work up blood tests

T

theDUDE

How much blood do they take when it says "fasting labs drawn"? I really hate them taking blood and im kinda stressing over it. Im starting the workup tommorow and thats the first thing i am doing.

T

theDUDE

How much blood do they take when it says "fasting labs drawn"? I really hate them taking blood and im kinda stressing over it. Im starting the workup tommorow and thats the first thing i am doing.

T

theDUDE

T

theDUDE

T

theDUDE

coltsfan715

Do you want me to be honest? ....

My first set of labs drawn for my workup was about 13 vials. The test EVERYTHING you can think of.

Good News ... after that it pretty much stays with maybe 2-3 vials. I have monthly labs done and they typically draw about 3 vials - sometimes 4. They run tests on my med levels some for my blood sugar and other things like my kidney and liver functions and stuff like that.

I also had to have the huge workup blood draw at about 3 months post and I am sure I will have it again about 1 yr post. Just so you are aware.

I don't know where you are going but I know I was nervous about the blood draw and bam they got me first stick and I barely felt it. It went really quick though I did ask her if she was trying to take ALL of my blood.

Take Care and Good Luck with the workup.
Love Linds

coltsfan715

My first set of labs drawn for my workup was about 13 vials. The test EVERYTHING you can think of.

Good News ... after that it pretty much stays with maybe 2-3 vials. I have monthly labs done and they typically draw about 3 vials - sometimes 4. They run tests on my med levels some for my blood sugar and other things like my kidney and liver functions and stuff like that.

I also had to have the huge workup blood draw at about 3 months post and I am sure I will have it again about 1 yr post. Just so you are aware.

I don't know where you are going but I know I was nervous about the blood draw and bam they got me first stick and I barely felt it. It went really quick though I did ask her if she was trying to take ALL of my blood.

Love Linds

coltsfan715

Love Linds

coltsfan715

Love Linds

coltsfan715

Love Linds

Skye

They took 32 vials from me; however, it is all from the same line. So it just takes a little more time. Isn't it interesting how we all find 1 or 2 things to stress and obsess over. The blood work was the easy part for me. The part I really hate is the PFT's. I hate the thought that my performance or lack of affects where I am at. My best to you dude. I am going through the follow-up routine next week in Cleveland. I am planning something fun for the day after.

Skye

They took 32 vials from me; however, it is all from the same line. So it just takes a little more time. Isn't it interesting how we all find 1 or 2 things to stress and obsess over. The blood work was the easy part for me. The part I really hate is the PFT's. I hate the thought that my performance or lack of affects where I am at. My best to you dude. I am going through the follow-up routine next week in Cleveland. I am planning something fun for the day after.

Skye

Skye

Skye

Lungboy911

Hi thedude,

We all hate blood work. However, just stay positive because it's all worth
it. Yes, it totally sucks and they test for everything.

However, now 4 yrs out from my tx, I am training for my 4th Marathon and this weekend I played 3 ice-hockey games in 4 days.

The tx is a miracle and will change your life. So stay positive and if you ever
have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

God bless you,

Lungboy911

Hi thedude,

However, now 4 yrs out from my tx, I am training for my 4th Marathon and this weekend I played 3 ice-hockey games in 4 days.

God bless you,

Lungboy911

Hi thedude,

God bless you,

Lungboy911

Hi thedude,

God bless you,

Lungboy911

Hi thedude,

God bless you,