Anesthesia issues?

SIcklyhatED

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Incomudrox</b></i> <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>saveferris2009</b></i> <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Havoc</b></i> Yes, people with CF have enhanced metabolism on the P450 cytochrome.</end quote> FASCINATING. I have never heard this! Can you reference? Thanks again for this.... I had no idea about the P450 liver pathway.</end quote> Also note that the CYP3A pathway is on the P450 Cytochrome as well and is also effected in turn we don't get the best bang for the buck with anything we consume that is metabolized by the liver. This is why most CFers can drink soda after soda and then fall asleep because we are removing the caffine from the body so quickly. .</end quote>
oh my gosh yes! That is so me! Even as a little kid I knew that for some reason caffiene has no affect on me whatsoever, unless I were to drink a giant Monster on an empty stomach, but then I just feel nauseous. It makes perfect sense.

SIcklyhatED

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Incomudrox</b></i> <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>saveferris2009</b></i> <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Havoc</b></i> Yes, people with CF have enhanced metabolism on the P450 cytochrome.</end quote> FASCINATING. I have never heard this! Can you reference? Thanks again for this.... I had no idea about the P450 liver pathway.</end quote> Also note that the CYP3A pathway is on the P450 Cytochrome as well and is also effected in turn we don't get the best bang for the buck with anything we consume that is metabolized by the liver. This is why most CFers can drink soda after soda and then fall asleep because we are removing the caffine from the body so quickly. .</end quote>
oh my gosh yes! That is so me! Even as a little kid I knew that for some reason caffiene has no affect on me whatsoever, unless I were to drink a giant Monster on an empty stomach, but then I just feel nauseous. It makes perfect sense.

Kristen

Wow! This is so interesting! I haven't had issues with general anesthesia, but I have always had the problem with novocain at the dentist. And, after I gave birth, the nurse commented on how I had used ALL of my bag of "epidural numbing stuff" (not sure of the correct term), and that she had never seen someone use so much. Yet I could still feel a lot.

Kristen

Wow! This is so interesting! I haven't had issues with general anesthesia, but I have always had the problem with novocain at the dentist. And, after I gave birth, the nurse commented on how I had used ALL of my bag of "epidural numbing stuff" (not sure of the correct term), and that she had never seen someone use so much. Yet I could still feel a lot.