50th Birthday for a CFer

bharison

Happy Belated Birthday! Congratulations on the 50th!
<br />
<br />I just had my 65th birthday May 30th. Talk about old! I was only officially diagnosed with CF last year after years of lung problems. I lost my sister 40 years ago to CF. She was 21 years old. Back then I had sweat test and was told I was a carrier w/symptoms. We were both always sick she was just sicker. I am pancreatic sufficient and DF508 and R117H. After several years of steady declining lung capacity I finally got a referral to a pulmonary doc that specializes in CF adults. He finally got it and I am doing much better with all the CF treatment protocols.
<br />
<br />So perhaps I will around a bit longer. I have always swum laps 3x a week and think that is also why I am still here.
<br />
<br />BMH
<br />Ventura, CA
<br />
<br />

W

welshwitch

Wow, BMH! Thanks for sharing your story. Just another example of how the face of CF is changing.....

W

welshwitch

Wow, BMH! Thanks for sharing your story. Just another example of how the face of CF is changing.....

W

welshwitch

sunshine5637

<P>I know I'm a little behind...but happy birthday!  I think it's awesome that you are 50.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Great encouragement!</P>

sunshine5637

<P>I know I'm a little behind...but happy birthday! I think it's awesome that you are 50.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Great encouragement!</P>

sunshine5637

<P>I know I'm a little behind...but happy birthday! I think it's awesome that you are 50.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Great encouragement!<BR></P>

ymikhale

thank you so much for posting this! my dd has the same mutation so it surely gives me hope! and happy birthday of course!

ymikhale

thank you so much for posting this! my dd has the same mutation so it surely gives me hope! and happy birthday of course!

ymikhale