antacids question

SadiesMom

Are there other antacids that your kids take besides zantac or prevacid? Zantac doesn't seem to be as effective anymore, and we've experienced side effects from prevacid. Just wondering if there was anything else out there. Thanks!

SadiesMom

Are there other antacids that your kids take besides zantac or prevacid? Zantac doesn't seem to be as effective anymore, and we've experienced side effects from prevacid. Just wondering if there was anything else out there. Thanks!

SadiesMom

Rebjane

Super Moderator
We have only used Zantac and Prevacid so far; but one CF doc told me that some of his patients really liked Nexium. I think it may be a little more pricey than zantac or prevacid.

My daughter also pops TUMS on occasion for stomach upset..Our nutritionist said it's fine and also a good source of calcium.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
We have only used Zantac and Prevacid so far; but one CF doc told me that some of his patients really liked Nexium. I think it may be a little more pricey than zantac or prevacid.

My daughter also pops TUMS on occasion for stomach upset..Our nutritionist said it's fine and also a good source of calcium.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />My daughter also pops TUMS on occasion for stomach upset..Our nutritionist said it's fine and also a good source of calcium.

M

Mommafirst

I have terrible reflux and use a combination of zantac and dexilant. I have tried everything (nexium, prevacid, prilosec). I don't know if they make dexilant in kid formulations, but its relatively new and works really well for me. I also used aciphex for awhile and found it was pretty similar to prevacid.

M

Mommafirst

I have terrible reflux and use a combination of zantac and dexilant. I have tried everything (nexium, prevacid, prilosec). I don't know if they make dexilant in kid formulations, but its relatively new and works really well for me. I also used aciphex for awhile and found it was pretty similar to prevacid.

M

Mommafirst

rubyroselee

Hello,

I have had problems with severe reflex ever since I was 14 years old. I started on Zantac, then moved up to Prevacid, Prilosec, and now Nexium. I have even taken as much as four 40mg of Nexium a day. Luckily now I am down to only two Nexium's a day, but I have pretty much been on them all. Protonix is also available, although I have never taken that one.

rubyroselee

Hello,

I have had problems with severe reflex ever since I was 14 years old. I started on Zantac, then moved up to Prevacid, Prilosec, and now Nexium. I have even taken as much as four 40mg of Nexium a day. Luckily now I am down to only two Nexium's a day, but I have pretty much been on them all. Protonix is also available, although I have never taken that one.

rubyroselee

Hello,
<br />
<br />I have had problems with severe reflex ever since I was 14 years old. I started on Zantac, then moved up to Prevacid, Prilosec, and now Nexium. I have even taken as much as four 40mg of Nexium a day. Luckily now I am down to only two Nexium's a day, but I have pretty much been on them all. Protonix is also available, although I have never taken that one.