Prescription Coverage Vent

scrapper1264

Ok...so, my 5yo son started pulmozyme in Nov and has been doing great on it. I found out Monday that my prescription insurance changed so now I have to get the pulmozyme thru mail order since it is considered a specialty drug. I faxed the new presciption (just went to the new CF dr last week and got new scripts) Monday morning and mentioned that he was on his last dose. They called yesterday for payment and told me they were sending it to get filled, and she put a rush on it. So it is now Wed and I still do not have it. I called today to find out the status and another lady said they were waiting for the dr to call them because they could not accept the faxed script even though they asked me to fax it to them on Monday. The lady yesterday did not mention this to me at all. Grrr......

So my concern is that my DS has not had any pulmozyme since Monday night....should I be that concerned if he missed a few days?

scrapper1264

Ok...so, my 5yo son started pulmozyme in Nov and has been doing great on it. I found out Monday that my prescription insurance changed so now I have to get the pulmozyme thru mail order since it is considered a specialty drug. I faxed the new presciption (just went to the new CF dr last week and got new scripts) Monday morning and mentioned that he was on his last dose. They called yesterday for payment and told me they were sending it to get filled, and she put a rush on it. So it is now Wed and I still do not have it. I called today to find out the status and another lady said they were waiting for the dr to call them because they could not accept the faxed script even though they asked me to fax it to them on Monday. The lady yesterday did not mention this to me at all. Grrr......

So my concern is that my DS has not had any pulmozyme since Monday night....should I be that concerned if he missed a few days?

scrapper1264

scrapper1264

scrapper1264

lilismom

Lili's doctor told us it was a maintenance drug. When she was released from the hospital we didn't have a compressor for a couple of days and the Drs weren't concerned about her not getting it for a couple of days.

lilismom

Lili's doctor told us it was a maintenance drug. When she was released from the hospital we didn't have a compressor for a couple of days and the Drs weren't concerned about her not getting it for a couple of days.

lilismom

lilismom

lilismom

robert321

Because pulmozyme works to break down the mucus missing a few doeses isn't as big of a deal as say steroids or antibiotics, depending on the health of you child will change how much of a bad idea it is, he will slowly build up mucus and will probably have an increased sputum when he goes back on it but as long as its only a few days i don't think it is that big of a deal but i would work to light a fire under the mail order pharmacy's butt so to speak

robert321

Because pulmozyme works to break down the mucus missing a few doeses isn't as big of a deal as say steroids or antibiotics, depending on the health of you child will change how much of a bad idea it is, he will slowly build up mucus and will probably have an increased sputum when he goes back on it but as long as its only a few days i don't think it is that big of a deal but i would work to light a fire under the mail order pharmacy's butt so to speak

robert321

robert321

robert321