Prayers for Lezly Hodge

D

Deb

As with so many others, I have been following these posts and am praying that Leslie continues to fight and win this battle. Appreciate the updates.

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 11:45AM Friday: The day has started off pretty good.... Se was awake when we got here this morning... Shortly thereafter she fell asleep and has been drowsy since... Her CO2 is down to 90 and her pH is better... They're stopping part of her antibiotics and changing up some of her other meds... These baby steps are adding up... We're standing and praying that there's no step back after the progress she's made... Thank you all again for the prayers, support and encouragement... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

JENNYC

Sorry I was off work yesterday therefore..no internet :( Here are the updates

LEZLY UPDATE 11:30AM Saturday: kind of a sleepy day this morning so far... Her vitals are pretty good... Apparently there was no blood gases test done... She is still needing to flush a bit more fluid... Her hands and feet are puffy from retaining water.... They're working on her digestive system to get it all in line and working properly... She's been awake and aware but is drowsy and nods off at times... I believe today will be a good day... That's what we're praying for... Thanks y'all... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 12:30 AM Sunday: Sorry this update is a little late... they locked down ICU at 11 but we had to make a quick run to Walmart... it is COLD up here and all I have are short sleeve shirts... Lez had a good day... her vital signs stayed in the good range most of the time...was awake most of the day and was very responsive...... I'm still not very good at reading lips but she got her point across... really enjoyed the company we had and so did Lez... Looking for an even better day tomorrow and praying for that.... standing and watching it happen!!! thanks for keeping us in your prayers.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 11:20AM Sunday: It looks to be a good day starting out here... Lez's vitals look good, she was awake and fully responsive when I got here this morning... No blood gases done but her clarity if focus and awareness makes me think her CO2 level is as good or better than yesterday... She still in a bit of pain from the digestive problems she's been having the last few days but it seems to be less than last night... We're expecting a good day and praying for that.... Thanks for standing with us.... — withLezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 11:59PM Sunday: Today was a good day for Lez... She was more herself today than she has been in weeks... she communicated (or tried to with our limited ability to read lips) and was responsive... Her dr said they would re-visit her digestive problems tomorrow and see if additional treatment and meds were needed... her vitals stayed in the good range most all day... she is in real needof re-building her strength and body reserve to bounce back from setbacks... she is off all but one of the antibiotics... praying for a restful, peaceful nights sleep tonight for her and us... Standing and watching it happen is a joy and a privilege... thanks for the prayers, we still need them very much!!
— with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 11:25AM Monday:looks to be a good day starting here... Lez was awake when I got here this morning... She decided to nap a little while ago... Her abdomen is giving her a little bit of a problem... She winces at times, the dr will be here later and will decide if she needs another round of meds to help... Her vitals are good and while sleeping seems to be comfortable... Thanks for your prayers and standing with us... — with Lezly Hodgeand 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 11:32PM Monday: It turned out to be a good day today... Lez slept till almost 4, but when she woke up she was alert... The dr made some changes to one of her meds to help with the digestive problem she's having... her vitals were good all day and she seems to be gaining some strength... Occupational Therapy is working with her and she's making progress... It's gonna take some time to re-build what the weeks have taken from her but I know she'll come thru it... Thank you for the prayers and for standing with us... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 12:25PM Tuesday: Lez is doing good today... She is awake and aware and her vitals are good... Therapy hasn't been here yet but they will be soon... Lez wanted me to say hi to everyone and thanks for praying for her... She hopes to be able to start doing her own statuses very soon... I'll be bringing her phone to her later and maybe she can do that this evening... Thanks from all of us for your prayers... Standing and watching it happen is wonderful.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 11:45PM Tuesday: Another good day for Lez... her vitals stayed good most all day and she was in the therapy chair for 2.5 hours... it really tired her out but I can tell she's making progress... praying that tomorrow will be an even better day and tonight will be a peaceful restful one... it will be a couple more days before we know if the change in Lez's meds will help her digestion problem so please be in prayer for that.... thanks to you all!!! Standing!— with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 10:20AM Wednesday: looks like its gonna be a sleepy day here.. At least this morning. They said Lez had a rough night with lots of mucus plugging her lungs. They did a lot of suction on her during the night and after the therapy yesterday she's wore out.... She should be more herself after a nap... We're expecting a good day overall and praying for that... Will post more later.... STANDING!!!— with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 11:13PM Wednesday: I wasn't here most of the day... had to make a flying trip home to pick up Lez's meds and do a bit of laundry... Neen said it was a tiring day with Phys therapy... she said Lez sat on the edge of the bed for a while and did good but her O2 level dropped to a not good level so she got back in bed and finished her therapy there... she was asleep when we left and we're praying for a good nights rest and rebound in strength tomorrow... she's on the right track and taking baby steps forward.... thanks for keeping us in your prayers... Standing and holding to it.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

Go Lezly!!!

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 11:20AM Thursday: it's another sleepy day here... Therapy yesterday was tiring for her... Not sure how well she slept last night but therapy has already been here today and after waking her, had Lez sitting on the edge of her bed again... Her O2 dropped a bit but she sat there for a little while and helped support herself bracing her arms on the bed... The therapists say she's regaining strength but it's gonna take a while... We're still believing she's going to be walking out of this place... And we're standing on that... Thanks to those who are following these updates and keeping us in their prayers.... — with Lezly Hodge and2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 9:50PM Thursday: It's been a bump in the road kind of day... Lez did do therapy sitting up on the side of the bed but it really took a lot out of her... Also she had a hard time keeping her O2 level up... She's kind of out of it because of this and isn't really responsive... She could really use a few special prayers about right now... We are believing for full healing and recovery... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

Praying Lez!! Hang in there girl and fight, fight, fight!!!

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 11:15AM Friday: Lez was asleep when I got to her room this morning... She had an okay night but I figure she's still tired from the phys therapy... They made some adjustments to her vent settings to keep her O2 levels up... Give her a chance to get over this bump in the road... Maybe a couple of modifications to her therapy will ease the bumps in the future so I'm gonna discuss things with the therapists when they come in... Thanks for the prayers and remembering us... Standing.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 10:00PM Friday: it's been a not great day... Lez's O2 has been low most all day.. Lots of mucus being suctioned out and it wears her out... I'm sure her CO2 level is high because she's not been very responsive at all today... When she's awake she opens her eyes but not sure if she is aware of what's going on... The dr made some adjustments to meds, feeding tube and vent to even things out and it's helping some... Maybe will get her over the road bumps of the last couple of days. Praying tomorrow will be a different, better kind of day... Still standing and believing... Thanks for the prayers for all of us... — withLezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 11:35 Saturday: the day is starting off not much better than yesterday left off... Her O2 levels are not wanting to stay in the good range and blood pressure is a little low... She still sleeping but I figure that's because of the high CO2 levels... A GI dr is going to do some tests and see if he can figure out what's going on with her digestive system... Her bowels sounds are very faint so it's not working as good as it needs to be... Her hands are very puffy again so she is retaining fluids... Prayers please that they figure this out quickly before it gets worse.... Thanks everyone! — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY update 6:20pm Saturday: Lez's hemoglobin level is low so they're giving her 2units of blood... Also pulling excess air/fluid out of her stomach... O2 level is already back up to 100% even before they started giving her blood... Praying this is a step in the right direction... — withLezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 9:30pm Saturday: the second unit of blood is running now... She has rosy cheeks again... Also the stomach suction they started seems to be working... Her abdomen feels to me to be a little softer... It was very hard and distended earlier... They're going to continue it thru the night and re-X-ray tomorrow to see if the air has been removed... Her O2 is back up to a very good level... we're praying and believing that these are steps in the right direction and that tomorrow will be a better day... Standing!!! — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 10:35AM Sunday: Lez seems to be doing better this morning... The blood she got yesterday and the stomach emptying has helped... She is still drowsy but is able to smile and respond a little... She turned her head toward me and "hugged" me back when I got to her room... Her O2 has stayed in the good to very good range all night... Her tummy is still tight but hopefully that will change throughout the day... The day has already started out better than the last 3 days and we know its gonna stay that way... Praying and standing on that... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 9:30PM Sunday: Today was a better day... Lez's O2 was in the good or above range all day... she was awake for most of the afternoon hours and some this morning... Her CO2 must be down a bit (but not enough) because she was little more responsive today... her tummy is still having problems but they're gonna work on that some more tonight... maybe by tomorrow she'll be better in that area too... praying tomorrow will be an even better day... Standing on our knees... (thanks Donna Jache McCullough!!) — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 11:40 Monday: Today has started out not quite as good as yesterday... Lez's O2 is holding in the barely good range (low 90's)... Would like to see it staying in the mid to upper 90's... They are still trying to find solutions for her tummy problems. Because that is the hindrance to further recovery it is very important they figure it out as soon as possible... Praying for wisdom and insight for the drs and peace, strength and comfort for us and completed healing for Lez... Standing on our knees!! — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 10:55PM Monday: We got back from a quick run home to watch Brexton play basketball and get a few hours away from the hospital and the noisenoisenoise of the bells, alarms and phones. A little bit of normalcy was wonderful... When we got back the nurse filled us in on the day... Another xray of lez's tummy is set for tomorrow and the drs are gonna put their heads together and see if they can figure a new approach to work on Lez's tummy problems.... Her O2 was in the good range and has been most of the day... She indicated that she was tired and with nothing planned for her tonight maybe she'll get a good nights rest... praying they can get this digestive problem fixed but we are still standing on the promise of her healing...
— with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

Thank you everyone for your continued prayers!!!

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 9:58PM Tuesday: Not much change here today... Lez is doing a little worse than this morning... they've re-started the tube feedings (after 4 days of no nutrition at all) in the hopes that her digestive problems have been resolved... the next 24 hours will tell whether her bowels are still paralyzed or not... she really needs prayer that her digestive system will start working... her CO2 level is very high and her lungs need to start getting rid of the CO2... intense prayer is needed... Lord increase my faith... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

Please pray extra hard today for our dear friend!!

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 10:10 PM Wednesday: Another round of meds for Lez's digestive problems is scheduled for tonight... praying this one works better than the last time... she really really needs for it to stimulate her digestive system to begin working... her vitals are not much changed from this morning (a little better but not enough)... praying and wanting to see her take a good step forward in her recovery... standingstanding... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 11:10AM Thursday: Lez's vitals are better this morning but still not great... Her CO2 is still high so she isn't responding... Her O2 is in the good range and bp is a little low but not alarming... Tentative plans are to do a J-tube placement tomorrow... Hopefully that will help the digestive problems she's having... Praying for that anyway... Still believing she's gonna walk out of here completely healed.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

Sorry so late with the updates!!! Anyone know what a J-tube is? Praying, Praying, Praying!!!

S

semperfiohana

[h=3]Jejunostomy feeding tube[/h] A jejunostomy feeding tube (J-tube) is a tube surgically inserted through the abdomen and into the jejunum (the second part of the small intestine). The procedure is called a jejunostomy.

according to wikipedia

JENNYC

Thanks semperfiohana!!

LEZLY UPDATE 11:21 PM Thursday: Lez is still hanging in there... her vitals are about the same as they have been all day... O2 in the good range, bp is a little low but not enough to cause real worry, her CO2 is still high but coming down slowly (she responded as little better this afternoon than the last couple of days)... tomorrow she is scheduled to get a J-tube... this will allow nutrition to be delivered straight into the small intestine instead of the stomach, hopefully fixing the trouble she's been having... the dr will be doing it bedside with minimal sedation and no anesthesia (my understanding)... please hold her up in prayer as she goes thru this procedure that she will have no problems... believing and standing....
— with Lezly Hodgeand 2 others.

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 10:40PM Friday: Lez is about the same... Bp is low, O2 is is the barely good range and CO2 is high... She's not really responsive to us.. The dr said they may try the jtube again next week if she stabilizes by then.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 10:42 AM Saturday: Lez seems to be a little better this morning... Her bp is a little low and her O2 is still in the barely good range but she is a little more responsive than last night... Jtube placement is still on hold till she's more able to handle the procedure... They will evaluate her on Monday and go from there... She is getting a new PICC line later today for IV's... her port isn't enough to handle everything.... Still standing and waiting and today could be the day.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 11:00PM Saturday: Lez's bp is up some and her O2 is pretty much staying in the good range... CO2 is coming down slowly and she was a little more responsive today starting about 3PM... she's a bit uncomfortable with her trach..i think her throat is a little sore and it's painful to cough... also she's not been able to take one of her meds because of her digestive problems and its making her mucus thicker and harder to suction out of her lungs... we're praying that she'll soon be able to start taking it again... our motto is "today is the day things start to get better"... praying and standing on that... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 11:00AM Sunday: Lez is a little better this morning.. Her bp is still ok and her O2 is holding in the good range... She still on track for re-evaluation for the jtube tomorrow... Hopefully they can get that done and start treating her digestive problems better... Today is the day.... Standing!!! — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 10:05 PM Sunday: Lez is asleep... they gave her a mild calming med to help her rest for tomorrow... not sure if they will do the jtube tomorrow or just evaluate for placement... i hope they do it... she really needs it so they can begin to address her digestive problem... her bp is good if a bit high... she admitted to Neen that she is scared about everything that is happening and why it's happening... she really needs some peaceful restful sleep tonight, as well as strength for tomorrow... her CO2 is down enough for her to be aware of everything... praying for her healing and peace of mind... today is the day.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
thanks so much Jenny for always posting for all of us watching and praying from afar. If you do "talk" with the family please convey how much we are all praying for them.

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 11:10PM Monday: The GI doctor finally made it down to re-evaluate Lez for the Jtube procedure. They have re-scheduled it for tomorrow early... please be in prayer for her and for everyone involved that it go smoothly and with no complications... i think she is scared about the procedure but it has to be done to try and get a handle on her digestive problems... pray for us also... we're a bit nervous about it as it was a procedure similar to this that landed her in ICU in the first place... tomorrow is another today that will see things getting better... standing on our knees!!! — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 11:10AM Tuesday: Still waiting for the GI dr to show up... Apparently early morning is sometime in the afternoon... Sorry, I'm a bit stressed... I'm looking for a forehead tapping hammer because I think someone needs their attention got... In other news, Lez's vitals aren't as good as they were yesterday and i hope that isn't bad news concerning the jtube placement... Praying for everything to be good for the procedure.. Will post updates as things happen... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE ADD: they're getting ready to start the jtube placement... I hope it goes smoothly... Will post when it's done... Prayers please! — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE: they've finished the procedure..the dr says it went well and the jtube is placed... They're planning on starting to use it tomorrow morning... Haven't been in there yet to see how she's doing... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

Sorry I couldn't keep everyone updated today....I was at a seminar all day. Pray this will help her like the dr's think it will!! :)