Recent content by searchingforanswers

1. S

Urgent Insurance decision

I decided to stay with the PPO for this year...there just was not time to do any real research. Unfortunately th company had our annual benefits meeting after the date on which we are supposed to make our decisions. We had the meeting Friday and had to decide Monday. I should have thought of...
  2. S

Urgent Insurance decision

I have *finally* been able to secure real CF testing and it is taking place in mid-october. Apparently having finally made it past the original pre-existing clause for not having insurace prior..we are now back at open enrollment <ahhh>. We got almost no warning on this and I need to decide...
  3. S

enzyme test

update-day 3 Despite the lack of feedback (waving at you guys and gals), the experiment continues. It is now the third day of my experiment and other then a major scare with increased congestion the first morning...I won't say there are no side effects....but overall what an incredible...
  4. S

enzyme test

I've always believed that being missed as a child meant being PS . These days I'm really starting to wonder whether a small dosage of enzymes would help. So I saw *pancreatin* by twinlab (quadruple sttength) at my local whole food and decided to try it for a short time as an experiment...that...
  5. S

Cough so much.... very little sleep

Try this but please be careful I'm going to make a few educated guesses...it "sounds" as if you are describing a viral annoyace cough as opposed to a congestion cough and symptoms that might be a viral infection. Yes this could be CF related but it is also possible that you caught the sort of...
  6. S

Neilmed/sinus irrigation

I bought some of that recently (easier then the neti-pot when I'm on the go.) It seems to help a bit ...post-nasal drip (which then lands in my chest) has always been a huge problem for me. I've been trying to use it after the morning clean-out rather as a primary method though. Thinking...
  7. S

Leaving

The two of you have such a wealth of useful knowledge...I respect and have learned a lot from you. In my years of mostly lurking I've tried to stay out of every conflict. I don't really know what happenned or if those of us with uncertain membership in the CF family are even welcome on this...
  8. S

Leaving

The two of you have such a wealth of useful knowledge about
  9. S

Mucus?

Vampy, I'm not a water drinker either (or at least I didn't used to be). If you issue really is just taste try mixing water with gatoraide, better yet drink soup broth, tea, eat juicy fruit, flavored water, water with electrolytes, etc. Gatoraide contains high fructose corn syrup and shouldn't...
  10. S

Rash from Bactrim??

Um...I've been on Bactrim (no bad reactions, didn't even get the photosensativity...go figure) what worries me more is your description of a series of itchy bites close together. Very close together, tiny, all in a line? I want to be wrong and I don't really have enough information...but if...
  11. S

CF Diagnositic limbo anyone else?

I don't know if I can be of any help at all, but if there is one thing I understand its CF/diagnostic limbo. I was going to suggest PCD, but you've already tested that. Is your daughter a salt fiend? CF and certain endocrine disorders are the main causes of craving salt. In my fifteen plus...
  12. S

Mucus in Upper Airways

I don't really know how to explain this...can you pull the mucus up by a combination of blowing out through your nose in a way that stuff comes up and kinda breathing, panting, and clearing your throat upward. I've never been able to cough effectively except when I'm really sick and don't have...
  13. S

Mucus in Upper Airways

I don't really know how to explain this...can you pull the mucus up by a combination of blowing out through your nose in a way that stuff comes up and kinda breathing, panting, and clearing your throat upward. I've never been able to cough effectively except when I'm really sick and don't have...
  14. S

Buspar?

I don't know much about Buspar but avoid Xanax or any benzodiazapene we went through hell getting a family member off that stuff...it is ridiculiously addictive and after a few weeks to a few months it litterally causes the very problems it is meant to treat. Benzodiazapenes are of short term...
  15. S

Buspar?

I don't know much about Buspar but avoid Xanax or any benzodiazapene we went through hell getting a family member off that stuff...it is ridiculiously addictive and after a few weeks to a few months it litterally causes the very problems it is meant to treat. Benzodiazapenes are of short term...