Prescription Coverage Vent

scrapper1264

Well, all the persistence paid off! I called back about 130pm to see if the pharmacist had recd anything from the dr. NO! So, I explained my situation again and told her I was at my wit's end and did not know what to do anymore. She was very sympathetic and diligent with the dr, and got it worked out. I gave her the appt# to call since you get a real live person and not voice mail. She said just to give her a few mins to work on it and she would call me back - that was so nice of her to do that. The nurse at the dr's office called me too saying she had gotten all my messages and she just faxed what the pharmacy needed. Then I got a call back from the pharmacy saying it would be fed ex'd today - yay!!

scrapper1264

Well, all the persistence paid off! I called back about 130pm to see if the pharmacist had recd anything from the dr. NO! So, I explained my situation again and told her I was at my wit's end and did not know what to do anymore. She was very sympathetic and diligent with the dr, and got it worked out. I gave her the appt# to call since you get a real live person and not voice mail. She said just to give her a few mins to work on it and she would call me back - that was so nice of her to do that. The nurse at the dr's office called me too saying she had gotten all my messages and she just faxed what the pharmacy needed. Then I got a call back from the pharmacy saying it would be fed ex'd today - yay!!

scrapper1264

scrapper1264

scrapper1264

Keirasmom

A suggestion that you may want to ask your doctor for is writing the prescription for twice what you use. For pulmozyme it is written for twice a day instead of once and then you get twice the amount and have some on hand so that you don't run out. My pharmacy is really good about pre-ordering my daughter's pulmozyme so that when I pick up a supply they have another their.
Also you may want to ask your doc about using saline or Hypertonic saline if you run out. It will also keep the mucus thin in their lungs.

Keirasmom

A suggestion that you may want to ask your doctor for is writing the prescription for twice what you use. For pulmozyme it is written for twice a day instead of once and then you get twice the amount and have some on hand so that you don't run out. My pharmacy is really good about pre-ordering my daughter's pulmozyme so that when I pick up a supply they have another their.
Also you may want to ask your doc about using saline or Hypertonic saline if you run out. It will also keep the mucus thin in their lungs.

Keirasmom

Keirasmom

Keirasmom

S

semperfiohana

they probably didn't accept the fax that came from you cause it didn't come from a doctor's office. it's so stupid, but that's probably what happened. believe me i'm not sticking up for the pharamacy. they are all a pain. i had a problem with my enyzmes. i had ordered them and had only a few days left when i finally realized i hadn't gotten them. so i called my mail order pharamacy and they hadn't even been shipped! i was going to run out, which would mean i can't eat. so i had to get a number to give to another pharamacy locally to over ride their system so they would fill my enyzme prescription until my mail order came through. also see if your mail order will let you do three months at a time. that's how my parents old insurance was and that's how my insurance is now (i can either go to the base or use the mail order, which i find mail order so much easier). insurance all around is just a pain in the butt. hopefully you get everything worked out and get it all taken care of soon!

S

semperfiohana

they probably didn't accept the fax that came from you cause it didn't come from a doctor's office. it's so stupid, but that's probably what happened. believe me i'm not sticking up for the pharamacy. they are all a pain. i had a problem with my enyzmes. i had ordered them and had only a few days left when i finally realized i hadn't gotten them. so i called my mail order pharamacy and they hadn't even been shipped! i was going to run out, which would mean i can't eat. so i had to get a number to give to another pharamacy locally to over ride their system so they would fill my enyzme prescription until my mail order came through. also see if your mail order will let you do three months at a time. that's how my parents old insurance was and that's how my insurance is now (i can either go to the base or use the mail order, which i find mail order so much easier). insurance all around is just a pain in the butt. hopefully you get everything worked out and get it all taken care of soon!

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana