Regarding Suicide

kswitch

what i don't understand with this god's will balogne is, it's god's will if someone else kills us (i.e. mercy killing, or murder), but it's cant be god's will that we kill ourselves? with murder, someone chose to end our life, are we, the victim condemned, or was this god's will? why is this not the case if we choose to end our own life? perhaps god has spoken to us, and this is what we are to do. hypothetically of course.

sorry so scattered, i have to catch a bus in 5 mins!!

kswitch

what i don't understand with this god's will balogne is, it's god's will if someone else kills us (i.e. mercy killing, or murder), but it's cant be god's will that we kill ourselves? with murder, someone chose to end our life, are we, the victim condemned, or was this god's will? why is this not the case if we choose to end our own life? perhaps god has spoken to us, and this is what we are to do. hypothetically of course.

kswitch

kswitch

kswitch

Pete

"Gods will" is a thing that people use to explain something they can't understand, comprehend, believe or have the emotional tools to deal with.

Same thing as fate. Fate is something people believe in to take away from the fact that they are responsible for their actions.

Blaming God, or the universe is a way some attempt to justify the unjustifiable.

Pete

"Gods will" is a thing that people use to explain something they can't understand, comprehend, believe or have the emotional tools to deal with.

Same thing as fate. Fate is something people believe in to take away from the fact that they are responsible for their actions.

Blaming God, or the universe is a way some attempt to justify the unjustifiable.

Pete

Pete

Pete

Faust

I gave up trying to think logically or attempt to connect other points to illustrate my feelings regarding religion a long time ago. Some people dig it and need it, others do not. I personally feel it's a thought process brought about to create a surrogate to replace our parental protective models in our mind. We need to be told everything will be ok, and no matter what, our life isn't pointless, and we are special little snow flakes. I personally don't care either way. If it's the drug you need to get by in this life, by all means shoot away. It's certainly less destructive (unless you are an extremist) that heroin or other crutches people use to get by in life. But I digress from the original main idea of this thread. I have discussed self mercy killing with many people in many hypothetical situations, and I have received many versions of "I'd never do that because it's not God's will/It's the unpardonable sin/I'd burn for eternity/Never get to see my family when they die..." etc, etc. I am far from an atheist, but I would think that if an all powerful being based of love and understanding is really out there, he would fully understand and empathize with someones plight, and not hold it against them if there is indeed a happy land filled with puppy dogs and endless silly string with your dead great grandpa after you die.

Faust

I gave up trying to think logically or attempt to connect other points to illustrate my feelings regarding religion a long time ago. Some people dig it and need it, others do not. I personally feel it's a thought process brought about to create a surrogate to replace our parental protective models in our mind. We need to be told everything will be ok, and no matter what, our life isn't pointless, and we are special little snow flakes. I personally don't care either way. If it's the drug you need to get by in this life, by all means shoot away. It's certainly less destructive (unless you are an extremist) that heroin or other crutches people use to get by in life. But I digress from the original main idea of this thread. I have discussed self mercy killing with many people in many hypothetical situations, and I have received many versions of "I'd never do that because it's not God's will/It's the unpardonable sin/I'd burn for eternity/Never get to see my family when they die..." etc, etc. I am far from an atheist, but I would think that if an all powerful being based of love and understanding is really out there, he would fully understand and empathize with someones plight, and not hold it against them if there is indeed a happy land filled with puppy dogs and endless silly string with your dead great grandpa after you die.

Faust

Faust

Faust

65rosessamurai

Freedom of Choice...Religion would seem to be a basis (or guidline) for those who feel suicide is the best way out, to give them a little "fear of God" in them to not go through with it.
However, those same religions stated that one of God's gifts to Mankind is the freedom of choice, which includes whether to commit suicide, or not, whether to believe in God, or not...however, though everything is a case-by-case situation, those who are already suffering mental instability and take their own lives would be put under a different catagory.
that's my two yen.

65rosessamurai

Freedom of Choice...Religion would seem to be a basis (or guidline) for those who feel suicide is the best way out, to give them a little "fear of God" in them to not go through with it.
However, those same religions stated that one of God's gifts to Mankind is the freedom of choice, which includes whether to commit suicide, or not, whether to believe in God, or not...however, though everything is a case-by-case situation, those who are already suffering mental instability and take their own lives would be put under a different catagory.
that's my two yen.

65rosessamurai

that's my two yen.

65rosessamurai

that's my two yen.

65rosessamurai

that's my two yen.