Allergies anyone??

ConnorsMom

What the allergy doc explained to me about the drying of some drugs, is that it doesn't affect the entire system, just drying of the upper respiratory tract. He was also very informative about treating the symptoms separately. After removing possible irratants from the environment (ie: feathery pillows, and comforters, keeping the dog out of his bed) then you need a decongestant to treat the congestion,and antihistamine to treat the watery eyes and itchy throat. He said there is no one drug that treats all the symptoms together. I have all along been trying to find one drug to treat all to minimize the number of pills Connor has to take, but apparently it doesn't work that way. He suggested Connor take the Singular along with the Zyrtec, and Flonase and he said it's not necessary to take them 365 days a year (except Flonase, cuz that's for his polyps), but at the times I know Connor is affected the most and then to be sure to give the drugs at least 4 days to get into his system and work. If after 7-10 days straight of taking them and no improvement, then they probably aren't working for the symptoms.

ConnorsMom

What the allergy doc explained to me about the drying of some drugs, is that it doesn't affect the entire system, just drying of the upper respiratory tract. He was also very informative about treating the symptoms separately. After removing possible irratants from the environment (ie: feathery pillows, and comforters, keeping the dog out of his bed) then you need a decongestant to treat the congestion,and antihistamine to treat the watery eyes and itchy throat. He said there is no one drug that treats all the symptoms together. I have all along been trying to find one drug to treat all to minimize the number of pills Connor has to take, but apparently it doesn't work that way. He suggested Connor take the Singular along with the Zyrtec, and Flonase and he said it's not necessary to take them 365 days a year (except Flonase, cuz that's for his polyps), but at the times I know Connor is affected the most and then to be sure to give the drugs at least 4 days to get into his system and work. If after 7-10 days straight of taking them and no improvement, then they probably aren't working for the symptoms.

ConnorsMom

ConnorsMom

ConnorsMom

<br />

NoExcuses

unfortunately no doctor is 100% correct and in this case, the doc is wrong about systemic effects of zyrtec.

Flonse also contains alcohol which can frequently cause irritation in the nose as well as nose bleeds (who wants to spray alcohol up their nose????).

NoExcuses

unfortunately no doctor is 100% correct and in this case, the doc is wrong about systemic effects of zyrtec.

Flonse also contains alcohol which can frequently cause irritation in the nose as well as nose bleeds (who wants to spray alcohol up their nose????).

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

<br />
<br />Flonse also contains alcohol which can frequently cause irritation in the nose as well as nose bleeds (who wants to spray alcohol up their nose????).
<br />
<br />

JORDYSMOM

Wouldn't drying of the upper resp. tract be just as problematic in moving the mucous? I mean it must pass through there to be expelled. Just a thought.

Also, Amy what's your take on the Veramyst? Thanks.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Wouldn't drying of the upper resp. tract be just as problematic in moving the mucous? I mean it must pass through there to be expelled. Just a thought.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />Also, Amy what's your take on the Veramyst? Thanks.
<br />
<br />Stacey

T

tammykrumrey

My older one with CF has many allergies, mostly trees and molds. She takes Claritin every day, which helps 95% of time. When the spore counts are extremely high, nothing helps her. In those cases, it is only a few days of misery, but I do all I can...vaccuum like a mad woman, dust, clean sheets, make sure her hair is clean b/f bed, etc... She showed no symptoms of allergies until she was about 8 years old.
My younger one is just mildly allergic to aspergillus.
Both girls have been tested for allergies (the kind with the panels of 'scratch marks' on their backs).

T

tammykrumrey

My older one with CF has many allergies, mostly trees and molds. She takes Claritin every day, which helps 95% of time. When the spore counts are extremely high, nothing helps her. In those cases, it is only a few days of misery, but I do all I can...vaccuum like a mad woman, dust, clean sheets, make sure her hair is clean b/f bed, etc... She showed no symptoms of allergies until she was about 8 years old.
Both girls have been tested for allergies (the kind with the panels of 'scratch marks' on their backs).

T

tammykrumrey

T

tammykrumrey

T

tammykrumrey

<br />My younger one is just mildly allergic to aspergillus.
<br />Both girls have been tested for allergies (the kind with the panels of 'scratch marks' on their backs).
<br />