Advice

mom4holly

Thank you all for your advice

Mockingbird-I do not think that you were being insensitive-I appreciate any advice that I can get!!!!!

I spoke to Holly's teacher & nurse today because she is being changed from an IEP to a 504 plan. I didn't think that those had anything to do with the other but I guess they do. I bought a box of mask's & the kids will be having a mask decorating day tomorrow & Holly seamed excited about that. They aren't announcing it as a "Holly" thing-just something fun to do. Plus a bonus is that the teacher says that they have allowed her to switch the curriculum around & just switch a few weeks up so that they are going to start learning about healthy living this week so it will kinda fit in.

Homeschooling/Homebound-I know that this sounds ideal but she went to preschoo,pre-k & is now in kindergarten & still way behind in her academics. IF the mask decorating day doesn't help her than we will be going this route but I'm hoping not to. I know I probably sound like a bad mother but I have tried & tried at home & it has gotten us no where. I do work outside of the home but overnight because I have to be off of work so often with her & I don't want to miss any school plays or ballet recitals or anything like that.

She has to wear the mask anytime we are in a public place that has other people the doctor puts it. As far as the other Cfer in the class next door I have seen the little girl with a mask also & me & the other parent suggested maybe classing them together but the doctor didn't think that was a good idea because the other girl has kapasha or something (I think I'm spelling it wrong). The other little girl has no problem wearing her mask that I know of from her mom that's why I didn't think it would be this bad for her.

Thank you all for your advice-It has helped so much.

mom4holly

Mockingbird-I do not think that you were being insensitive-I appreciate any advice that I can get!!!!!

I spoke to Holly's teacher & nurse today because she is being changed from an IEP to a 504 plan. I didn't think that those had anything to do with the other but I guess they do. I bought a box of mask's & the kids will be having a mask decorating day tomorrow & Holly seamed excited about that. They aren't announcing it as a "Holly" thing-just something fun to do. Plus a bonus is that the teacher says that they have allowed her to switch the curriculum around & just switch a few weeks up so that they are going to start learning about healthy living this week so it will kinda fit in.

Homeschooling/Homebound-I know that this sounds ideal but she went to preschoo,pre-k & is now in kindergarten & still way behind in her academics. IF the mask decorating day doesn't help her than we will be going this route but I'm hoping not to. I know I probably sound like a bad mother but I have tried & tried at home & it has gotten us no where. I do work outside of the home but overnight because I have to be off of work so often with her & I don't want to miss any school plays or ballet recitals or anything like that.

She has to wear the mask anytime we are in a public place that has other people the doctor puts it. As far as the other Cfer in the class next door I have seen the little girl with a mask also & me & the other parent suggested maybe classing them together but the doctor didn't think that was a good idea because the other girl has kapasha or something (I think I'm spelling it wrong). The other little girl has no problem wearing her mask that I know of from her mom that's why I didn't think it would be this bad for her.

mom4holly

mom4holly

mom4holly

mom4holly

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>B.Capacia, and yes putting them in class together is a bad idea</end quote></div>

what is this? how do you get it? can she catch it from her? how do you test her for it?

mom4holly

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>B.Capacia, and yes putting them in class together is a bad idea</end quote></div>

what is this? how do you get it? can she catch it from her? how do you test her for it?

mom4holly

mom4holly

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>B.Capacia, and yes putting them in class together is a bad idea</end quote>

mom4holly

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>B.Capacia, and yes putting them in class together is a bad idea</end quote>

CountryGirl

B. Cepacia is a really bad thing to get, its kinda like psuedomonas (spelling?) but alot worse. You cant get rid of it in any way and it makes you resistant to a TON of antibiotics. I dont want to scare you but your daughter needs to stay away from the other girl at all times. She needs to be very verey careful to make sure she doesnt touch anything the other girl might...like in the bathroom or on the playground. Im sure some one else on here will explain it much better but you definitely dont want your daughter to catch it.

CountryGirl

B. Cepacia is a really bad thing to get, its kinda like psuedomonas (spelling?) but alot worse. You cant get rid of it in any way and it makes you resistant to a TON of antibiotics. I dont want to scare you but your daughter needs to stay away from the other girl at all times. She needs to be very verey careful to make sure she doesnt touch anything the other girl might...like in the bathroom or on the playground. Im sure some one else on here will explain it much better but you definitely dont want your daughter to catch it.

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

CountryGirl