there is one that is trying hard to let many not see God. And that one, is the one making it so hard for humanity that you are seen the results. Wars everywehre. No peace. ANd each one has its own idea of what God wants and is, instead of following HIS WORD.

lOOK IT UP ONLINE... type "comparing Mormonism and Jehova Witnesses" in google you will see all the differences and purposeful mistakes that go way far apart from God's truth.

clinging2faith

clinging2faith

just to clear soemthing :

I am not at all against people who are Mormons. I have Mormon friends. HOwever I do tend to stick with Christian believes in its most basic form, which is through Jesuschrist's teachings.

I know that many Mormons are attacked and that is not what i tried to explain here. I think deception is not good. And many believes do that, deceive people of the nicest backgruonds and that is wrong. Remember who is the master of deception?

People tend to say well if you dont belive this you go to hell, or it is only my religion. It is not about religion. It is about recognizng Christ as the son of God. It is about studying the word of God to live by it, survive by it, and loving thy neighbor as you love yourself or thy God.

It is about giving love, offering support, protection, loving kindness. Every person should strive to do this. (this why i have been so negative in some of my posts coz i cant understand behavior that is the opposite of this i talk about in here). Jesus taught his disciples "if your coat is stolen, do not weep for it, give your other coat to the thief who needs it most". Jesus taught love, surrendering to no one but God the father up above.

Through centuries of corruption, politics, and "what i say is the truth" humanity has made it so that , actually "the master of deception" has made humanity make a mockery of God's word. Thruogh individualism, division of believes, etc
But the more science inspects The Bible's messages , words, times, etc the more it sees that in fact ITS THE ONE BOOK WHICH HAS ACCURATE PROPHECIES AND MSGS WITH TIMELESS PRECISION AND WITH THE ARMOR FOR WHICH TO PROTECT OUR SOULS WITH. The Bible is the subject of many attacks. Just as Jewish people are, why do you think?
I know.

So my point is, that though we find good people in all countries, races and creeds, that does not mean that all people will get to ... God. Pls remember that in the scriptures there is also "wide is the path that will lead nowhere" I cant remember the exact quote, but it means that most people will be fooled by the master of deception , using humanity as his tool and wars and religion war s etc, so most ppl will be fooled to stray from God's pure and only truth. And the only way to fight this and make sure we stay in tune with God's requests for any to go to HIS SIDE is by wearing
THE ARMOR OF GOD...WHICH i will post next...

with that in mind... if you read what the Armor of God is and pray that God send you the msg for yr eyes to see ... may anybody who may b straying away be gathered back as we are all God's sheep and we can all lead astray but i say this with loving care to those who may be confused about religions.

We are all chldren of God and God is a loving God, HE IS AN AWESOME GOD, I have seen many miracles, asked for and non asked for miracles. I know God exists not by my faith only but by the miracles i have seen in my life, even miracles in my own C.F.

I have no doubt in my mind that even though I am very alone in this time of my life, the one who comes to hug me IS JESUS. And having Jesus with me is all I need mostly too.

that's my msg to anybody who wants to be with Christ. Beware of false teachings but get in the right track by reading and reading centuries proofed material. LIke The Bible. Or watch TBN if you are home a lot. YOu will not regret it if you watched some Christians best gospel at work.

One word of advice: DONT GO BY YOUR FEELINGS , ABOUT GOD OR ANYTHING RELATING TO MAKING RIGHT CHOICES FOR ETERNAL LIFE. OUR FEELINGS FAIL US. Feelings are a physiologial thing that at times impairs us from learning or doing the right things. Dont read something and then if you feel its ok you go all along with what it says.

no offense to anybody who may be Mormon on this site.
peace be with you.

clinging2faith

I am not at all against people who are Mormons. I have Mormon friends. HOwever I do tend to stick with Christian believes in its most basic form, which is through Jesuschrist's teachings.

I know that many Mormons are attacked and that is not what i tried to explain here. I think deception is not good. And many believes do that, deceive people of the nicest backgruonds and that is wrong. Remember who is the master of deception?

People tend to say well if you dont belive this you go to hell, or it is only my religion. It is not about religion. It is about recognizng Christ as the son of God. It is about studying the word of God to live by it, survive by it, and loving thy neighbor as you love yourself or thy God.

It is about giving love, offering support, protection, loving kindness. Every person should strive to do this. (this why i have been so negative in some of my posts coz i cant understand behavior that is the opposite of this i talk about in here). Jesus taught his disciples "if your coat is stolen, do not weep for it, give your other coat to the thief who needs it most". Jesus taught love, surrendering to no one but God the father up above.

Through centuries of corruption, politics, and "what i say is the truth" humanity has made it so that , actually "the master of deception" has made humanity make a mockery of God's word. Thruogh individualism, division of believes, etc
But the more science inspects The Bible's messages , words, times, etc the more it sees that in fact ITS THE ONE BOOK WHICH HAS ACCURATE PROPHECIES AND MSGS WITH TIMELESS PRECISION AND WITH THE ARMOR FOR WHICH TO PROTECT OUR SOULS WITH. The Bible is the subject of many attacks. Just as Jewish people are, why do you think?
I know.

So my point is, that though we find good people in all countries, races and creeds, that does not mean that all people will get to ... God. Pls remember that in the scriptures there is also "wide is the path that will lead nowhere" I cant remember the exact quote, but it means that most people will be fooled by the master of deception , using humanity as his tool and wars and religion war s etc, so most ppl will be fooled to stray from God's pure and only truth. And the only way to fight this and make sure we stay in tune with God's requests for any to go to HIS SIDE is by wearing

with that in mind... if you read what the Armor of God is and pray that God send you the msg for yr eyes to see ... may anybody who may b straying away be gathered back as we are all God's sheep and we can all lead astray but i say this with loving care to those who may be confused about religions.

We are all chldren of God and God is a loving God, HE IS AN AWESOME GOD, I have seen many miracles, asked for and non asked for miracles. I know God exists not by my faith only but by the miracles i have seen in my life, even miracles in my own C.F.

I have no doubt in my mind that even though I am very alone in this time of my life, the one who comes to hug me IS JESUS. And having Jesus with me is all I need mostly too.

that's my msg to anybody who wants to be with Christ. Beware of false teachings but get in the right track by reading and reading centuries proofed material. LIke The Bible. Or watch TBN if you are home a lot. YOu will not regret it if you watched some Christians best gospel at work.

One word of advice: DONT GO BY YOUR FEELINGS , ABOUT GOD OR ANYTHING RELATING TO MAKING RIGHT CHOICES FOR ETERNAL LIFE. OUR FEELINGS FAIL US. Feelings are a physiologial thing that at times impairs us from learning or doing the right things. Dont read something and then if you feel its ok you go all along with what it says.

peace be with you.

clinging2faith

I know.

peace be with you.

clinging2faith

Although some comments as to nobody has come back from the dead, so nobody knows what happens after we die well I would like to mention that in fact SOMEBODY DOES KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AFTER WE DIE. Two people have come back from the dead. One is Jesuschrist, he came back and it is through HIM that we can say we have faith too. Because humans witnessed the miracle of resurrection, that is life after death and what did Jesus preach about the other side? What did Jesus say to the thief crucified next to him? "I tell you today you will be sitting by my side on my father's kingdom" (something close to this quote).

There certainly is another side, and we also exclude the many out of body experiences some patients have had, during medical procedures where theyw ere compeltely out even dead for a few minutes. Though those do not count as evidence of all tha goes on after death, I have no doubt about Jesus.

And Jesus died, and came back from the dead and he spoke to those disciples who still doubted Mary Magdalene's witness to Christ's resurrection. Jesus told his disciple "go ahead and put your hands in my wounds so that you may believe" to the one disciple who had said "I will not believe such thing unless i can place my fingers in his wounds".

Clearly JESUS CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD, so did Lazarus!

And Jesus gave us the way to live and lead our lives, to love God our Father In Heaven, Jesus taught us how to talk to God. Jesus taught us to love and to have faith!
jESUS SAID "IF YOU ONLY HAD FAITH THE SIZE OF A MUSTARD SEED" why? Because we humans do not have enough faith to belive that all things are possible for God. Even illnesses.

And so Im going to close this answer with :

"the men..brought unto him all that were diseased...that they might only touch thehem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole.
Matthew 14:35:36 "

WE HAVE SEEN MIRACLES, WE HAVE SEEN JESUS AND LAZARUS COME BACK FROM THE DEAD, WE HAVE SEEN THE IMPOSSIBLE BE POSSIBLE THROUGH JESUS
and i have in my humble way, seen many miracles that extended my lifespan to a lot longer than iw as suppose to live.

I say my faith comes from having known , in my lifetime, the life and works of the Son of Man, God's son, Jesuschrist.
I did not have to be thre to be a true witness, I believe without a doubt. Even when it happened 2000+yrs ago. There were witnesses and there were Jesus disciples and that is enough for me to know (along my miracles) that JESUS EXISTS AND FAITH THOUGH YES IT IS A GIFT FROM THE HOLLY SPIRIT
IF ONE GETS INFORMED WELL ONE FINDS CHRIST IN THIS LIFETIME.

For no one else will be there for us eternally but Christ. Humans fail. But Christ does not.

So I have not died and come back to tell what i saw, but someone very important died for me and came back to tell me and the entire world!

And we must be careful to progress his word into all the corners of this world. So that peace will come upon us all.
Amen.

clinging2faith

Although some comments as to nobody has come back from the dead, so nobody knows what happens after we die well I would like to mention that in fact SOMEBODY DOES KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AFTER WE DIE. Two people have come back from the dead. One is Jesuschrist, he came back and it is through HIM that we can say we have faith too. Because humans witnessed the miracle of resurrection, that is life after death and what did Jesus preach about the other side? What did Jesus say to the thief crucified next to him? "I tell you today you will be sitting by my side on my father's kingdom" (something close to this quote).

There certainly is another side, and we also exclude the many out of body experiences some patients have had, during medical procedures where theyw ere compeltely out even dead for a few minutes. Though those do not count as evidence of all tha goes on after death, I have no doubt about Jesus.

And Jesus died, and came back from the dead and he spoke to those disciples who still doubted Mary Magdalene's witness to Christ's resurrection. Jesus told his disciple "go ahead and put your hands in my wounds so that you may believe" to the one disciple who had said "I will not believe such thing unless i can place my fingers in his wounds".

And Jesus gave us the way to live and lead our lives, to love God our Father In Heaven, Jesus taught us how to talk to God. Jesus taught us to love and to have faith!
jESUS SAID "IF YOU ONLY HAD FAITH THE SIZE OF A MUSTARD SEED" why? Because we humans do not have enough faith to belive that all things are possible for God. Even illnesses.

"the men..brought unto him all that were diseased...that they might only touch thehem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole.

WE HAVE SEEN MIRACLES, WE HAVE SEEN JESUS AND LAZARUS COME BACK FROM THE DEAD, WE HAVE SEEN THE IMPOSSIBLE BE POSSIBLE THROUGH JESUS
and i have in my humble way, seen many miracles that extended my lifespan to a lot longer than iw as suppose to live.

I say my faith comes from having known , in my lifetime, the life and works of the Son of Man, God's son, Jesuschrist.
I did not have to be thre to be a true witness, I believe without a doubt. Even when it happened 2000+yrs ago. There were witnesses and there were Jesus disciples and that is enough for me to know (along my miracles) that JESUS EXISTS AND FAITH THOUGH YES IT IS A GIFT FROM THE HOLLY SPIRIT

For no one else will be there for us eternally but Christ. Humans fail. But Christ does not.

So I have not died and come back to tell what i saw, but someone very important died for me and came back to tell me and the entire world!

And we must be careful to progress his word into all the corners of this world. So that peace will come upon us all.
Amen.

clinging2faith

Amen.

roxygss

Clinging2Faith,

It is very nice to see someone who is vigilant in their faith and wants people to come to Christ. I also want that for others. My only concern is that for everything you went to great lengths to say about the mormon religion, you didn't get any of it right. Your source of information is either deceiving you or just didn't get the whole truth. I would highly advise talking to missionaries. Of course you can ask questions here as well. But honestly, if you want to buy a Toyota, do you ask a Chevy dealer to tell you about it? Of course not, you go to each car dealer seperately, hear their case, and then make the decision on your own. Learn about mormons from MORMONS. Thats the best way to go about most things in life.

And yes, I am a mormon.

roxygss

Clinging2Faith,

It is very nice to see someone who is vigilant in their faith and wants people to come to Christ. I also want that for others. My only concern is that for everything you went to great lengths to say about the mormon religion, you didn't get any of it right. Your source of information is either deceiving you or just didn't get the whole truth. I would highly advise talking to missionaries. Of course you can ask questions here as well. But honestly, if you want to buy a Toyota, do you ask a Chevy dealer to tell you about it? Of course not, you go to each car dealer seperately, hear their case, and then make the decision on your own. Learn about mormons from MORMONS. Thats the best way to go about most things in life.

And yes, I am a mormon.

roxygss

Clinging2Faith,

And yes, I am a mormon.

roxygss

Clinging2Faith,

And yes, I am a mormon.

roxygss

Clinging2Faith,

And yes, I am a mormon.