5 out 8 children have now been tested

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>holmfamily1992</b></i>

What I am wondering is, is it possible for me to have CF and test negative on the sweat chloride? My sweat Chloride was a 28. I had them test me yesterday because my asthma is getting worse the older I get.

Tina</end quote></div>

Yes, that is possible. There are quite a few people that have had negative sweat test and then later 2 mutations were found.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>holmfamily1992</b></i>

What I am wondering is, is it possible for me to have CF and test negative on the sweat chloride? My sweat Chloride was a 28. I had them test me yesterday because my asthma is getting worse the older I get.

Tina</end quote></div>

Yes, that is possible. There are quite a few people that have had negative sweat test and then later 2 mutations were found.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

Tina</end quote></div>

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

Tina</end quote>

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />What I am wondering is, is it possible for me to have CF and test negative on the sweat chloride? My sweat Chloride was a 28. I had them test me yesterday because my asthma is getting worse the older I get.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Tina</end quote>
<br />
<br />Yes, that is possible. There are quite a few people that have had negative sweat test and then later 2 mutations were found.

Alyssa

Yup, so far 3 children have CF. What scares me is that one of my sons that is a positive is 20 years old, 6'3"and weighs 200 pounds. We just scratch our heads on that one.

We also have 2 boarderline. Dylan was boarderline also. That is why they need to test us.

</end quote></div>

My son is 22 years old 5"11" 198 lbs. with a sweat test of 41. Confirmed Delta F508 and R117H. My daughter has the same mutations with sweat tests at 38. They are both pancreatic sufficient. The R117H is known for most often times allowing for pancreatic sufficiency... if your "big guy" has this gene chances are he is PI, so that would be why he doesn't have any size/weight issues.

Alyssa

Yup, so far 3 children have CF. What scares me is that one of my sons that is a positive is 20 years old, 6'3"and weighs 200 pounds. We just scratch our heads on that one.

We also have 2 boarderline. Dylan was boarderline also. That is why they need to test us.

</end quote></div>

My son is 22 years old 5"11" 198 lbs. with a sweat test of 41. Confirmed Delta F508 and R117H. My daughter has the same mutations with sweat tests at 38. They are both pancreatic sufficient. The R117H is known for most often times allowing for pancreatic sufficiency... if your "big guy" has this gene chances are he is PI, so that would be why he doesn't have any size/weight issues.

Alyssa

</end quote></div>

Alyssa

</end quote>

Alyssa

<br />
<br />Yup, so far 3 children have CF. What scares me is that one of my sons that is a positive is 20 years old, 6'3"and weighs 200 pounds. We just scratch our heads on that one.
<br />
<br />We also have 2 boarderline. Dylan was boarderline also. That is why they need to test us.
<br />
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />My son is 22 years old 5"11" 198 lbs. with a sweat test of 41. Confirmed Delta F508 and R117H. My daughter has the same mutations with sweat tests at 38. They are both pancreatic sufficient. The R117H is known for most often times allowing for pancreatic sufficiency... if your "big guy" has this gene chances are he is PI, so that would be why he doesn't have any size/weight issues.

MargaritaChic

I wish I could reach through the screen and hug you.

Try to take one day at a time. Just get through each day as it comes.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />Try to take one day at a time. Just get through each day as it comes.
<br />
<br />You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.