6th months Pregnant & Concern

dchavez5

Hi, I'm pregnant and this is my first child. We're very excited, but we found out our child has inherited both of our CF genes. I would like to know what to expect after giving birth? What type of they will run on my baby, besides the sweat test? Any suggestions how to set up the baby room for a CF Child or other rooms in the house, such as air filters, etc. I'm assuming I'm appointed to a pediatric pulmonary physician after the baby's diagnois? I've tried to make several calls to physicians that fall under my medical plan so I can prepare, but none of them have called me back. I just want to be ready and prepare when my baby comes. any suggestions.

dchavez5

Hi, I'm pregnant and this is my first child. We're very excited, but we found out our child has inherited both of our CF genes. I would like to know what to expect after giving birth? What type of they will run on my baby, besides the sweat test? Any suggestions how to set up the baby room for a CF Child or other rooms in the house, such as air filters, etc. I'm assuming I'm appointed to a pediatric pulmonary physician after the baby's diagnois? I've tried to make several calls to physicians that fall under my medical plan so I can prepare, but none of them have called me back. I just want to be ready and prepare when my baby comes. any suggestions.

dchavez5

dchavez5

dchavez5

H

hopesiris

You'd probably do better to post in the Families section. Most of us have healthy babies and some of us are adult diagnosed and unfamiliar with infant CF care.

Your baby needs to go to an accredited CF clinic, there is a list of them on this site. The clinic will run all the necessary tests and decide what treatments should be started. Perhaps you can go in an talk with someone now so you are better prepared. The nice thing about CF clinics is that they are there for you 24/7, so when your baby gets sick you get treatment much faster than with a regular physician.

You are better off with the baby in your room for the first 6 months, especially if you are breastfeeding. Breastfeeding for the first 2 years (or feeding expressed breast milk in a cup) could have a very positive impact on your childs health. Keeping dust and pet dander under control (no carpets, etc) might help too.

You've come to the right place, I'm sure you will get all of the information you need from this site.

Bonnie

H

hopesiris

You'd probably do better to post in the Families section. Most of us have healthy babies and some of us are adult diagnosed and unfamiliar with infant CF care.

Your baby needs to go to an accredited CF clinic, there is a list of them on this site. The clinic will run all the necessary tests and decide what treatments should be started. Perhaps you can go in an talk with someone now so you are better prepared. The nice thing about CF clinics is that they are there for you 24/7, so when your baby gets sick you get treatment much faster than with a regular physician.

You are better off with the baby in your room for the first 6 months, especially if you are breastfeeding. Breastfeeding for the first 2 years (or feeding expressed breast milk in a cup) could have a very positive impact on your childs health. Keeping dust and pet dander under control (no carpets, etc) might help too.

You've come to the right place, I'm sure you will get all of the information you need from this site.

Bonnie

H

hopesiris

Bonnie

H

hopesiris

Bonnie

H

hopesiris

Bonnie

fondreflections

Talk to LouLou, Lauren. She could give you the BEST advice.

She (with CF) and her husband just had a baby that has CF. Her hubby was tested for CF genes and came up negative. Low and behold, the baby was born with CF anyway. She could give you the BEST advice.

fondreflections

She (with CF) and her husband just had a baby that has CF. Her hubby was tested for CF genes and came up negative. Low and behold, the baby was born with CF anyway. She could give you the BEST advice.

fondreflections

fondreflections

fondreflections