Search results

1. M

Changing your user name?!?!?!

Hi, I have emailed the contact us" option on this website a handful of times about how I go about changing my username and I still have gotten no response. What Im wondering is if its possible to do so or do I have to make a whole other profile? I have outgrown my username and no longer...
  2. M

Traveling to Disney with CF, Vest, and Portable O2 concentrator?

Hi, Im 25 with a moderate/severe CF. Over the winter I got pretty sick, I was sick all winter long with a pretty bad infection and pneumonia. Before the winter I was only on supplemented O2 when I got sick/infection and at night when I was asleep. Anyway, long story short, now I require oxygen...
  3. M

Help please!!!

Im experiencing extreme sharp pains in one area of my chest and nothing is helping!!! Its worst when I cough. Im wondering if its a collapsed lung, never had one before. Please let me know if you have gone through one and what was your symptoms.
  4. M

Need some CF friends!!!

Hey guys, My name is Megan and I am 24 years old with CF, diagnosed at 6 months. I have one CF friend which I love to death but I feel so lonley still. I absolutly love talking to other CFers and feel the need for it right now, going through some rough patches!! So, I was wondering if anyone...
  5. M

Financial Help/Non-profit Orginizations!

Hey guys, I need help lol yet again. I am struggling extremely bad with my finances. I cant work because I'm in the hospital at least every other month sometimes once a month. I have always struggled but I'm desperately trying to fix my credit and in order to do that I need some sort of...
  6. M

Please help me!!!!

Hi guys, Im having a really tough time with something. My regular doctor recently retired and Im left with getting a new doc and this nurse practitioner that used to work real close with my doctor. She has always been completely rude and mean to me but I was ok with it because I knew my doc had...
  7. M

New series has cf girl in it!!

EVERYONE!!! The new series THE BATES HOTEL, based off ofthe movie Psycho! Never seen the movie but my boyfriend has and we startedwatching the Bates Hotel and in the second episode, just played, SPOILLERALERT: we just found out she had CF!! We were both floored and thru our arms inthe air bc the...
  8. M

Gross, embarrassing things that come with CF!

Hey guys! I’m working on a book about CF coming from anangle most know none about! But I need some help. I need some more ideas on thegross, maybe embarrassing moments or things that come along with this difficultdisease! Anything at all, please post a comment. This way you can stay anonymousand...
  9. M

Gross, embarrassing things that come with CF!

Hey guys! I’m working on a book about CF coming from anangle most know none about! But I need some help. I need some more ideas on thegross, maybe embarrassing moments or things that come along with this difficultdisease! Anything at all, please post a comment. This way you can stay anonymousand...
  10. M

Genetic Mutation

I here all this news about new meds for a certain genetic mutation of CF. But how does one find out their mutation and does it cost money?
  11. M

Social Security Money

My question is; how can anyone afford life on thier own? I live in ND and I only get a lil under $700 a month. This is barely enough to pay all my bills. I can't really work, and even if I did it would lower the amount I get from them. I have a car payment, half of a rent bill with utilities...
  12. M

Transitioning to and from hospital life and home life!

Ok, so Im having and have had difficulty in the transitioning to and from my life and going to the hospital for a couple weeks at a time! So heres my history; I go into the hospital roughly ever 2 months for about 2 weeks at a time. SInce I had a cardiac arrest in October 2010, I dont have a...
  13. M

Transitioning to and from hospital life and home life!

Ok, so Im having and have had difficulty in the transitioning to and from my life and going to the hospital for a couple weeks at a time! So heres my history; I go into the hospital roughly ever 2 months for about 2 weeks at a time. SInce I had a cardiac arrest in October 2010, I dont have a...
  14. M

College and moving away from home to go to college!

Hey! So Im thinking about going to college about 600 miles away from home because thats where the best doctors and care I can get are. Im terrified! I don't know if I can handle being away from my family and esppecially my mom. She has been there every step of the way in my CF battle and I dont...
  15. M

HELP! 21st bday and possibly have to spend in hospital!

Im in the hospital in a town closer to my hometown because its the winter. I usually go to the docs 600 miles away but its too risky with the harsh winters we have in North Dakota! I came in coughin up some blood, just some streaks of blood, and dark colored mucus. They put me on some random IV...
  16. M

Jobs! PLZ HELP!

HEre's what I dont get......how the hell do sick people of any kind make a living, MONEY! I have gone thru several tax paying jobs with no luck.i go into the hospital they either hate it or deal with it. But then I'm out money because i cant work then for 2 months. I cant seem to get enough for...
  17. M

I need help! **On-line jobs**

I need major help. Ok, I get hospitalized almost every 2-3 months. So its supper hard to find a job where they are ok with me leaving that much. I need to work full-time. I have my own place and have many bills. So I'm wondering if anyone knew of any online jobs, ones that aren't scams? That way...