Search results

1. J

coming up on 5 years

I celebrated 9 years this past June. Am doing well!
  2. J

coming up on 5 years

Haven't posted in a while, but for those of you still waiting, keep hoping. I will be 5 years post this June and things have gone really well. I've been working fulltime, traveling and exploring new hobbies. I've also met my donor family on several occasions---which was amazing experience.
  3. J

mycelex troche

I think we take it forever. But I am not positive. I have been on for 14 months. Every day post transplant.
  4. J

mycelex troche

I think we take it forever. But I am not positive. I have been on for 14 months. Every day post transplant.
  5. J

mycelex troche

6. J

Scuba Diving and Transplant

I have heard stories of people doing it, but off hand I do not know anyone.
  7. J

8. J

9. J

What do you do for hemoptysis?

I agree, adding ice or frozen veggies does seem to help. Before my transplant I would get bad bleeds from time to time, but taking ADEKS vitamins (Since they have a lot of K, for clotting) regularly, reduced the severity of the bleeding.
  10. J

I agree, adding ice or frozen veggies does seem to help. Before my transplant I would get bad bleeds from time to time, but taking ADEKS vitamins (Since they have a lot of K, for clotting) regularly, reduced the severity of the bleeding.
  11. J

12. J

PFTs after transplant

@ mCHRISTofSUBURB.. Mine Fev1 was similar to yours. I didn't even get mine measured until 3 or 4 weeks post tx. I had some minor issues and they didn't want me blowing hard for a few weeks. My first PFT was in the 40's. After that it continued to rise and now at 12 months post I am 85-95 percent.
  13. J

PFTs after transplant

@ mCHRISTofSUBURB.. Mine Fev1 was similar to yours. I didn't even get mine measured until 3 or 4 weeks post tx. I had some minor issues and they didn't want me blowing hard for a few weeks. My first PFT was in the 40's. After that it continued to rise and now at 12 months post I am 85-95 percent.
  14. J

PFTs after transplant

@ mCHRISTofSUBURB.. <br /> <br />Mine Fev1 was similar to yours. I didn't even get mine measured until 3 or 4 weeks post tx. I had some minor issues and they didn't want me blowing hard for a few weeks. My first PFT was in the 40's. After that it continued to rise and now at 12 months post I am...
  15. J

Worried about resistance

I agree with Anna, with CF, resistance is pretty par for the course. B. Cepacia, is really the only one that some transplant programs will refuse.
  16. J

Worried about resistance

I agree with Anna, with CF, resistance is pretty par for the course. B. Cepacia, is really the only one that some transplant programs will refuse.
  17. J

Worried about resistance

18. J

"End Stage" CF

Generally speaking you are considered for transplant below 30 percent fev1. Other factors come into play as well, but when you hit 30 percent you don't have much margin for error if you get sick. Even though some people may feel really pretty good at 30 percent, others have a hard time walking...
  19. J

"End Stage" CF

Generally speaking you are considered for transplant below 30 percent fev1. Other factors come into play as well, but when you hit 30 percent you don't have much margin for error if you get sick. Even though some people may feel really pretty good at 30 percent, others have a hard time walking...
  20. J

"End Stage" CF