Acute Rejection

summer732

No problem! How are things going? How is she feeling? I know they made me stay in the house for a few days when they gave me the high dose steroids, so I felt fine but was going stir crazy.

Give us an update when you get a chance!

summer732

No problem! How are things going? How is she feeling? I know they made me stay in the house for a few days when they gave me the high dose steroids, so I felt fine but was going stir crazy.

summer732

summer732

summer732

<br />
<br />Give us an update when you get a chance!

NYCLawGirl

Pre-tx here, but my clinic has warned me again and again that acute rejection is really common in the first 3 months and almost always completely treatable. Apparently the first months are actually the MOST common time to get rejection, even though it feels like it's too soon -- the lungs are still really sensitive and the body is kind of on overdrive. It sucks that your docs aren't really communicating, but for what it's worth my clinic has told me to definitely be prepared for a couple of bumps in the road like that...just thought maybe that would help put your mind at ease.

Lots of love and light and prayers to your sis and your whole fam! I hope you come through this quickly and easily!

NYCLawGirl

Pre-tx here, but my clinic has warned me again and again that acute rejection is really common in the first 3 months and almost always completely treatable. Apparently the first months are actually the MOST common time to get rejection, even though it feels like it's too soon -- the lungs are still really sensitive and the body is kind of on overdrive. It sucks that your docs aren't really communicating, but for what it's worth my clinic has told me to definitely be prepared for a couple of bumps in the road like that...just thought maybe that would help put your mind at ease.

Lots of love and light and prayers to your sis and your whole fam! I hope you come through this quickly and easily!

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />Lots of love and light and prayers to your sis and your whole fam! I hope you come through this quickly and easily!

Lamp

Piper, thats exactly what we wanted to hear from our doctors but they were almost afraid to say it. Which got us really scared. But it might be that there soooo used to this that they forget its new for us and scary.
She's doing well. Her spirits are much more hopeful and higher than when she originally got the news. Since then her coordinator came in and told us almost all there patients deal with this at some point. Why they couldn't have just said this at the beginning...who knows. But like i said its so 'normal' for them to deal with it they probably forgot how not normal it was for us. Everybody is scared of the word rejection.

And have your doctors told you that sickness can trigger rejection as well?

Lamp

Piper, thats exactly what we wanted to hear from our doctors but they were almost afraid to say it. Which got us really scared. But it might be that there soooo used to this that they forget its new for us and scary.
She's doing well. Her spirits are much more hopeful and higher than when she originally got the news. Since then her coordinator came in and told us almost all there patients deal with this at some point. Why they couldn't have just said this at the beginning...who knows. But like i said its so 'normal' for them to deal with it they probably forgot how not normal it was for us. Everybody is scared of the word rejection.

Lamp

Lamp

Lamp

<br />She's doing well. Her spirits are much more hopeful and higher than when she originally got the news. Since then her coordinator came in and told us almost all there patients deal with this at some point. Why they couldn't have just said this at the beginning...who knows. But like i said its so 'normal' for them to deal with it they probably forgot how not normal it was for us. Everybody is scared of the word rejection.
<br />
<br />And have your doctors told you that sickness can trigger rejection as well?