Recent content by jfarel

1. J

coming up on 5 years

I celebrated 9 years this past June. Am doing well!
  2. J

coming up on 5 years

Haven't posted in a while, but for those of you still waiting, keep hoping. I will be 5 years post this June and things have gone really well. I've been working fulltime, traveling and exploring new hobbies. I've also met my donor family on several occasions---which was amazing experience.
  3. J

mycelex troche

I think we take it forever. But I am not positive. I have been on for 14 months. Every day post transplant.
  4. J

mycelex troche

I think we take it forever. But I am not positive. I have been on for 14 months. Every day post transplant.
  5. J

mycelex troche

6. J

Scuba Diving and Transplant

I have heard stories of people doing it, but off hand I do not know anyone.
  7. J

8. J

9. J

What do you do for hemoptysis?

I agree, adding ice or frozen veggies does seem to help. Before my transplant I would get bad bleeds from time to time, but taking ADEKS vitamins (Since they have a lot of K, for clotting) regularly, reduced the severity of the bleeding.
  10. J

I agree, adding ice or frozen veggies does seem to help. Before my transplant I would get bad bleeds from time to time, but taking ADEKS vitamins (Since they have a lot of K, for clotting) regularly, reduced the severity of the bleeding.
  11. J

12. J

PFTs after transplant

@ mCHRISTofSUBURB.. Mine Fev1 was similar to yours. I didn't even get mine measured until 3 or 4 weeks post tx. I had some minor issues and they didn't want me blowing hard for a few weeks. My first PFT was in the 40's. After that it continued to rise and now at 12 months post I am 85-95 percent.
  13. J

PFTs after transplant

@ mCHRISTofSUBURB.. Mine Fev1 was similar to yours. I didn't even get mine measured until 3 or 4 weeks post tx. I had some minor issues and they didn't want me blowing hard for a few weeks. My first PFT was in the 40's. After that it continued to rise and now at 12 months post I am 85-95 percent.
  14. J

PFTs after transplant

@ mCHRISTofSUBURB.. <br /> <br />Mine Fev1 was similar to yours. I didn't even get mine measured until 3 or 4 weeks post tx. I had some minor issues and they didn't want me blowing hard for a few weeks. My first PFT was in the 40's. After that it continued to rise and now at 12 months post I am...
  15. J

Worried about resistance

I agree with Anna, with CF, resistance is pretty par for the course. B. Cepacia, is really the only one that some transplant programs will refuse.