Prescription Coverage Vent

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh, sounds like the trouble we had when we got under the tobi foundation -- would call and get told a different story each time from a different customer service rep. Was maddening!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh, sounds like the trouble we had when we got under the tobi foundation -- would call and get told a different story each time from a different customer service rep. Was maddening!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

scrapper1264

I'm trying to light the fire this morning - thanks for the advice. I called the pharmacy again and they said they still had not recd the script from the dr. So, I just left a voice mail for the dr and wrote an e-mail too since they have 24 hrs to respond to a phone call. Right now I'm thinking, wow, I'm such a nuisance, but then I think about my son's health and the thought goes away!!!

scrapper1264

I'm trying to light the fire this morning - thanks for the advice. I called the pharmacy again and they said they still had not recd the script from the dr. So, I just left a voice mail for the dr and wrote an e-mail too since they have 24 hrs to respond to a phone call. Right now I'm thinking, wow, I'm such a nuisance, but then I think about my son's health and the thought goes away!!!

scrapper1264

scrapper1264

scrapper1264

pjspiegle

You are right! It has been my experience over the last 14 years of this that i have to be an advocate for him ALL the time.
I have even written letters to appeal things for the pulmonary doc to sign because I find that they are so busy sometimes that if I really want it to get done, I need to do some of the leg work for them. The good thing for me is that our pulmonary doc does not mind and he is happy to read it and sign it and is grateful not to have to type it himself or dictate to someone.
As far as pharmacies go, I to often call and email the doc and nurse to make sure they even got a message from the pharmacy because I can't tell you how many time a pharmacy had told me stuff to find out that the doc never got a message from them and had no idea that they needed a phone call from him.
It is probably ok that your child misses a couple of days, but that is not the point. However, I might check with the doc because sometimes they have samples that they can give you until you get your script filled.

Lots of Luck, It does get very irritating at times that we have to work so hard to get our kids what they need!

pjspiegle

You are right! It has been my experience over the last 14 years of this that i have to be an advocate for him ALL the time.
I have even written letters to appeal things for the pulmonary doc to sign because I find that they are so busy sometimes that if I really want it to get done, I need to do some of the leg work for them. The good thing for me is that our pulmonary doc does not mind and he is happy to read it and sign it and is grateful not to have to type it himself or dictate to someone.
As far as pharmacies go, I to often call and email the doc and nurse to make sure they even got a message from the pharmacy because I can't tell you how many time a pharmacy had told me stuff to find out that the doc never got a message from them and had no idea that they needed a phone call from him.
It is probably ok that your child misses a couple of days, but that is not the point. However, I might check with the doc because sometimes they have samples that they can give you until you get your script filled.

Lots of Luck, It does get very irritating at times that we have to work so hard to get our kids what they need!

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

folione

The problem is most likely that the fax had to come from the Dr.'s office - that's the case with my insurance. I just changed insurers also and am in the process of switching over a bunch of prescriptions for my son to the new mail order place. For the one we need soonest, I've called the pharmacy and Dr. office twice this week to make sure they're staying on top of it and doing the right paperwork with each other - it is all working according what the system says should happen so far, but my basic practice is to expect everyone in the system to make at least one mistake that won't get caught unless I track their every move. They make enormous amounts of money off us for these drugs so I'm not the least bit self-conscious about calling the pharmacy as many times as it takes for me to be certain its getting taken care of.

folione

The problem is most likely that the fax had to come from the Dr.'s office - that's the case with my insurance. I just changed insurers also and am in the process of switching over a bunch of prescriptions for my son to the new mail order place. For the one we need soonest, I've called the pharmacy and Dr. office twice this week to make sure they're staying on top of it and doing the right paperwork with each other - it is all working according what the system says should happen so far, but my basic practice is to expect everyone in the system to make at least one mistake that won't get caught unless I track their every move. They make enormous amounts of money off us for these drugs so I'm not the least bit self-conscious about calling the pharmacy as many times as it takes for me to be certain its getting taken care of.

folione

folione

folione