2 children in same grade with CF

TestifyToLove

Personally I would not use the same classroom. I'd already want non-shared supplies as much as possible. But, if the only option was to share a classroom at different times, I'd opt to either drive my child elsewhere or to homeschool. I wouldn't want either child to be unable to use their own classroom out of fear. But, I absolutely wouldn't want to have that contact exposure either.

We've got a family in our girl's Girl Scout troop with 2 CFers. Picking up our daughters last week, we accidentally walked the boys past each other. Niether of us was okay with that. So, we had the boys get a good look at each other through a car window and both agreed that from now on we'll carry masks and the boys will wear them when picking up the girls just in case we come in contact unexpectedly again.

The boys all culture the same things, ironically. But, niether of us are comfortable with contact for the sake of our kiddos health.

TestifyToLove

Personally I would not use the same classroom. I'd already want non-shared supplies as much as possible. But, if the only option was to share a classroom at different times, I'd opt to either drive my child elsewhere or to homeschool. I wouldn't want either child to be unable to use their own classroom out of fear. But, I absolutely wouldn't want to have that contact exposure either.

We've got a family in our girl's Girl Scout troop with 2 CFers. Picking up our daughters last week, we accidentally walked the boys past each other. Niether of us was okay with that. So, we had the boys get a good look at each other through a car window and both agreed that from now on we'll carry masks and the boys will wear them when picking up the girls just in case we come in contact unexpectedly again.

The boys all culture the same things, ironically. But, niether of us are comfortable with contact for the sake of our kiddos health.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />We've got a family in our girl's Girl Scout troop with 2 CFers. Picking up our daughters last week, we accidentally walked the boys past each other. Niether of us was okay with that. So, we had the boys get a good look at each other through a car window and both agreed that from now on we'll carry masks and the boys will wear them when picking up the girls just in case we come in contact unexpectedly again.
<br />
<br />The boys all culture the same things, ironically. But, niether of us are comfortable with contact for the sake of our kiddos health.

alyssabeth2002

My son attending the same kindergarten with the sibling of a child who had Cf and he was constantly sick. I was going to switch his class but the other boy was taken out for other reasons before I did. Some of the bacteria that can be spread can take up to 24 hours to die in the air or on a hard surface and all the wiping in the world does not kill them as I learned last year. Some bacteria that can harm CF patients cannot even been killed by bleach. I don't mean to scare you but I learned the hard way why they don't want CF patients who are not related around each other.

alyssabeth2002

My son attending the same kindergarten with the sibling of a child who had Cf and he was constantly sick. I was going to switch his class but the other boy was taken out for other reasons before I did. Some of the bacteria that can be spread can take up to 24 hours to die in the air or on a hard surface and all the wiping in the world does not kill them as I learned last year. Some bacteria that can harm CF patients cannot even been killed by bleach. I don't mean to scare you but I learned the hard way why they don't want CF patients who are not related around each other.

alyssabeth2002

alyssabeth2002

alyssabeth2002