Questin for those who use Albuterol in an inhaler

Diane

I am just curious about something. The protocol is you do 2 puffs every 6- 8 hours or however often. Many times i have done one puff and got so busy online and totally forgot if i did the second puff or not. Has anyone ever done three ? I cant imagine it would do any harm, and if i am correct i have seen my boyfriend do 3 before when 2 didnt do the trick well enough (he has asthma). Has anyone done 3 intentionally? or even accidentally? Any bad effects from doing 3? I hate to not do another one when i think i may have only done one but am not totally sure. Did that make sense?

Diane

I am just curious about something. The protocol is you do 2 puffs every 6- 8 hours or however often. Many times i have done one puff and got so busy online and totally forgot if i did the second puff or not. Has anyone ever done three ? I cant imagine it would do any harm, and if i am correct i have seen my boyfriend do 3 before when 2 didnt do the trick well enough (he has asthma). Has anyone done 3 intentionally? or even accidentally? Any bad effects from doing 3? I hate to not do another one when i think i may have only done one but am not totally sure. Did that make sense?

Diane

Diane

Diane

<br />
<br />

Nightwriter

I can only tell you what my doctor told me to do when I was taking albuterol (the normal dose was 2 puffs every 4 hours). She said I could go up to 4 puffs if necessary if I was having a problem (if I remember correctly 4 puffs worth is what is in the nebulized form of the drug.) If you take too much albuterol, someone can have a heart attack.

I don't know what the max is for Xoponex puff which may be entirely different.

Nightwriter

I can only tell you what my doctor told me to do when I was taking albuterol (the normal dose was 2 puffs every 4 hours). She said I could go up to 4 puffs if necessary if I was having a problem (if I remember correctly 4 puffs worth is what is in the nebulized form of the drug.) If you take too much albuterol, someone can have a heart attack.

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

<br />
<br />I don't know what the max is for Xoponex puff which may be entirely different.

Havoc

You would have a hard time overdosing yourself on albuterol. Its more of a beta-2 specific bronchodilator and wont tach our your heartrate like some of the older drugs (i.e. alupent) if you take a bunch. My general rule is I puff till I feel better.

Havoc

You would have a hard time overdosing yourself on albuterol. Its more of a beta-2 specific bronchodilator and wont tach our your heartrate like some of the older drugs (i.e. alupent) if you take a bunch. My general rule is I puff till I feel better.

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc

Nightwriter

Jonathan,

I only know what my doctor tells me. She had a patient that had a really bad asthma attack. The woman decided to treat herself by taking 2 puffs of albuteral every five minutes and died. If you look up albuterol and heart attack, it's association is in the literature.

Nightwriter

Jonathan,

I only know what my doctor tells me. She had a patient that had a really bad asthma attack. The woman decided to treat herself by taking 2 puffs of albuteral every five minutes and died. If you look up albuterol and heart attack, it's association is in the literature.

Nightwriter

Jonathan,

Nightwriter

Jonathan,

Nightwriter

Jonathan,
<br />
<br />I only know what my doctor tells me. She had a patient that had a really bad asthma attack. The woman decided to treat herself by taking 2 puffs of albuteral every five minutes and died. If you look up albuterol and heart attack, it's association is in the literature.