Am I bad person?

Mommy2Alysa

I am the mother to two beautiful CF children but sometimes I wish that they werent sick. I wish I didnt have to deal with enzymes, "pat-pats", medications and I wish I could go a day without stressing over a newly developed cold.

I belong to another parenting forum and I read posts about mothers asking questions about colds and stuff and saying things like "I cant believe Johnny has been sick for two days now with this runny nose" I feel like screaming "YOU ARE SO FREAKING LUCKY LADY!"

I love my girls and I wouldnt trade them for the world but sometimes it is just so hard... it could be me stressing over nothing but still..... anyone else feel this way or am I totally alone?

Mommy2Alysa

I am the mother to two beautiful CF children but sometimes I wish that they werent sick. I wish I didnt have to deal with enzymes, "pat-pats", medications and I wish I could go a day without stressing over a newly developed cold.

I belong to another parenting forum and I read posts about mothers asking questions about colds and stuff and saying things like "I cant believe Johnny has been sick for two days now with this runny nose" I feel like screaming "YOU ARE SO FREAKING LUCKY LADY!"

I love my girls and I wouldnt trade them for the world but sometimes it is just so hard... it could be me stressing over nothing but still..... anyone else feel this way or am I totally alone?

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

<br />
<br />I belong to another parenting forum and I read posts about mothers asking questions about colds and stuff and saying things like "I cant believe Johnny has been sick for two days now with this runny nose" I feel like screaming "YOU ARE SO FREAKING LUCKY LADY!"
<br />
<br />I love my girls and I wouldnt trade them for the world but sometimes it is just so hard... it could be me stressing over nothing but still..... anyone else feel this way or am I totally alone?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I had similar feelings this weekend and I only have ONE child. Seems as if all I was doing was preparing neb cups, doing nebs and cpt/vest, boiling nebs, giving ds meds -- felt like I was in the movie Groundhogs day. Same things over and over and over again. Add to that struggling over eating -- or NOT eating and getting the "I'm full" response after one nibble. Struggling over other issues, plus trying to deal with day to day things, some days I just want to run away screaming.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I had similar feelings this weekend and I only have ONE child. Seems as if all I was doing was preparing neb cups, doing nebs and cpt/vest, boiling nebs, giving ds meds -- felt like I was in the movie Groundhogs day. Same things over and over and over again. Add to that struggling over eating -- or NOT eating and getting the "I'm full" response after one nibble. Struggling over other issues, plus trying to deal with day to day things, some days I just want to run away screaming.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

kbsonner

You are not alone! I think every parent feels this way. My son is 10 and I still have days like that.... The alarm goes off to get up and start treatments and meds and I just want to hit snooze and forget about it. This site is a great place for spport and just to vent sometime. Hope this helps some and feel free to ask anything! Kelly

kbsonner

You are not alone! I think every parent feels this way. My son is 10 and I still have days like that.... The alarm goes off to get up and start treatments and meds and I just want to hit snooze and forget about it. This site is a great place for spport and just to vent sometime. Hope this helps some and feel free to ask anything! Kelly

kbsonner

kbsonner

kbsonner

C

Cherylwithone

Same thing here. But with only one. Plus I work full time when I can. (single mom here) One time I was sitting in the waiting room where they do all the surgery and stuff. Malora was having 3 things done that time around. Yes three doctors were and did each take a turn at her. Pulmonary went first with the bronc, then came the surgeon for an ace and then GI for botox in her stomach. While sitting there a mom was carrying on about her child having her adnodes out (sp)and how hard it is on her. I could'nt beleive this lady because the mom next to me just found out that her daughters cancer was back. And my daughter had the doctors piggy back each other.

I don't think we have enough hours in a day to do everything that needs to be done. This site does help with the dealing of stuff.

Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

C

Cherylwithone

Same thing here. But with only one. Plus I work full time when I can. (single mom here) One time I was sitting in the waiting room where they do all the surgery and stuff. Malora was having 3 things done that time around. Yes three doctors were and did each take a turn at her. Pulmonary went first with the bronc, then came the surgeon for an ace and then GI for botox in her stomach. While sitting there a mom was carrying on about her child having her adnodes out (sp)and how hard it is on her. I could'nt beleive this lady because the mom next to me just found out that her daughters cancer was back. And my daughter had the doctors piggy back each other.

I don't think we have enough hours in a day to do everything that needs to be done. This site does help with the dealing of stuff.

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

<br />
<br />I don't think we have enough hours in a day to do everything that needs to be done. This site does help with the dealing of stuff.
<br />
<br />Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf