Air In Stomach? What do I do?

arche4life

I have been having alot of problems lately with my digestive system. It constantly feels like there is air in my stomach that won't leave and it has made living life very uncomfortable. My stomach is constantly distended, the site of my feeding to is particularly painful, my stomach is always making really loud noises, louder then usual and it basically feels like if you were to stick a giant needle in me I would deflate like a balloon. It is particularly bad after I eat anything and it makes it even more difficult to breath.

I have been having the problem with air for about 2 years now but it has gotten much worse lately. I been telling my doctor and my nutritionist about this for probably a year now but I have come to realize they are completely useless. They perscribe random medications that don't work, don't follow up on problems and generally don't seem to care. Their answers usually consist of either "yeah that will happen" or "take tylenol" and I have kind of gotten to the point of not contacting my clinic about anything unless I am basically on my death bed.

Does anyone else get this? Do you know what it is called or caused by? Most importantly do you know how to stop it?

Please please please help.
Thanks
-Annie
23 F w/ CFRD, diagnosed at birth, on the top of the transplant list since mid November!!

arche4life

I have been having alot of problems lately with my digestive system. It constantly feels like there is air in my stomach that won't leave and it has made living life very uncomfortable. My stomach is constantly distended, the site of my feeding to is particularly painful, my stomach is always making really loud noises, louder then usual and it basically feels like if you were to stick a giant needle in me I would deflate like a balloon. It is particularly bad after I eat anything and it makes it even more difficult to breath.

I have been having the problem with air for about 2 years now but it has gotten much worse lately. I been telling my doctor and my nutritionist about this for probably a year now but I have come to realize they are completely useless. They perscribe random medications that don't work, don't follow up on problems and generally don't seem to care. Their answers usually consist of either "yeah that will happen" or "take tylenol" and I have kind of gotten to the point of not contacting my clinic about anything unless I am basically on my death bed.

Does anyone else get this? Do you know what it is called or caused by? Most importantly do you know how to stop it?

Thanks
-Annie
23 F w/ CFRD, diagnosed at birth, on the top of the transplant list since mid November!!

arche4life

Thanks
-Annie

arche4life

Thanks
-Annie

arche4life

<br />
<br />I have been having the problem with air for about 2 years now but it has gotten much worse lately. I been telling my doctor and my nutritionist about this for probably a year now but I have come to realize they are completely useless. They perscribe random medications that don't work, don't follow up on problems and generally don't seem to care. Their answers usually consist of either "yeah that will happen" or "take tylenol" and I have kind of gotten to the point of not contacting my clinic about anything unless I am basically on my death bed.
<br />
<br />Does anyone else get this? Do you know what it is called or caused by? Most importantly do you know how to stop it?
<br />
<br />Please please please help.
<br />Thanks
<br />-Annie
<br />23 F w/ CFRD, diagnosed at birth, on the top of the transplant list since mid November!!

static

Hmm I don't think I've ever had air in my stomach but what can happen is mucus gets into your stomach walls and could make it feel like something is trapped in their.

It is also why sometimes people with CF have large pot-bellys despite the fact of being pretty thin. I don't think much can be done about it, just something you gotta deal with.

static

Hmm I don't think I've ever had air in my stomach but what can happen is mucus gets into your stomach walls and could make it feel like something is trapped in their.

It is also why sometimes people with CF have large pot-bellys despite the fact of being pretty thin. I don't think much can be done about it, just something you gotta deal with.

static

static

static

<br />
<br />It is also why sometimes people with CF have large pot-bellys despite the fact of being pretty thin. I don't think much can be done about it, just something you gotta deal with.

JenDiS

you may want to go see a gastrointestinal doctor to sort out your problems. if it was air in your tummy can you just pass it as gas? dont laugh im being serious!! my tumym gets distended when i eat too much n its uncomfortable and sometimes i do feel like there is too much air in my stomach...i lay on my side and hope itll pass or go down...if your belly keep getting bigger n bigger i wouldnt wait to go to a gastro. and get their opinion. dont want it to be anything else!!

JenDiS

you may want to go see a gastrointestinal doctor to sort out your problems. if it was air in your tummy can you just pass it as gas? dont laugh im being serious!! my tumym gets distended when i eat too much n its uncomfortable and sometimes i do feel like there is too much air in my stomach...i lay on my side and hope itll pass or go down...if your belly keep getting bigger n bigger i wouldnt wait to go to a gastro. and get their opinion. dont want it to be anything else!!

JenDiS

JenDiS

JenDiS

Melissa75

Administrator
Would it help to contact the makers of your feeding tube/button? (sorry not perfect on terminology) It might take a lot of waiting on hold while you get to someone who is qualified to talk to you, but if you are firm/pushy, you might get someone helpful. I am sure the first thing they will say is talk to your doctor, but maybe not. I know the Vest people don't work that way, but they have more of an incentive to be friendly and helpful.
Also, if you contact the competitors of the button you have...or your button but make it sound like you don't have one...are making decisions based on past discomfort, that might get you someone's ear.

Good luck with this. It sounds really uncomfortable :-(

Melissa75

Administrator
Would it help to contact the makers of your feeding tube/button? (sorry not perfect on terminology) It might take a lot of waiting on hold while you get to someone who is qualified to talk to you, but if you are firm/pushy, you might get someone helpful. I am sure the first thing they will say is talk to your doctor, but maybe not. I know the Vest people don't work that way, but they have more of an incentive to be friendly and helpful.
Also, if you contact the competitors of the button you have...or your button but make it sound like you don't have one...are making decisions based on past discomfort, that might get you someone's ear.

Melissa75

Administrator

Melissa75

Administrator

Melissa75

Administrator
<br />Also, if you contact the competitors of the button you have...or your button but make it sound like you don't have one...are making decisions based on past discomfort, that might get you someone's ear.
<br />
<br />Good luck with this. It sounds really uncomfortable :-(