Search results

1. C

Anyone do sinus nebulizer?

There is a nebulizer made specifically for the sinuses called the SinuStar nasal delivery system made specifically to deliver medication to the sinuses with nasal prongs instead of wearing a mask and breathing in through your nose. I was wondering if anyone has heard or used this for antibiotics...
  2. C

Just a little rant about health care workers

Hello everyone, Before anyone here takes offense by this rant let me say I am a nurse and I know we sometimes draw conclusions based on what the chart says and not what we find out from our patients. And on that note let me say it is a big pet peeve of mine when Nurses, nurse practitioners...
  3. C

Anyone feel lightheaded when sick?

I know this may sound odd but it usually comes on rather suddenly, sort of. I sometimes push myself a little hard don't get enough sleep, start to feel "blah" and then suddenly in the middle of the day or evening I feel full blown sick, aches, my muscles and bones ache or feel like they are on...
  4. C

More aggressive FESS

So I have had 2 FESS's in less than 2 years. 1st one I got a small amt of relief, the 2nd I felt worse because it released the dam of infection that was building up. Needless to say no real relief since the last one. I have scheduled another one for January 3. This time they are going to drill...
  5. C

Question for this with CFRD

Since cfrd is a concern for many of us, my question is how is your cfrd managed? Do you control it by diet, do you monitor your sugars throughout the day, do you use oral anti diabetics or do you use insulin? If you use insulin when did you start, was it based on your lab values or just your...
  6. C

Anyone have back pain

I have had back pain for years. The doctors can't seem to figure out what the cause is nor do they want to really check anything more than an X-ray. I started doing my vest again and it aggravates my back. I switched to a new primary and he wants to stop the little bit of meds my old primary...
  7. C

Questions for new primary

I am 34 and looking to try a new primary. Most of my life I go to doctors who know what CF is but very little about how to treat it or what to do if I complain about anything else such as chronic pain that no body know where it comes from or how to treat it. I am going to see a new primary in a...
  8. C

Coughed up tissue?

Has anyone coughed up tissue from their lungs before? This is a first for me and it is a little disturbing.
  9. C

Anyone have chronic pain?

Does anyone have chronic pain, if so how do you manage it? I have chronic back pain for the last 15-20 years (since I was a teenager). I do have an S shape to my spine but no diagnosis of scoliosis. I have told multiple doctors, see a chiropractor, tried physical therapy and exercise but nothing...
  10. C

Recovery time after sinus surgery

How long did it take after surgery before you felt good to do everyday stuff, go out, and return to work. And by go out, I just mean going to the store and visiting family. Also did you have to stay overnight in the hospital, and did you feel like you could have went home that night?
  11. C

Wanting to conceive

My name is Dana, I am 32, diagnosed at 13 months. I just got married in September. My husband and I have been together almost 6 years and we are wanting to start a family. I am relatively healthy lung function wise but my pancrease does not function very well. Also I have CFRD but is controlled...
  12. C

Hello everyone, NY CFer, new to this blog thing

I just turned 28 and have been going to Albany Medical Center for my CF for the past 20 years. In Peds they were aggressive with treatment, visits every two months, throat cultures every time, antibiotics, annual blood draws, x-rays the whole nine yards. I was with out insurance for two years...