Search results

1. S

At what age was the Oldest Cystic Fibrosis Lung Transplant Done?

I had my double lung transplant at 70, now 73. Diagnosed at age 12 DDF508. Thank God for Generous Donors and Caregivers.
  2. S

Sleep Apnea

I am 9 months post double lung transplant. Recently diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea. Did not have prior to transplant. Any one else have this issue?
  3. S

Sleep Apnea

I am 9 months post double lung transplant. Recently diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea. Did not have prior to transplant. Any one else have this issue?
  4. S

Adults with CF what are your jobs?

I worked in Nuclear Medicine for 35 yrs. Went to Duke.
  5. S

Nasal administration of antibiotics. With most Cfers we have pseudomonas in our sinus

Does anyone do nasal administration of antibiotics? If so would you mind sharing what antibiotic or antibiotics and much, mg etc. as well how it is administered in how much saline or distilled water. Do you mix your solution or does a pharmacy? Thanks for sharing!
  6. S

Nasal administration of antibiotics. With most Cfers we have pseudomonas in our sinus

Does anyone do nasal administration of antibiotics? If so would you mind sharing what antibiotic or antibiotics and much, mg etc. as well how it is administered in how much saline or distilled water. Do you mix your solution or does a pharmacy.
  7. S

Need to know the best hospitals for tansplant

UT Southwestern Dallas Tx. Great place for having Lung Transplant!
  8. S

70 Yr. Old Double Lung Transplant Done

Thanks Bill! All is good 5 wks post. Fev1 is 95% walking 2 miles Stats 98-99 Hr. 87. Now to see if this old body can keep up with these new lungs. Amazing to be able to breath with ease! No Neb RX! No cough! Thank God and my Donor for this!
  9. S

70 Yr. Old Double Lung Transplant Done

I recently had a double lung transplant. My fev1 prior to surg. was 19, 3 wks post surg. it is 72. Doing great otherwise. Just a little sore. I was placed on the transplant list Dec. 27 2017. Had my first dry run Jan. 4 and two more after the first dry run. I see where someone posted when do you...
  10. S

How Old Were You When You had Your Lung Transplant Done?

My sister who is now 17 yrs. out had hers done when she was 50. Now 67 and doing great! How far out are you from transplant?
  11. S

What was your age when you had your double lung transplant?

My sister with CF had a double lung transplant at 50. yrs. she is now 17 yrs. out and doing great.
  12. S

At what age was the Oldest Cystic Fibrosis Lung Transplant Done?

How old were you when you had your lung transplant? My sister with CF had a double lung transplant at 50. yrs. she is now 17 yrs. out and doing great.
  13. S

Scared about the future?

Go for your grad school if so desire. I will be 70 next month. After workeing in Nuclear Medicine at the same Mdical ctr. for 35 yrs. I retired to take better care of my CF on encouraging words from my wife and pulmonologist. My job was 50+ hrs. A wk. with night call and wkend call so it was...
  14. S

When did you decide to stop going to work?

I stopped when I as 57 and my FEV 1 was 28%, had worked 35 yrs. in a hospital in Nuclear Medicine days nights wkends. and on call 24hrs. at a time. My Dr. and my wife both strongly wanted me to retire and take better care of my CF. This was 13 yrs. ago, fixin to turn 70 in couple months. Since...
  15. S

Fabric antibacterial mask recommendations

Agree reinfecting ones self would be a concern of mine. I sterilize all of my neb equipment between neb. Rx. Using disposal mask is the way to go for me. Luckily I have not had a Iv antibiotic in 8 yrs. and 1.5 yrs. for a antibiotic by mouth. Good luck on your decision.
  16. S

How do you keep from getting sick?

Washing hands as you already do and use hand sanitizer if you shake hands with someone . Use paper towel to open and close public bathroom doors. One thing I do is sterilize my nebulizer after each neb treatment. I have not been sick in yrs. or had iv's in 10 yrs. Good luck!
  17. S

Exercise

Good morning ladies. Working out takes time and is not easy when you have a low Fev1. This will help us post pone as well as get through the transplant and speed up recovery time they say at UT Southwestern Dallas. The wife and I work out three days a wk. and have been doing this since 2004...
  18. S

FEV1 and Oxygen needs

Hello Julie61554 Your and my status sound some what alike. My FeV1 is between 23-25, resting sats 97-98. With 6 min walk sats drops to 96 at 3 min. I use O2 at night none during the day. I have been worked up for transplant but yet to be listed because of no O2 requirement during a normal day...
  19. S

For people taking Orkambi

Great Ratatoska, sounds like Orkambi is helping you son. Praying this continues. I have noticed a increase in clear drainage from my nose. The mucous coming out of my lungs is definitely thinner? I am at day 37, still having a little tightness in chest about 2 hrs. I take Orkambi. Praying for...
  20. S

For people taking Orkambi

I decided to stop my Neb. Colistin because of the significant bronchospasms. I noticed a improvement in one day, now at day 2 bronchospasm completely gone. So I will for the time being just Neb. Cayston every other month with the Orkambi. Feel mcuh better today with out Neb Colistin!