aah need help!

so ive been on prednisone and im getting lowered down to 20 mg every other day.
well since i started taking it ive lost like 15 pounds or so.
and i cant fit my size 3 jeans which is ridiculous to me.
haha.
well since i have cfrd aka cystic fibrosis related diabetes i also have to manage my blood sugars which is EXTREMELY difficult for me.

i need to gain weight and i have no idea how i can do this.
ive been eating sooooo much food and its just not working.
plus i already have a super fast metabolism considering no one in my family is overweight and were all pretty skinny.
:/

has anyone else had this problem? and what foods can i eat or what can i do to gain weight?
im currently at 99.5 lbs. and i want to get to 108 then farther if possible.

haha.
well since i have cfrd aka cystic fibrosis related diabetes i also have to manage my blood sugars which is EXTREMELY difficult for me.

plus i already have a super fast metabolism considering no one in my family is overweight and were all pretty skinny.

has anyone else had this problem? and what foods can i eat or what can i do to gain weight?

haha.

haha.

<br />well since i started taking it ive lost like 15 pounds or so.
<br />and i cant fit my size 3 jeans which is ridiculous to me.
<br />haha.
<br />well since i have cfrd aka cystic fibrosis related diabetes i also have to manage my blood sugars which is EXTREMELY difficult for me.
<br />
<br />i need to gain weight and i have no idea how i can do this.
<br />ive been eating sooooo much food and its just not working.
<br />plus i already have a super fast metabolism considering no one in my family is overweight and were all pretty skinny.
<br />:/
<br />
<br />has anyone else had this problem? and what foods can i eat or what can i do to gain weight?
<br />im currently at 99.5 lbs. and i want to get to 108 then farther if possible.

mariahsmommy

One suggestion would be to consider a g-tube if your weight is affecting your lung function. My daughter has done amazing with her g-tube and we are so very thankful for it. Also, have you tried increasing your protein intake with any kind of protein shakes? Coconut oil is a great fat for cfers. You can add it to anything and it is great to cook with. I sauteed my vegetable in it and also fry my meats with it. Good luck!

mariahsmommy

One suggestion would be to consider a g-tube if your weight is affecting your lung function. My daughter has done amazing with her g-tube and we are so very thankful for it. Also, have you tried increasing your protein intake with any kind of protein shakes? Coconut oil is a great fat for cfers. You can add it to anything and it is great to cook with. I sauteed my vegetable in it and also fry my meats with it. Good luck!

mariahsmommy

mariahsmommy

mariahsmommy

AR2488

Hey whats up?
A g-tube is always the best idea for gaining weight. However, it is the most annoying and sometimes uncomfortable thing to have. I had one from when I was 13 to when i was 16. It did wonders but it bothered me. I eventually took it out. Since you only care about gaining about ten pounds, you can do it through eating. For extra calories I do a number of things. One, I take scandishakes which are a great source of fat and calories. Two, I eat a lot of things that contain protein such as chicken, fish and nuts. I also try to eat something late at night. Not only is it like a fourth meal but it helps in the sense that I dont burn it off because I go to bed soon after. Also, and I know this is more of a guy thing, but putting on muscle really helps. It gives you weight and you just feel good physically. Im not saying you should be a bodybuilder, but muscle gain is as good as fat. And lastly, at least for me, taking care of the lungs makes weight gain a lot easier. My appetite is better when my lungs are better and not as many calories are used to fight infection. Anyway I hope this helps. I am currently struggling with my weight as well, so I know how you feel. Good luck.

Aaron Rossman
21 Y/O with cf.

AR2488

Hey whats up?
A g-tube is always the best idea for gaining weight. However, it is the most annoying and sometimes uncomfortable thing to have. I had one from when I was 13 to when i was 16. It did wonders but it bothered me. I eventually took it out. Since you only care about gaining about ten pounds, you can do it through eating. For extra calories I do a number of things. One, I take scandishakes which are a great source of fat and calories. Two, I eat a lot of things that contain protein such as chicken, fish and nuts. I also try to eat something late at night. Not only is it like a fourth meal but it helps in the sense that I dont burn it off because I go to bed soon after. Also, and I know this is more of a guy thing, but putting on muscle really helps. It gives you weight and you just feel good physically. Im not saying you should be a bodybuilder, but muscle gain is as good as fat. And lastly, at least for me, taking care of the lungs makes weight gain a lot easier. My appetite is better when my lungs are better and not as many calories are used to fight infection. Anyway I hope this helps. I am currently struggling with my weight as well, so I know how you feel. Good luck.

Aaron Rossman
21 Y/O with cf.

AR2488

Hey whats up?

Aaron Rossman
21 Y/O with cf.

AR2488

Hey whats up?

Aaron Rossman
21 Y/O with cf.

AR2488

Hey whats up?
<br />A g-tube is always the best idea for gaining weight. However, it is the most annoying and sometimes uncomfortable thing to have. I had one from when I was 13 to when i was 16. It did wonders but it bothered me. I eventually took it out. Since you only care about gaining about ten pounds, you can do it through eating. For extra calories I do a number of things. One, I take scandishakes which are a great source of fat and calories. Two, I eat a lot of things that contain protein such as chicken, fish and nuts. I also try to eat something late at night. Not only is it like a fourth meal but it helps in the sense that I dont burn it off because I go to bed soon after. Also, and I know this is more of a guy thing, but putting on muscle really helps. It gives you weight and you just feel good physically. Im not saying you should be a bodybuilder, but muscle gain is as good as fat. And lastly, at least for me, taking care of the lungs makes weight gain a lot easier. My appetite is better when my lungs are better and not as many calories are used to fight infection. Anyway I hope this helps. I am currently struggling with my weight as well, so I know how you feel. Good luck.
<br />
<br />Aaron Rossman
<br />21 Y/O with cf.

SarasotaCFMom

My daughter has issues with weight gain too... She's 12 now and a very healthy eater so we have had to find alternatives to junk food... some ideas are increase your dairy, try mixing whole milk with half and half... instead of drinking a chocolate milk, make a carnation instant breakfast, if you drink about 3 of these a day with the whole milk, half and half mixture, it may help and its not that much of a food adjustment
Good luck

SarasotaCFMom

My daughter has issues with weight gain too... She's 12 now and a very healthy eater so we have had to find alternatives to junk food... some ideas are increase your dairy, try mixing whole milk with half and half... instead of drinking a chocolate milk, make a carnation instant breakfast, if you drink about 3 of these a day with the whole milk, half and half mixture, it may help and its not that much of a food adjustment
Good luck

SarasotaCFMom

Good luck

SarasotaCFMom

Good luck

SarasotaCFMom

<br />Good luck