Search results

1. O

Oscars...

I don't like this kind of events at all. Everybody congratulating the others... Over here, the movie by Clint Eastwood is not yet known, and our movie "The Chorist" was expected to get lots and lots of rewards, presented as the best ever, blabla etc etc.... And the result is : "nothing at all"...
  2. O

France/French lessons

who knows how CF is called over here ?
  3. O

France/French lessons

who knows how CF is called over here ?
  4. O

France/French lessons

Bonjour Kim et Shamrock ! Oui ça va très bien merci et vous ? That's fine (maybe better than my English lol ) don't worry, amost 100% correct for both of you !! congratulations !
  5. O

France/French lessons

well done Emily. Spelling is "Au revoir" ;-) I went twice to the US. First time was to NewYork, Buffalo,LA, Frisco,Vegas,NewOrleans, Miami FLA, Orlando, Washington DC. Last time I was based at a friends' in Ohio and I rented a car there, to Philadelphia, Washington DC, NY, Buffalo, Toronto...
  6. O

Testing young kids for carrier genes

The "level" of the sweat test does not reflect the CF. It's not because the result is high that the CF is serious. I don't know if I make myself very clear, but I assume you will guess what I mean ;-)
  7. O

France/French lessons

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>RosesforCFinMich</b></i><br>Where do you live in France? country or a city? I've never been there and I wasnt able in school to take French either. It was a class where there was only one hour so certain amt of people could attend. Of course...
  8. O

Testing young kids for carrier genes

We have had our 2 older kids tested with the sweat-test. we don't know yet wether they are carrier or not. We will wait for the next blood analysis (if any check is needed for any reason) to be done and ask for our mutations to be searched. However if they want to know before that time, we will...
  9. O

trumpet

hi, wing instruments can be helpful I have heard (singing also), just ensure you decide for one which can be cleaned efficiently, and brief your son not to use his friends' instruments.
  10. O

Swimming

Hi,no, "others" is to be read for staph and other baterias not suitable for CF people.for sure pseudomonas can be contracted everywhere, and the swimming pool environnement is not recommended on a pseudomonas point of view. That's what is said and recommended over here.Please note I have posted...
  11. O

France/French lessons

Salut, for those who learn French or just want to know things (travel, whatever....) about our country, just ask me :-)
  12. O

Swimming

Hi,what is not very recommended here is the swimming pool itself, because of all the pseudomonas and others...
  13. O

Trampoline

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Taylor</b></i>I'm very happy to hear that many of you are making every attempt to make exercise fun and interactive for yourself and your children. This will be integral in improving compliance and thus health. Exercising can be...
  14. O

Trampoline

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i>Hi overthere.Just a quick reminder of who I am as I do not post very often.I am the daddy of a 2 year old CF daughter and I'm French what can explain the way I post lol. Please excuse my faults tx ;-)we are just starting with...
  15. O

toothbrushes?

Hi. That's for our experience., we have raised the same question and here's our we proceed for our CF girl : After every use, we shake it strongly, we wipe it with a clean towel, and let it dry upright, the brush on the top. I would say it remains "wet" around 1 hour max. once a week we put it...
  16. O

Cystic Fibrosis Research

I'l French, so should you be interested in knowing how it is here, just knock at my door ;-) oliver68@free.fr Thanks for your interest in CF.
  17. O

Cystic Fibrosis Research

I'l French, so should you be interested in knowing how it is here, just knock at my door ;-) oliver68@free.fr Thanks for your interest in CF.
  18. O

Studying abroad?

If she plans to study in France, you can be confident, no doubt. Also, should this happen, just let me know where and when, and let's work together hand in hand, to ensure everything is under control overhere before she arrives.
  19. O

Studying abroad?

If she plans to study in France, you can be confident, no doubt. Also, should this happen, just let me know where and when, and let's work together hand in hand, to ensure everything is under control overhere before she arrives.
  20. O

enzymes not enough?

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>Hello, I thought the enzymes were based on stool analysis and the weight of the child (I maybe wrong..) <hr></blockquote> Our experience : the grease rate is analyzed on the stools of 3 days. Then enzymes are...