Regarding Suicide

Faust

Not to mention that when these religious laws were written by men, life was *VERY* hard and it was *VERY* hard to just get by. Collectively, everyone was needed (to be alive) in order to continue to power/fund the state and religious institutions. If you kill yourself, you can do neither of those all important things, not to mention it hobbles your family (considering it would most likely be the father or mother - caregivers - who would kill themselves, and further impede their children to be producers for either institution). How do you get people to not do something? Tell them some all powerful judgmental person in the sky that watches every move they make, will torture/punish them for eternity (eternity is hard to grasp when the average lifespan was a max of 40 years), and never let you see your friends or family during that time, if you do this particular act that he has forbade everyone to do. Like I have said before, i'm somewhat agnostic, but very spiritual. If I believe in a God, I believe in a God that is comprised of love, understanding, and empathy. A god that is comprised of such traits, would not view someone ending their life due to unimaginable suffering, as something that should be punished.

BTW I'm sure i'll be accused of "bashing" religion. It's not my intent. If others on here can proclaim their deep religious love for god and his will and rules for us, etc...Why can't I share my opinion? Let's all temper our emotions, and not respond with direct flames. I know politics and religion are the two topics that people want to avoid to avoid conflict, but it really helps to think before you let your passionate ideals take hold of your brain.

Faust

Not to mention that when these religious laws were written by men, life was *VERY* hard and it was *VERY* hard to just get by. Collectively, everyone was needed (to be alive) in order to continue to power/fund the state and religious institutions. If you kill yourself, you can do neither of those all important things, not to mention it hobbles your family (considering it would most likely be the father or mother - caregivers - who would kill themselves, and further impede their children to be producers for either institution). How do you get people to not do something? Tell them some all powerful judgmental person in the sky that watches every move they make, will torture/punish them for eternity (eternity is hard to grasp when the average lifespan was a max of 40 years), and never let you see your friends or family during that time, if you do this particular act that he has forbade everyone to do. Like I have said before, i'm somewhat agnostic, but very spiritual. If I believe in a God, I believe in a God that is comprised of love, understanding, and empathy. A god that is comprised of such traits, would not view someone ending their life due to unimaginable suffering, as something that should be punished.

BTW I'm sure i'll be accused of "bashing" religion. It's not my intent. If others on here can proclaim their deep religious love for god and his will and rules for us, etc...Why can't I share my opinion? Let's all temper our emotions, and not respond with direct flames. I know politics and religion are the two topics that people want to avoid to avoid conflict, but it really helps to think before you let your passionate ideals take hold of your brain.

Faust

Faust

Faust

debs2girls

I am not going to reply on this topic because I dont want to start anything or add fuel to a fire.

I did want to say that it is written beautifully and tastefully...good job.

debs2girls

I am not going to reply on this topic because I dont want to start anything or add fuel to a fire.

debs2girls

debs2girls

debs2girls

Ricky123

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Faust</b></i>

BTW I'm sure i'll be accused of "bashing" religion. It's not my intent. If others on here can proclaim their deep religious love for god and his will and rules for us, etc...Why can't I share my opinion? Let's all temper our emotions, and not respond with direct flames. I know politics and religion are the two topics that people want to avoid to avoid conflict, but it really helps to think before you let your passionate ideals take hold of your brain.</end quote></div>
i read something quite intersting in a article in a science magazine not so long ago ,and it said something quite insightful, many scientists claim that what created the universe was the big bang but scientists have realised that a big bang to create life on earth as we know it ie all the gasses in the right place to support life,everything so finely balanced as we know it now is around 1 chance in a million , so according to the scientists a big bang could not have created such a delicatly balanced ecosytem there is in effect a higher power that we are not aware of

Ricky123

BTW I'm sure i'll be accused of "bashing" religion. It's not my intent. If others on here can proclaim their deep religious love for god and his will and rules for us, etc...Why can't I share my opinion? Let's all temper our emotions, and not respond with direct flames. I know politics and religion are the two topics that people want to avoid to avoid conflict, but it really helps to think before you let your passionate ideals take hold of your brain.</end quote></div>
i read something quite intersting in a article in a science magazine not so long ago ,and it said something quite insightful, many scientists claim that what created the universe was the big bang but scientists have realised that a big bang to create life on earth as we know it ie all the gasses in the right place to support life,everything so finely balanced as we know it now is around 1 chance in a million , so according to the scientists a big bang could not have created such a delicatly balanced ecosytem there is in effect a higher power that we are not aware of

Ricky123

Ricky123

BTW I'm sure i'll be accused of "bashing" religion. It's not my intent. If others on here can proclaim their deep religious love for god and his will and rules for us, etc...Why can't I share my opinion? Let's all temper our emotions, and not respond with direct flames. I know politics and religion are the two topics that people want to avoid to avoid conflict, but it really helps to think before you let your passionate ideals take hold of your brain.</end quote>

Ricky123

BTW I'm sure i'll be accused of "bashing" religion. It's not my intent. If others on here can proclaim their deep religious love for god and his will and rules for us, etc...Why can't I share my opinion? Let's all temper our emotions, and not respond with direct flames. I know politics and religion are the two topics that people want to avoid to avoid conflict, but it really helps to think before you let your passionate ideals take hold of your brain.</end quote>

kswitch

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Ricky123</b></i>

many scientists claim that what created the universe was the big bang but scientists have realised that a big bang to create life on earth as we know it ie all the gasses in the right place to support life,everything so finely balanced as we know it now is around 1 chance in a million , so according to the scientists a big bang could not have created such a delicatly balanced ecosytem there is in effect a higher power that we are not aware of</end quote></div>

well considering that there are trillions of stars, and billions of planets, it seems that that one in amillion is a rather common occurance.

regarding the big bang, there is nothing saying that it only happened once. theoretical physicists postulate that the universe may eventually begin to compress (search 'the big crunch'), essentially setting the stage for another big bang. this thoeretical process could easily be endless, cycling through an infinte number of times. bottom line, all probabilities accounted for, life is inevitable some place, some time. no matter when this is on a cosmic scale it will always be now to us.

kswitch

many scientists claim that what created the universe was the big bang but scientists have realised that a big bang to create life on earth as we know it ie all the gasses in the right place to support life,everything so finely balanced as we know it now is around 1 chance in a million , so according to the scientists a big bang could not have created such a delicatly balanced ecosytem there is in effect a higher power that we are not aware of</end quote></div>

well considering that there are trillions of stars, and billions of planets, it seems that that one in amillion is a rather common occurance.

regarding the big bang, there is nothing saying that it only happened once. theoretical physicists postulate that the universe may eventually begin to compress (search 'the big crunch'), essentially setting the stage for another big bang. this thoeretical process could easily be endless, cycling through an infinte number of times. bottom line, all probabilities accounted for, life is inevitable some place, some time. no matter when this is on a cosmic scale it will always be now to us.

kswitch

kswitch

many scientists claim that what created the universe was the big bang but scientists have realised that a big bang to create life on earth as we know it ie all the gasses in the right place to support life,everything so finely balanced as we know it now is around 1 chance in a million , so according to the scientists a big bang could not have created such a delicatly balanced ecosytem there is in effect a higher power that we are not aware of</end quote>

kswitch

many scientists claim that what created the universe was the big bang but scientists have realised that a big bang to create life on earth as we know it ie all the gasses in the right place to support life,everything so finely balanced as we know it now is around 1 chance in a million , so according to the scientists a big bang could not have created such a delicatly balanced ecosytem there is in effect a higher power that we are not aware of</end quote>