Search results

1. B

Obama & Healthcare

Are you concerned with the Healthcare industry becoming socialized in the US? I have a degree in economics and I have lived in Europe under a socialized healthcare system and frankly I am quite concerned about healthcare in the US and where it will be going. If it is up to the government to...
  2. B

Pulmonary Hypertension and CF

I have CF and PH and I find it is quite challenging. I've been to many CF events in which the keynote speakers have been CF patients. I hear several speakers share their stories particularly about some of their exercise routines, many of whom have FEV1 <35%-tile, to which I am surprised. I am at...
  3. B

Considering the choice of not lising.

I am right on the cusp of being listed. I am likely one good exacerbation away from having the numbers. However, I am considering more and more everyday that I do not want to be listed. I have not shared this with anyone except my therapist, and do not anticipate having my wishes easily...
  4. B

Pets

There was an old forum thread on this topic, however I wanted to contribute to the discussion with a current question, as I am presented with a dilemma regarding pets. What would you do? Thanks.
  5. B

Poetry...anyone care to share?

Poetry...anyone care to share? Either your own or a personal favorite... Preferably heart felt and thoughtful poetry, but if limericks are all you have, why not -just keep them clean. Please. Thanks. Oh, if you share your own authored work, please credit yourself.
  6. B

Zyvox, has anyone tried it for MRSA?

Zyvox, has anyone tried it for MRSA? Its quite expensive $70-$100 a pill. If you have had Zyvox, what benefits or side effects did you notice? Did it work for you?
  7. B

Water...How much do you drink a day?

Many have told me that drinking water (not juices or sodas) is key to clearing my airways. I have found this to be true for th most part. How about you? And if so, how much do you drink? On a good day I'll drink 6-9 liters of just water, on a bad day, I'll drink at least 2-3 liters...
  8. B

CF Foundation

I wonder if the CF Foundation is in the business of helping CF patients or in the business of fishing for business for big pharmaceutical companies. What do you think? After all, the Foundation has little to offer in terms of benefiting the average CF patient with financial assistance...
  9. B

Health Insurance

I am in the process of moving out of state and having to pick up a new health insurer. I am finding that I will be likely paying out of pocket for quite a bit of my care, where as before in New Mexico using BC/BS, I payed nothing for perscriptions and about 15% of every hospitalization. My...